Changes that were made in Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks could cause the following problems in Vectorworks 2012:
- Quick Look previews and Spotlight searching may fail for Vectorworks files
- Vectorworks may crash on launch
Replacing the shipping SecurityHelperTool in Vectorworks with an updated version will fix these issues.
Steps to fix:
1) Download a new version of the SecurityHelperTool tool from the bottom of this article.
2) Unzip the tool.
3) Navigate to the Vectorworks executable, right click on the executable and click on “Show Package Contents”
4) Replace the SecurityHelperTool located in Contents/MacOS with the one you downloaded.
Edited by JimW