All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. avyclaire

Plant Labels

I just heard back from Vectorworks who told me that it is a known problem that they are working on solving. In the meantime, they gave a fix that worked for me. I custom selected all the plants in the document. In the palette info click on the drop down menu for bubble style on the plant tag, choose none. Or, choose a style and then re-choose none.
  3. Stephan Moenninghoff

Repeat / Loop a wrapped script

I suppose some more swapping of columns is necessary to make the offset more uneven 😁
  4. Tamsin Slatter

Plant Labels

Hi all I've reported this as a bug and it is in hand. I was able to reproduce it at the time I filed it, but can no longer make it happen. It seems that not all templates exhibit the problem, so it might be worth trying different templates. I'm sorry I can't give more precise instructions, but did want to reassure you that our engineers are on the case.
  5. Stephan Moenninghoff

Repeat / Loop a wrapped script

After some major refactoring (actually, a rewrite), the network has become more elegant and much smaller. Modifying the points before they are fed into the polygon proves much faster and more manageable. Now, it's also easier to add more options (movement of vertices along the x axis?). And since the "Set 2D vertex" node is now redundant, the whole Marionette works as an object. Array-IT2.vwx
  6. DeSignature

Dialog with n-number of items

Hi, I'm trying to display a legend, but I would like to be able to select the specific hatches to be displayed. Since I don't know how many hatches are used in a drawing, would it be possible to build a dialog according to the - schematic - code below? HatchId := BuildResourceList (66, 14, 'Hulpbronnen - Lijnarceringen', HatchNum); FOR n := 1 TO HatchNum DO CreateCheckBox (DialogId, Item(n), Index2Name(Item(n))); SetFirstLayoutItem (DialogId, Item(n)); SetBelowItem (DialogId, Item(n), Item(n) + 1, 0, 0);
  7. Julian Carr

Defining Height of a Wall Style

see http://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/VS:SetWallOverallHeights FUNCTION SetWallOverallHeights( theWall :HANDLE; botBoundType :INTEGER; botBoundStory :INTEGER; botLayerLevelType :STRING; botOffset :REAL; topBoundType :INTEGER; topBoundStory :INTEGER; topLayerLevelType :STRING; topOffset :REAL) : BOOLEAN; Julian
  8. Thanks! I'll try checking origin - I updated my profile - I'm on 2019 SP4.
  9. Pat Stanford

Automatic Class Assignment for a bunch of objects

Yes, everything you want to do can be readily easily done in either VectorScript of PythonScript. If you remember any of your Pascal and don't mind the Begins/Ends it requires, then Vectorscript is probably your best bet. If Begins/Ends drove you crazy, then you might want to consider Pythonscript instead, but then you get to deal with it being "white space" delimited and an extra space will put something at a different indent (and therefore subroutine group) level. Here is some pseudocode. Procedure Create-Set-Class; Procedure Make_It_So(H1:Handle); {procedure to be called by ForEachObject} Var S1:String; Begin S1:=GetRField(H1,'Your-Record-Name'.'Your-Class-Name'); NameClass(S1); {Note Class names can only be 20 characters long} SetClass(H1,S1); End; Begin ForEachObject(Make_It_So,((R IN ['Your-Record-Name']))); End; Run(Create-Set-Class); The above was typed into the forum, so please excuse any typos or other errors. You may want to change the criteria in the ForEachObject to limit it to just objects that are on a specific layer or have specific field values. You will definitely need to change the record and field names to match what you are using. Good luck and let us know if you need more help.
  10. Hello VS folks Is there a way to define the height sets in a Wall Style... I can use the object selector 1177 to define thickness ... (SetObjectVariableReal(hwallStyle,1177,thick); but could not define the selector for the height sets ... Thanks for any ideas !
  11. Yesterday
  12. Benson Shaw

Slab Style on a Site Model

Also, here's a 2016 thread with a technique for extracting a usable surface from a site model (DTM) and shelling it. A few things are explored in the thread. Final few posts detail the process. Process is same in newer versions. Process starts with creation of a Drape Surface over the DTM. Use the entire Drape, or extract a portion of the Drape via the Project tool or Solid Section of an extrude. Apply thickness via the Shell command. If the Shell direction is downward, the Shell object can represent a stratum in the soil. The bottom surface can be extracted with the Extract tool and that surface can be shelled downward to represent the next layer. etc. These shell objects are not modifiers of the DTM. They are additional volumes which can have section attributes with fill, texture, or texture with hatch. Worksheet can display volumetric info and record info about each shell. -B
  13. hhafsteinsson

