All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Boh

Template page creation

Hi Christian. Slightly tricky question. Does the layout have any viewports? You can’t make viewports into symbols. But also if you make it as a template you can’t easily import that sheet layer into another file. The import function will not bring in sheet layer content - just the sheet layer itself. I think the intention with drawing templates is to have not only content but drawing organisation all set up complete with class, design, layers, sheet layers viewports, tool settings etc etc if you just need the content then probably easier to make it a symbol sans any viewports. You would then have to create the viewports each time. another option might be to make the front page a custom title block. This is how we do it. That way you can update all the project info along with the other title blocks in the file.
  3. loretta.at.large

Callouts with Multiple Leader Lines - Line Thickness Issue

The problem also seems to disappear if I create a completely brand new callout with multiple leaders lines (even in a converted 2018 --> 2019 file). But the original callout created from a previous version still has the line weight problem even if I delete a leader line and then recreate it 🤷‍♀️. Kind of funny how that is.
  4. loretta.at.large

Hi @ASagatovVW, The file was originally created with version 2018 and then was converted to 2019. I guess that's the problem..... I opened a brand new 2019 file w/ new callouts and the issue didn't appear.
  5. Today
  6. ASagatovVW

@loretta.at.large Hello, I just tested this and had one of our techs test it, and it doesn't seem to be occurring on either of our machines. Do you know if this is occurring with callouts you generated in 2019 or is it possibly coming from an older version (if so, do you possibly know which version)? Are you able tor replicate this with new callouts in new files on your end?
  7. michaelk

Parametric theater flat?

Fair enough!
  8. C. Andrew Dunning

Parametric theater flat?

1) I my own tools and have never had need for a "flat" tool. 2) 3 words: "Return On Investment." ;-)
  9. ASagatovVW

Imported DWG files very slow in vw

I’m not sure if it is one of the glitches you mention, but in the provided screenshot, it looks like a bunch of stuff is crammed up in the top/left of the import. Any chance you could direct message me a copy of the DWG in question so I can dig into it?
  10. Luis M Ruiz

Using light in light fixtures

I'd recommend using Custom Lights (IES). These provide the best realism to a scene. do you have a picture of what you are trying to recreate?
  11. michaelk

Parametric theater flat?

Last night in my user group an autocad switcher asked about it. He was incredulous that there wasn't a tool for that. I figured you MUST have one. How can you make a parametric lift and not have a flat laying around? 🙂
  12. C. Andrew Dunning

Parametric theater flat?

LOL!
  13. ASagatovVW

Older versions of VW on older OSX

@Jim Smith Vectorworks 2008 was last officially supported on 10.6. Vectorworks 12 was last officially supported on 10.5; however, we had reports of it running on 10.6 without significant issues.
  14. loretta.at.large

Hi @RGyori I currently have mine set to "Good Performance and Compatibility." So far, changing this setting hasn't seemed to help. You can see my specs below. We use VWX Landmark in our office.
  15. _James

"Layers from selection not found" Error

Great - that sorted it out! All sheet layers have kept their names now. Sadly this still persists - not the end of the world but it's quite annoying.
  16. Jim W

new macbook pro Hardware advice

So it worked REALLY well on a MBP if the GPU the MBP had included was already weak like the Intel options the 13" models had. But I saw very little change in actual performace when i added an external GPU to a MBP that had a decent GPU already inside it. The detriment you get to performance over thunderbolt 3 is minimal compared to older cords, but it still existed. Also, High sierra eGPU support is really rough, a LOT of manual poking can get you there if youre persistant, but it was a headache. Mojave compatibility was basically plug and play, but came with the limit to AMD cards only, and even then a small selection of them. That said, the new 15" MBPs have solid graphics choices for a laptop honestly, bringing in the 8core CPUs finally is a nice change as well. My work now has me on windows-only, but I still plan to keep an eye on the Silver Side.
  17. Nikolay Zhelyazkov

- merge is recommended - This should not be the case. If I manage to reproduce this I will be able to see what is causing this, but without being able to reproduce it, I am not sure what could be causing it.
  18. Jim W

Older versions of VW on older OSX

The public chart, but it doesnt go back far enough: This will give you a list of the macs and OS versions that work together: https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility Tech support has an official chart with the results that they tested directly, they can give you specifics about the older versions. I'm fairly certain 12.5.3 was compatible with the last PowerPC CPus but I cannot recall. (Old habits die hard, lol)
  19. _James

Service Pack 3 also - strange! I am going to try and replicate it again. When prompted with a resource name confilct "Title block sheet data" do you replace the format or merge formats? This works (thank you!) but when I close the file and VW and reopen, I have to do the same thing again. Will I have to do this every time I open the file or is something still wrong?
  20. michaelk

Parametric theater flat?

Has anyone created a parametric theater flat object? Seems like something @C. Andrew Dunning might have done while waiting for a plane to board.
  21. Andrew Mac

lighting for interior rooms

Thought this might be the best place to go for lighting ideas- I am creating lighting fixtures for an interior room- It is a chandelier with 8 downlights- What is the best way to represent this? Do I use spot, point light or directional light and typically what level would I use?
  22. Nikolay Zhelyazkov

I am not able to reproduce this in VW2019 Service Pack 3. Which service pack of VW2019 are you using?
  23. Nikolay Zhelyazkov

@_James, Maybe you do not have the desired layers selected? Try this: 1) Open Title Block Manager 2) Open Select Sheets to Use and select the files and layers you wish to work with from the TBManager 3) Close the Manager with OK to save the selection change 4) Open the Manager again and you should not see this dialog unless you have renamed/deleted any of the layers/files from the selection
  24. _James

Version 2016 file attached - although it's not really the problem i'm trying to solve. 086.300_2016.vwx But my workflow for this happening was: - Open 2016 file in 2019 and convert - Convert 'old' title block to new one - Open title block manager and batch change title block by selecting all sheets to use and selecting different style at the top of the window to our newly made title block (completely made from scratch in 2019)
  25. _James

Hi @Nikolay Zhelyazkov, I know, but i'm getting the same error message where the layers are not found, see below: Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated!
  26. Cory Pattak

NEW- Vision online training seminar

I agree. I actually had no idea this was happening, didn't get any kind of email or anything. Since it seems to just have been announced Tuesday, I assume most people will want/need to watch on demand. Hopefully that can be possible. But 2.5 hours on Vision sounds like a great chunk of time to go through things. Excited to watch. Cory
  27. Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hello @_James, - This was specifically for Svinder. I do not see this in the file you have attached. As for the losing of Sheet Titles, could you attach the initial v2016 file that you started with so that I could try to reproduce the losing of Sheet Titles and see what has caused it? I see nothing wrong in your Title Block and that is why I am not sure what could have caused the losing of Sheet Titles. Best Regards, Nikolay Zhelyazkov
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.