All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. jeff prince

Thanks for making computer work fun again!

Applying this technique to a residential remodel project. Aerial Survey -> existing 3D context -> new design. It's quick, it's dirty, but it works. First time I haven't created an as-built manually. Now if only VW cloud services could produce the model from the aerial photography instead of having to use a 3rd party... Here are a couple of animated GIFs showing the progress from: 3D aerial based mesh to 2D ortho photo to modeling existing conditions to a quick redesign of the pool deck, etc.It's amazing how fast this workflow is. Like I said, it's dirty, but it works. I took some context photos from the ground for visual measuring and correcting the predicted aerial errors on this complex site.
  3. Today
  4. Hi Jean, Apologies - this licence has been sold.
  5. David O

Defining Height of a Wall Style

Hi Julian This function (SetWallOverallHeights) will operate only directly with Walls. But not with WallStyles ... What i need is to create a WallStyle and it has adjustments in thickness as well as in its height... Could adjust the thickness using SetObjectVariableReal(hwallStyle,1177,thick) But simply could not find a function (or a selector...) to define this parameter... Thanks
  6. Benson Shaw

OpenGL Graininess surrounding objects

In the label symbol one can control classes and attributes (Eg by class or not by class, colors, etc) of the various text blocks. I'm not sure the fuzzyness is related to this, but something to look at. Also could be a vwx reset of attributes or alpha, or other triggered by version update between May and now? Anyway I’m stumped. Others on forum, please take a look! -B
  7. frozenwaffles

Windows 10 1903 Upgrade???

Hi, not 100% sure if this is the right forum for this, so Mods please move if needed...but.... Has anyone had trouble with Vectorworks 2019 (SP4) not successfully opening after an update to Windows 10 1903? We have had 3 machines in the office all upgrade fine and Vectorworks continues to work just fine. One person's laptop upgraded and Vectorworks now will close as soon as its finished loading and opening all the palettes. Any ideas?
  8. Boh

Tools Menu/Class and Layer Mapping...

Can this command be used to quickly convert the classes in an older vectorworks file to the class and layer structure in our new template file? I can't seem to load the proposed classes I want from the new template file. I could go "new" and type each class again but that would take too long. Am I missing something? The vw help isn't very clear to me... Thanks in advance!
  9. Yesterday
  10. JeremyLondonRMLA

Point size control for Point Clouds

Hi Andrew. No unfortunately not, I'm running Vectorworks 2019 SP3 and there still seems to be no control over the point display size. As a workaround, the CloudCompare software I mentioned in the above post allows you to select points and add their coordinates to a custom spreadsheet, which can then be exported as a .txt file and imported into Vectorworks using the Landmark > Survey Input > Import Survey File command. I hope this is helpful.
  11. Julian Carr

Dialog with n-number of items

It's conceivable but would be messy, and could also be problematic if there were so many hatches that the dialogue was too large to fit on the screen. Normally you would would use a list browser for something like this, which would see scroll bars appear if the list was longer than the size of the list browser.
  12. The marionette object is visible in renders except for hidden line render in front view and with other objects in de drawing. What's wrong ? front marionnette 9.vwx
  13. Problem solved thanks to Antonio Landsberger's tip : I changed the symbols to 3D symbols and now it's working.
  14. Sebastiaan

Just opened a file from a project in may and updated the viewport without changing any settings see screenshot below: Ans then below screenshot from the PDF that I made then from the exact same sheet layer with exactly the same setting. Find the differences....
  15. Ethan R.

ESC key not functioning correctly

I remember that ESC should also cancel a Render in progress? I can't stop a render with ESC ESC or Contro-. frustrating
  16. Sebastiaan

The thing is that the projects I did in May and June did not show this distortion. I usually print my plots at around 1:100. So something changed since then, I just can’t figure out what. Have had numerous reboots and program restarts also it happens in every new file that I start now. The fact that the label fill of the OpenGL label renders fine on your machine makes me think there must be some setting somewhere that triggers the behavior. However strange it is that it is only visible on a sheet layer. I never had to increase the setting to get acceptable result. Something changed somewhere.
  17. Benson Shaw

@Sebastiaan Took a look at your test file. I think this is mainly the small scale of the vps causing OGL pixelation. I made a duplicate of the the vp stacks and increased the vp scale to from 1:50 to 1:10. The jaggy scaffolding brace rendered much better, as did the fuzzy outlines of the lighting device graphics. In your test file's native condition, the labels (D1-1, D1-2) show same background fill in both stacks on my system. Unlike the screenshot in your post. Maybe a reboot would make the labels show or perhaps the VP class viz are different in the test file? Also, the viewport OGL Background Render resolution can be raised to Very High, if desired. Not much improvement at 1:50 or at 1:10. I also tried some of the Renderworks render styles. I think the OGL looks best, but that's up to you. -B
  18. willofmaine

First Hour with 2019 SP3: Productivity: 0%

@Hernan & @JuanP - okay, good to know it's being addressed. Thanks.
  19. Sebastiaan

Thanks for your reply, alpha channel is turned on. Attached is a new file with the issue replicated. Also a screenshot of the issue. This is by the way only happening on sheet layers. Hope you can see whats's wrong Test OpenGL.vwx
  20. Tamsin Slatter

Plant Labels

Ah, excellent. Thanks for posting.
  21. avyclaire

Plant Labels

I just heard back from Vectorworks who told me that it is a known problem that they are working on solving. In the meantime, they gave a fix that worked for me. I custom selected all the plants in the document. In the palette info click on the drop down menu for bubble style on the plant tag, choose none. Or, choose a style and then re-choose none.
  22. Stephan Moenninghoff

Repeat / Loop a wrapped script

I suppose some more swapping of columns is necessary to make the offset more uneven 😁
  23. Tamsin Slatter

Plant Labels

Hi all I've reported this as a bug and it is in hand. I was able to reproduce it at the time I filed it, but can no longer make it happen. It seems that not all templates exhibit the problem, so it might be worth trying different templates. I'm sorry I can't give more precise instructions, but did want to reassure you that our engineers are on the case.
  24. Stephan Moenninghoff

Repeat / Loop a wrapped script

After some major refactoring (actually, a rewrite), the network has become more elegant and much smaller. Modifying the points before they are fed into the polygon proves much faster and more manageable. Now, it's also easier to add more options (movement of vertices along the x axis?). And since the "Set 2D vertex" node is now redundant, the whole Marionette works as an object. Array-IT2.vwx
  25. DeSignature

Dialog with n-number of items

Hi, I'm trying to display a legend, but I would like to be able to select the specific hatches to be displayed. Since I don't know how many hatches are used in a drawing, would it be possible to build a dialog according to the - schematic - code below? HatchId := BuildResourceList (66, 14, 'Hulpbronnen - Lijnarceringen', HatchNum); FOR n := 1 TO HatchNum DO CreateCheckBox (DialogId, Item(n), Index2Name(Item(n))); SetFirstLayoutItem (DialogId, Item(n)); SetBelowItem (DialogId, Item(n), Item(n) + 1, 0, 0);
  26. Julian Carr

Defining Height of a Wall Style

see http://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/VS:SetWallOverallHeights FUNCTION SetWallOverallHeights( theWall :HANDLE; botBoundType :INTEGER; botBoundStory :INTEGER; botLayerLevelType :STRING; botOffset :REAL; topBoundType :INTEGER; topBoundStory :INTEGER; topLayerLevelType :STRING; topOffset :REAL) : BOOLEAN; Julian
  27. Thanks! I'll try checking origin - I updated my profile - I'm on 2019 SP4.
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.