All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Valve nodes work like that ( I think.) You could use 2 Filter nodes and and 1 Yes NO Dialog ( call it 'X MIRROR). The OIP gives you the choice between X Mirror or No ( No will give you the Y-Mirror). mirror.vwx
  3. halfcouple

two or more Valve nodes, which one takes presidence ??

Thanks Marissa, I diddn't think this was so complicated... Just thought that I could try to use the Flip3D node plus moving the object to the correct positon afterwards, to avoid mirroring.
  4. Jim Smith

VW2019 - SP3.1? Are there release notes?

Thanks@Kevin McAllister & @JuanP I was going to ask the same thing!
  5. JuanP

VW2019 - SP3.1? Are there release notes?

Even though in the past we have been supporting Project Sharing with different cloud-based solutions, we were lacking support for Dropbox Business and Box Drive that now is included in Vectorworks 2019SP3.1. We are working on a Kbase article to explain this process in detail that will be posted as soon as possible.
  6. line-weight

Until Next Time

Sad to see this - feels like when a well liked work colleague leaves the company! Jim W, as per all the previous comments, you've been the real face of Vectorworks - not the marketing spin one, but the one that gives some hope that anyone's listening to us, and while I don't know if anyone can quite fill your shoes, you've set some exemplary foundations for engagement, including but not limited to these forums, that I'm sure will continue to have an impact well into the future. Thanks for your openness, understanding and patience over the years, and you've no doubt earned yourself some time to focus on other things. Hopefully this will not entirely be the end of your involvement here. Some jokes above about people moving to other software as a result of Jim W's departure... hey, VW management, if you're reading this, there might just be a grain of truth in there, so I hope you appreciate what he's done here, and are going to make sure his good work doesn't get undone.
  7. Today
  8. Marissa Farrell

two or more Valve nodes, which one takes presidence ??

I'm looking into this for you, though I'm at the same crossroads you found yourself at 🙂 I'll let you know if I get anywhere with it, it may just be that the symbol isn't enjoying being mirrored, though I'm unsure at this time. (My test axis drawing is working fine, the mirroring is the only thing failing - I'm hesitant to blame it on the Valves.)
  9. Rob Books

Instruments not attaching to/Following Hanging Position?

at the bottom of the forum, in the community column, there is bug submit. try to be exact as possible, and if you can attach your file that is having the issue, then the folks cna take a look and hopefully find the issue.
  10. miguelZinfandel

Yeah... That solution Doesn't work on my side. :/
  11. zeroInf

For me its a bug. My temporary solution : After moving any H.Position > Spotlight > Refresh Instruments. Just try
  12. jcogdell

Inlination oef a truss system for calculation

The way to do this is to select your truss (all connected sections that you wish to do this with) and toggle the draw 3D only option on in the Object Info Pane next group select the trusses and lights, change to the appropriate 3D view (front for example) select the rotate tool from the basic tool palette and use it to rotate the selected trusses and lights to the angle you want. Changing the angle of the trusses and attached lights will break the connections for rigging hoists/deadhangs/bridles so you will then need to re-attach them before you can run any Braceworks calculations.
  13. miguelZinfandel

Thanks. Unfortunately, In my case, refreshing the instruments will not move them to the correct location in the hanging positions. Quite an annoyance. I have the rig synchronised with Lightwright. Erasing and re-inserting is a real pain... Is there an appropriate channel to report a Spotlight bug? Many Thanks
  14. sak1850

Until Next Time

Jim You were the face of vectorworks for me and I always looked forward to your sense and clearthinking when addressing a problem, hope all goes well for you in whatever role you fill in the future.
  15. Christiaan

WALL Component Import/Export

This would be great. Also here: https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/49061-wall-component-library/
  16. Asemblance

Until Next Time

Sorry to see you go Jim, you will be missed! Thanks for the help over the years.
  17. Hi Tom Here's what I'm working with right now. As you can see in the picture, this is the closest I could get to covering the stage floor. Focusing the actual lights I angle the barrel to the middle of the hardest cut and adjust the other shutters around that. Warp 800 system might be somewhat overwhelming for users that aren't familiar with the Warp 800, as it gives too many options. Another solution would be allowing each shutter to angle 180degrees from original position. While it is unrealistic, it would allow for almost any cut with a simpler interface. In any case, I'd appreciate if the default angle of these shutters was at middle of rotation range, rather than 0 as is now. Same as with focusing a real leco, it would make my job much easier. Also, the sliders in the software console could be a bit larger to allow for touchscreen operation... P.S. When sending a file to Vision I noticed that some lecos start with shutters in to middle position or a closed iris. I'm adding a file that I saved before focusing. Note that some shutters are half way in and some irises are closed (channels 3-5 for example).I didn't do that... Cheers Jake LeelaVIS2.zip
  18. Acip79

Space Label

Oops... just found out it relates to room finishes tab. sorry...😂
  19. Albybz

False/inverted colours rendered from RW background

Hallo Stephan. Ja es ist mir auch passiert, genau mit deiner Vorlage . Ich habe es so gelöst: Hintergrund neu erstellten und wider aufladen. Dann war diese Effekt nicht mehr sichtbar. Grüße Alberto
  20. Acip79

Space Label

Hi All, I have problem using space labels. Just need to find out if i am using it the correct way. Refer the attached image. Let say i have 2 spaces and it should reflect different rooms with different finishes for wall, floor & ceiling. The problem is i started with a space the one on the left (input data is paint, paint, paint, paint & plaster), then i made the second space which is the right image (input data is stone, stone, stone, stone & stone). My problem is anything i do to the 1st space label, all the data will automatically changed to follow the 2nd space. This space label is from VWX default library. Thanks, This are the default setting for the space label.
  21. Magnus Mikaelsen

Label Ledgend? Lighing instruments?

Thank you for trying to help me. The problem is really that I have one document where it is working and one where it is not working. Like on the picture. It is the same instrument, but in 1 document it appears with "informationbubbles" and in another one not. I cannot figure out how to see the "informationbubbles" in the document that seems to have an issue. -Magnus
  22. Tamsin Slatter

Rendering Metal Mesh Curtains

Yes, if you edit the Reflectivity shader in any texture, you have many metallic options.
  23. Stephan Moenninghoff

False/inverted colours rendered from RW background

Has anyone come across this? This is PC only. Re-rendering on Mac will create the background just fine. Image compression is set to PNG already so it can't be that. Nothing we do reverts this. I am seeing this on several clients' machines. I'm also logging this as a bug but if anything transpires here, I want to be able to use it as reference. Thanks for comments! test Visualisierung2.vwx
  24. Hi all, Currently, object names do not propagate from the working files to the project file. This renders the LOC function unoperational. Bug submitted earlier. How do I make a worksheet that only lists objects within a certain space object? I can list the space number of each object with "getspacenumforobj", but I need to make a worksheet that only lists stuff in one room. Thanks
  25. Pat Stanford

Splitting My drawing worksheet list into 2 parts

Or here is another way. This will effectively give you a new worksheet function. Copy the script below and paste into a new blank Vectorscript in your drawing. Procedure StrCopy; {©2019 Patrick Stanford, pat@coviana.com} {Licenced under the LGPL license} {No warranty expressed or implied} {Named StrCopy as it has the same parameters as the VS Copy command} {Copies a portion of a string given the start position and lenght to copy} {Extra length is ignored if past the end of the source string} Var CellRef :string; StartRef, LengthRef:Integer; Begin CellRef:=WSScript_GetPrmStr(0); StartRef:=WSScript_GetPrmInt(1); LengthRef:=WSScript_GetPrmInt(2); WSScript_SetResStr(Copy(CellRef,StartRef,LengthRef)); End; Run(StrCopy); You can now enter a worksheet formula of =RunScript('StrCopy',A4,3,99) in cell C4 of your worksheet. This will copy just the numeric portion of the sheet name into column C as a string. Or use a formula of =Value(RunScript('StrCopy',A4,3,99) which will give you the numeric portion as an integer which you can then use to sort your table. Rather than make two worksheets, put the worksheet on a "dummy" layer and use viewports to put the two portions of the worksheet where you need them. If you decide you like this, I can tell you how to put the script into your user or workgroup folder and modify the formula so you don't have to keep the script in every file.
  26. Robert Janiak

Export Lighting Devices to DWG

@EAlexander This is annoying.First look for VW is great but if you need something more you get a lot of bugs and problems with basic things. Sometimes i thing that VW waste my time and not help me in my works :( Every day I finds something that does not work as it should.
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.