Productivity

Ron Huston

Question

Our main use is using VW to produce detailed 2D workshop drawings ( PC Based ). I switched from Micrografx Designer to VW for many reasons and am happy with the switch .

My wish is have some of the Designer advantages incorporated into VW to increase productivity and ease of use .

The main one concerns the use the Crtl key - this might sound stupid but in Designer ALL Commands and Tools had an icon ie all mouse clicks - no rh off mouse , lh to ctrl key , rh looking for that key ( and having to remember it) x 3000 times/day = a lot of lost time . In Designer All Pallets/toolbars are completely customisable thru an easy interface . Also Designer , being a graphics style programme has great Text capabilities

ie a single file could contain all drawings and correspondence.

Another problem (to me)- the handles for objects are all mid grey and inside the object ie cannot usefully use mid grey fills - could they be colored and or outside ??

Context senstive right click menus ??

Zoom mouse wheel ??

Edit text by double click??

More Color - ie Exit Group , black font on grey background - make it bright red !!

More more icons!!

Do you have any graphic designers on your design staff ?? if not why ??

Check out Designer !!

Regards

rrrrrrrh

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet