All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Ok I need to unpack that statement - not sure what a data tag is...Looking into how to change by instance vs by style. Thanks
  3. You should abandon using the built in plant tags and switch to data tags. Built in tags seem to be going away in favor of data tags. Vectorworks changed how plants behave as they refined the Style based approach. If you want to change the attributes of individual plants, you need to change those attributes to “byinstance” instead of “bystyle”. If you want to control some attributes and keep them the same throughout a document for every instance of a particular plant, keep them “by style” and make any changes via the style editor.
  4. Thanks Pat, so how does one go about hiding or unhiding the database header row?
  5. I found it! Vertical Position in the OIP. Fixed the spelling too!
  6. Today
  7. Here's a conversation similar to this.
  8. A lot of the settings of the default content are set to By Style (to make them easier to manage via the style). If they're set to By Style, you will only be able to edit them through editing the style and all instances will take on the changes. If you want the ability to set them per instance, you will need to edit the style and set the parameters to By Instance.
  9. Plant labeling in Landmark is not allowing me to adjust the label's leader line manually. It is placed in a rigid and unchangeable location and needs to be moved to the edge of the drawing. Any suggestions? Also, IF I want to update or change a plant configuration in Object Info palette, there are several fields not active. I can edit the plant info by right clicking on the plant and select edit, and style to edit under the 'edit plant style window' only. I do not remember this from earlier versions of the program.
  10. After a few suggestions from tech support the suggestion of doing a REPAIR INSTALL was the best thing I have down. It found & repaired 173 files & now my VW is working better than before! Thanks tech support!
  11. It appears your work is more of a unique situation, a one time construction for each project. When I do something like this, I use "Duplicate Along Path". It is one of the best tools in VW's.
  12. Is this in a sheet layer or design layer? If you started in a sheet layer... Delete all summary keys. Insert a summary key in a design layer. If the text looks like line, adjust the text via the three text formatting buttons. Once placed in the design layer and the text is visible, placing new summary keys in sheet layers should work. Please let me know how this goes. If this doesn't work, please share with me a file. Thanks, Scott
  13. Hi All, My issue is that every time I adjust a window within a wall it moves the Z offset 1000mm. Each additional adjustment raises it another 1000mm!!! If I copy/duplicate a window or door it sometimes moves it 100m up!!! Any ideas? Many thanks VW2024 SP4
  14. I am having a problem with publishing to PDF and having objects appear dull in the PDF. This seems to only happen when an object has had something clipped from it. It also only appears to happen with Adobe Acrobat. I am on Windows 11 and using Vectorworks 2024 update 4.1.
  15. It's something to do with the units. I use millimetres in my files so didn't notice anything untoward. In your file if you change the doc unit to mm it returns the correct value. If you stick with metres but change the decimal precision from .001 to .000001 you will at least see 0.002685 instead of 0.003. Is IFC data in mm by default...? I know nothing about IFC. Did a quick search + saw this (see Q1):
  16. You can apply filters, I will let Scott explain those. "Oh well. Vendor is not a parameter in Lighting Device-Parameters." If you want to you could easily add this parameter to the Lighting Devices if you so wished? "trying to edit a key I dropped on the plot." - Was this a key created with an earlier version of the software? Best to create a new one and save as symbol.
  17. This is s known issue and the dev team is working to fix it. At the moment the only workaround I have figured out is to drastically increase the size of the text (300 or 400pt+).
  18. When creating my original file saved it directly to a google dive folder. Now i tried the same file but saved to document to my desktop first en the quality is fine.
  19. @aage.langedrag I will pass along your comments about finding parameters and expectations for info in the OIP. You make good points. As for the rounding/reporting of the value, I’ll check further and see if I can find an explanation or a workaround. As you imply, I may have to buglist this too.
  20. I wholeheartedly agree with this. We sorely need much more control over the edge offsets for Roofs + Roof Faces much the same way we do with Slabs. I posted this a while back: But I'm not sure if there's an enhancement request out there specific to roof offsets that can be voted for...? Also not sure what this (in development on Roadmap) encompasses:
  21. Hi @Scott Campbell, Thanks for the reply where you show the Fence specific parameter. I keep forgetting that I have to look for these under "Expert formula". When I, who believe that I am quite interested in finding solutions, am "unable" to find this, I think that it should have been easier to find these parameters. Why isn't this simple in the "Simple formula" on relevant object types?????? The most relevant properties for all object types should be the properties that are always found. I also cannot see the length of the railing or Fence when I mark the object and look in OIP. Isn't this standard info? I greatly appreciate Vectorworks' great possibilities, but I am equally amazed at how much time I spend looking for very simple features and functions that I believe should have been visible to me without me having to test and search and search for help. When it comes to rounding off the length of the Fence in the example model, this must be an error in the program. I haven't done anything special. I only selected the standard object type from the library so I wonder if the program doesn't understand that the file is set with Units in meters?
  22. @Timmy Here’s a link to the ‘No Stories, No Problems’ thread that @E|FA mentioned: Post back if you have further specific questions about how to properly use Walls in Vw.
  23. A variation on @E|FA's suggestion is to try is the legacy Simple Stair Tool (you'll need to find it in the Workspace Editor). With this you can very quickly + easily draw basic stairs then use the Split Tool to taper/splay them, the Deform Tool to bend them, the Push/Pull Tool to create landings, etc. Performing any of these actions will turn them into 3D solids so you will need to convert them in Auto Hybrids or Hybrid Symbols afterwards to regain a Top/Plan representation.
  24. Thanks everyone for jumping in with suggestions, I like the symbol option Never thought of converting it back from a symbol to a group, thats smart Will give this workflow a go and see if it speeds things up a bit
  25. If you have specific problems, ask and/or post a file. Someone on the forum will most likely help you out. VW knows how to draw walls. Two kinds, in fact (see @Pat Stanford's post above). There's a definite learning curve and even after years working in the program I haven't mastered everything. However, I can get my work done efficiently. The first thing you need to do is decide whether you are using a workflow that uses Stories or not. It might help building a small sample project in each format and see how it works for you. I found stories too complicated when you have split levels and floor offsets, which are common in my work. If I was working on mid-rise or highrise structures with repeating floor-plates, I would almost certainly use them. IThere's a great post on the forum titled something like "No Stories, No Problems" that's a great starting point for that workflow.
  26. Hi all Im not being able to show any text in the new 2024 Equipment Summary Key Tool. Heres what it looks like: It makes no difference whether I choose "equipment symbols" or "plug-in objects". Also, I have selected Arial for Title, Header & Body text. All classes are visible. Would love to know if there is a work-around for this. Cheers Symo
  1. Load more activity