All viewport´s disapair / empty

Hello Joshua, Yes I have check that layer and class pf that and they seems correct, (might be my ignorance of not looking in right place) Here is example of one of the viewport layer properties with empty sheet layer. Also I have attached screenshoot of the viewport list red line is good example of empty sheet layer v/s the green line with new sheet layer that is working just fine, and when I compare them they look just the same.
  14. hhafsteinsson

All viewport´s disapair / empty

@michaelk you got PM
  15. Has anyone else had this problem? I created a dual stacked dimension standard in my drawing, then I noticed that the "inches" figure was not correct. It was not showing the fractions. The width of the box is 23-5/8". The dimension shows 23". I checked all of my settings, units too, and they are all correct. If I change the dimension to another standard, then the dimension shows the fractions correctly. This is what I see: To troubleshoot I opened a blank drawing and created the dual stacked dimension standard there and it works. Then I copied the layer objects from the offending drawing to the blank drawing, and it works there. This is what it looks like in the blank file: Any suggestions what the problem might be? Strangely, dual side-by-side shows the dimension correctly: OK, I think I narrowed the problem down to that the fraction does not show if the inches fraction is set to a stacked fraction. I tested that in both drawings and found this is true. I also tested ungrouping the dimension and that makes the fraction visible. I guess this is another bug 😫
  16. Benson Shaw

OpenGL Graininess surrounding objects

Is the alpha channel turned on in the OGL vps? That could cause the white pixels. But it usually affects only PNG image captures. Total longshot. If if you can force the problem in a simple test file post it here so forum can take a look. -B
  17. Sebastiaan

Unfortunately that is not it. It is already set to 300
  18. Benson Shaw

Would it help to increase the sheet layer resolution? Edit via the sheet layer list in Organization Palette or Navigation Palette. Default value is low and causes similar scutch.
  19. Hello helpful people in the know. I have never used VW scripting to date - however thought it might be useful for the following : - I have a file with about 150 or so objects. - They are all named - They all have the same record format attached I would like to create an animation where they all come on one by one (basically like an installation instruction). So I thought the easiest to do that would be if I had each of these objects sitting in its own class, and then use animation works to create what I'm after. From what I've read so far it sounds like it should be fairly straightforward to create a little script that: - goes through all the objects , one by one, and - reads either (a) a field from the record format (that contains an ID number) , or (b) reads the objects name from the OIP data set , as a selection criteria, and then - automatically creates a new class with (a) or (b) as class name, and then - puts the object into that new class. - then moves on to the next object. Is that easy to do ? Can anyone point me in the right direction or help me with this? Also, can you point me to a resource pointing out the differences / thought approaches between Vs , python etc ? (I used to some pascal programming about 30 years ago so thought the vector script sounds like it may be most down my alley 🙂 ? ) Would love to play wiht all this a bit more once I get some starting points going... Thanks !
  20. Kane

Downloading 2018

Hi, i am working with a practice that uses 2018. I have a license key for 2018 to use for my laptop. where can i download a 2018 version of Vectorworks architecture ?
  21. Alasdairjsy

Videocard

Thanks for the help, the GTX 1650 has 4GB so sounds the better option. I'm only intending to use the laptop when travelling or occasional use when not in the office. Cheers, Alasdair.
  22. Art V

WIN 10 Meltdown

Win 10 Pro has some advantages over the home version, especially for business use, so I would prefer that over the home version if possible.
  23. Art V

Videocard

How much memory does each card have? Both would work ok but I would be inclined to go for the newer GTX 1650 as that one should be faster for rendering etc. than the GTX 1050 and will last you a bit longer, this assuming they have the same amount of VRAM. On the other hand, if the GTX 1650 comes with 2GB VRAM and the GTX 1050 with 4 GB VRAM then I would be inclined to go for the GTX 1050, especially if you want to use a 2nd monitor attached to your laptop. If you can chose the amount of memory for each card, e.g. 2 or 4 GB of memory then go for at least 4 GB of GPU memory (VRAM).
  24. @Sue CW Hi, I’m interested by VW 2019 Fundamentals. Is it still available ? What’s your price ? Please send me info to jean@jeandalborgo.ch Best, Jean
  25. Micel

'Glow Texture' - I'm new to it!

Ha...cheers. Looks good.
  26. Tamsin Slatter

Here it is in 2017... And here's the cake (soon to be smothered in chocolate icing and raspberries...)! Glow Sphere v2017.vwx
  27. Micel

Hi Tamsin, Thankfully all is good...but I would be interested in seeing the file you've sent over, unfortunately I can't open it in VW 2017 - when you have the time could you re-send (no rush)? Again, thanks for your time and good luck with the cake...
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.