All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I have a slightly side question: I am making a special title block border for the sheet that I will put my drawing register on. Can I make that title block automatically report the date of the latest drawing issue? Can one of these options for linked text do that? It's the date in the red circle I'm after (this is a sreenshot of the drawing register):
  3. King Edward's Witley - Exhibition Hall & Library - 06.06.2022 v2023 v2024 v2021.vwx
  4. An edge detector looks at the pixels from the VW image and those become edges (white edges on black background), which are then forwarded to the image generation (SDXL). Other than to denote edges, colors of the pixels are not used, nor 3D in the model. However a future release may use the depth from Shaded renderings.
  5. thanks for those Dave and Claes
  6. blimey

HYPAR

Hi yes really interesting, but revit can export to hypar. Is that possible with vectorworks?
  7. We are looking for a drafter based in the US with a proven track record of Event Permitting and 2D event overlay experience. Please do not waste my time and yours if you do not meet these criteria. Work examples (PDF is fine) are essential. Interested? Send your portfolio and an outline of recent work/projects completed to: iain@ragingempire.com.au
  8. Today
  9. Would be nice if the Pillar object could be bound to levels, top and bottom.
  10. I regularly toggle between the 1st and 2nd mode and never use the 3rd mode. It's funny how everyone gets used to different stuff. In 2023 and previous I would use my hotkey to go from 1 to 2 then hit the hotkey twice to skip past 3 and back to 1. Now in 2024 I am struggling a bit with mode 4. If I want to get back to mode 1 by hitting the hotkey past 4 the widget stays on when I get back to 1. I'm not sure if this is ok yet as I am still getting used to the widget. I do rather like mode 4. I think I would like mode 4 to be it's own toggle separate from the first mode group. Mode group 1: interactive scaling Mode group 2: Marquee Mode group 3: Transform mode (by itself - on or off) Mode group 4: Translate/reposition Mode group 5: Object/working plane
  11. 🙂 Probably ? I am doing hard enough mimicking English .... And now even needed to adapt to that sensitive creature ....
  12. Thanks. So it has no "intelligence" about things like orientation of surfaces or distance from camera etc direct from the model ... just what it mysteriously works out from the pixels. (One of the things that surprises me most about these AI image generators is how they manage to get that stuff mostly right - if the light is shining from the side they seem to know what surfaces to light up. I find it a bit spooky really.)
  13. Is it that your negative prompt needs to be "red color" rather than "no red color"?
  14. That did not work for me. Creativity 0% keeps the geometry (mostly, beside some dents in the facade and such) but VW 's AI has a tendency to change or add a color. (For reasons I do not really want to know) In my case, offered was a shaded perspective of an industrial building with silver anodized facade panels. And that was wished for in prompts. AI decided that one of the building volumes needs to be red instead. Negative prompt "no red color" didn't prevent that in my case. I think with 0% creativity, AI gets angry and somewhere changes a color arbitrarily. I see no color experiments if I give him 100% creativity - and it gives much better images overall, just that then it has nothing to do with the design/geometry of my initial image proposal .....
  15. @HuguesGotcha. That makes sense to me. I've just made two separate reports and made them look like the same on on my viewport page. In the future I want to also try it with a spreadsheet as was mentioned above as I think would do essentially the same thing. Same with making it a BIM object such as a space instead of going through the trouble of adding shapes and naming them or adding custom reports to them.
  16. Thanks so much. I’ll give all these a try over the next few days. Babysitting our granddaughter over the Easter weekend so - family first 🤗
  17. Are you right-clicking the database header (the one with the black diamond)? If it's not visible, go to the View menu on the worksheet and enable 'Database Headers' temporarily.
  18. So, I have a renderworks artistic style applied to one of my viewports and I want to put another viewport below it. The problem is that the viewport with the renderworks style applied to it doesn't print as shown and I don't know why. I've tried to adjust a lot of viewport and publish settings but no luck. I've attached the screenshot of what I'm trying to print, the settings for that viewport and the screenshot of what comes out. Thanks for the help. Untitled 1.pdf
  19. AlanW

Worksheets

Hi I want to add all the symbol used in a drawings that are within a certain symbol folder. Have been doing it with records and text but the symbol which is a bit of a drawing i can add the image but it will pick up all the images in the drawing if i don't sort. Any ides would be greatly appreciated. See Attached 2024 Thanks Alan Legend test.vwx
  20. Hey folks I've created a plug in object that has several definitions. I need to create multi line text within the PIO somehow to be referenced by a Data Tag (like how a callout uses a multiline text box). I've hit a wall in my knowldge of PIO creation and vectorscript. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
  21. If the 3D object has 'history' one option is to edit the 2D shape it was created from (with the Reshape Tool as you describe). So for example if you drew the frame as a 2D shape initially then extruded it outwards, you could double-click on the Extrude to get back to the original 2D shape to edit it. Or if it is a Generic Solid I would just use the Split Tool in the 2nd mode to cut it in half, move one half apart to make it wider, then use Push/Pull to join the top + bots rails back together then use Add Solids to make them a single object again. Or you can Push/Pull the outer edge of the frame whatever distance you need then Push/Pull the inner edge the same distance going in the same direction. Yes use the Add Solids command (right-click object context menu or Model menu).
  22. Thanks for the reply. Any further help is greatly appreciated as I’m a woodworker by trade so this takes some learning! I managed it in Sketchup, but VW is so much easier to produce 2D plans.
  23. You can make a Section-Elevation Line that looks like that but it will only be linked to one Viewport so will display the same drawing number in both markers: To have it auto-coordinate you would need to have two separate Section-Elevation Lines drawn on top of each other:
  24. Yes this file just has the two textures mentioned many years ago. You can import the textures to your model to try them out.
  25. I'm relatively new Vectorworks user so apologies if I'm missing something obvious. I've created a door schedule worksheet, and I'm getting duplicated of each door showing up on the schedule. After some googling it seems that this is because VW is counting all the instances of the doors in respective viewports; and the solution seems to be to "edit criteria" and change this. However, when I right click on the header, and try and click "edit criteria" option is grey'd out? Any idea what I'm doing wrong? It's a fairly large project with lots of doors so I'm trying to avoid manually going through the worksheet and deleting duplicates.
  26. I have long thought this too. I've been using Smart Options Display instead for Reshape Tool + Move by Points as it's quicker than cycling through all the modes using the U key, especially since it got a bit snappier in VW2024 (although perhaps I imagined that...). But I kind of feel the Selection Tool is a special case. Modes 3 + 4 should be in their own mode group with holding down the Option key activating the opposite one like the Eyedropper Tool, or mode 4 should be in a mode of its own like Tobi says. The other tools I use all of the modes more or less equally whereas the Selection Tool feels like it has redundant modes that could be relegated somewhere else.
  1. Load more activity