All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ASagatovVW

line type workflow

@grant_PD Can you possibly give a little bit more detail to the exact results you are trying to get and where this causing an issue for you? In my experience, if I want certain objects to automatically appear with specific fills and line types, class attributes would be my go to workflow, but it sounds like you are already incorporating this in your workflow. Two other items I will typically work with: 1) Applying default attributes in the Attributes Palette before drawing my new objects. I normally try to group drawing similar objects around the same time if possible. 2) With line types specifically, I find myself adjusting them after placement by dragging and dropping from the resource manager on a more regular basis compared to adjusting them through the attributes palette... but I do definitely use a mix. To answer your first question: Why do line types just control the line and not the fill? - I would say that dividing them apart provides more control. You can basically combine them using class attributes (and maybe data visualization in 2020? I would need to mess with that workflow...).
  3. Robert Anderson

Scale Bar

No reason why not. Just create a viewport, give it some nominal layer and class visibility settings, and put your standard notations (drawing label, title block) in the Notations group. You can copy and paste it like any other Vectorworks object.
  4. antonf26

Scale Bar

Is there a way then to have a set viewport ready? Like a template one or a style? The same way you would have a title block style where you can still edit it?
  5. Robert Anderson

Scale Bar

Yes. It kind of makes sense, since you can mix-and-match viewports (drawings) of different scales on a sheet. I usually put mine just below the drawing label.
  6. jblock

Vectorworks 2008

@JonP Yes, please contact us directly with uor serial number so we can get you up and running. You can reach us at tech@vectorworks.net
  7. antonf26

Scale Bar

Would I have to put a scale on every viewport that I produce?
  8. RonanR

sketchup v vw for 3d modelling

Hi all, I'm reading this thread with interest. Having taken the plunge with VW after many years of exclusive SU use (since v4!), I am now using both side by side, and gradually coming to terms with the (awesome) vastness of VW... For event production, VW clearly is the way forward for us. I do have one question though: currently I get my 3D models made by an architectural technician who exclusively uses SU. I get clean, low poly models back of the event spaces I need, and I then add all the event-specific elements (seating, furniture, lighting, audio-visual element, draping, set element etc.) to prepare all our technical diagrams and client presentations. What, in your view, are the best settings for importing SU models into VW? By best I mean the settings that will allow me maximum flexibility further down the line in VW in terms of - modifying geometry - changing textures - re-texturing Is there anything that should be done in SU prior to export? Many thanks in advance for any pointers.
  9. Robert Anderson

Scale Bar

The title block exists on the sheet, which has a 1:1 scale. (The viewports on the sheet each have their own scale property.) If you don't want to put the scale bar in the Design Layer, you can put it in the notation of the viewport, where it will display correct scale.
  10. antonf26

Scale Bar

Is it possible for the scale bar to change automatically without having to put the scale bar in every single time? For example, having it set as a title block style.
  11. JuanP

Vision 2020 download

@Robert Janiak absolutely, here you go: Vision: Win: http://release.vectorworks.net/latest/Vision/2020-NNA-eng-win Mac http://release.vectorworks.net/latest/Vision/2020-NNA-eng-mac
  12. Cilusse

Truss connects at wrong angle

Hi Thanks for your answer. I'd like to share the file with you but it keeps failing when processing it after upload. Here's the link to another drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m6uEKiuZZiW34URrP0YOwzMqF2mBsgOf/view?usp=sharing Thank you
  13. Tony Kostreski

Site model texture pixelated

Hi @drelARCH, This tends to happen when you create a site model far away from the Internal Origin (not to be confused with the User Origin which dictates the x and y coordinates). Go to Tools>Origin>Locate Internal Origin to see if you are far. To fix the blurred/pixelated textures, you would need to work closer to the Internal Origin. To adjust a textures scale, mapping, or rotation on a surface you can use Attribute Mapping found in the Basic Tool palette. To understand origins a little better fast forward to 15:37 in this webinar recently posted Enhance Site File Collaboration with Georeferencing. Hope this helps! Tony
  14. Robert Anderson

Scale Bar

Hi antonf26, Do you mean you want the text size of the scale bar to change? The scale bar itself, of course, is necessarily drawn at world scale. The actual disstances and markings on the bar ought not to change!
  15. ASagatovVW

Model disalignment

@andreas Ø It doesn't look like the attachment was attached successfully. Can you possibly repost the attachment? If it won't attach, can you send it to me directly?
  16. antonf26

Scale Bar

For the scale the text automatically changes to the scale Im using in the design layer using the link value, sheet data.scale. Is there a way for the scale bar to automatically change with the scale from the design layer? (like the scale text link)
  17. ASagatovVW

Framing Members are Placed in Class of Previous Symbol

@willofmaine I am able to replicate this as well and it has been submitted for review (Reference Number: VB-165310). For what its worth: I am getting the same results in 2019, so it doesn't appear to be 2020 specific. I also get these results with the Batt Insulation Tool.
  18. JuanP

2020 crashing using Mojave on MacBook Pro

@Stan Beanland could you please contact our UKtech@vectorworworks.net they might be able to assist you with this issue.
  19. Robert Janiak

Vision 2020 download

@JuanP @JuanP hi, can i get link for Vision? I have VSS but I have no link to Vision in Poland.
  20. JuanP

2020 Another Year Of Broken Release

@sbarnett I have submitted this issue and I'm asking the team to check on this asap. However, is this happening in any other file or just this? Any chance you can DM the file for our testing? thanks,
  21. JustinVH

Truss connects at wrong angle

What version of Vectorworks are you using? It does not look like 2020 as I still see vertical truss symbols. If possible, are you able to attach the file so that I may take a look. Triangle truss are the most difficult to get to setup and I would like to have a look so see if the symbol is setup correctly.
  22. Today
  23. JuanP

Student License Extension Request

@EIUTheatreProf your extension has been approved. You must be good now. have a great week!!!
  24. @shodkin Take a look at "Additional default records" https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/index.htm#t=VW2020_Guide%2FSetup%2FSpotlight_preferences_Lighting_devices_Parameters_pane.htm If you create a record with filed names matching a parameter of the lighting device (i.e. User Filed 1) and attach the record to the symbol, the lighting will copy these values into the lighting device when inserted.
  25. C. Andrew Dunning

Power distro symbols

Lec...no "war," perceived, at-all. Just adding to the conversation...
  26. Lec

Power distro symbols

Interesting indeed to see the direction this thread has headed - many thanks for all the posts and to be clear, all I was asking for in the first place was a usable Power Distro symbol - I'm really not trying to start a war on 3rd party plugins, I have them, I use them, but I still don't have a symbol for a PD - that's all.
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.