All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Mike Wright

Bridle tool problem

Hopefully a fix soon. There is a similar manifestation of this problem I think in the below. I am trying to draw a 2 point bridle from two structural members to be in line with the truss. The bridle always draws at a slight angle: Maybe this is something I am doing wrong?
  3. Today
  4. jcogdell

Bridle tool problem

This issue has been passed onto the Braceworks team and is being worked on.
  5. RussU

Extrude VW2019 vs. VW 2020

I've just gone ahead and done a fresh download of SP1 Build 512839 from my service select- and yes, this line/extrude issue is in there for sure. So it looks like there's a regression from previous versions that worked ok. Let's hope we see the next SP very very soon.
  6. zoeageorg

Timber Cladding

What is the best way to achieve a timber cladding finish? it seems you cant get a prominent plank bump and a wood texture at the same time i might have to manually cladding the building in 3D rectangles!
  7. Marco Zavagno

hope they will get released soon! We use that kind of extrude a lot!
  8. RussU

I've just checked it across a few different builds of VW, and it is a problem on some of the older versions.... Greyed out Fill, only an outline. So keep an eye out for latest SP, or download the next one as soon as you can.
  9. Hello, I have a problem that has bothered me for several years now and I wanted to know if you had a solution for me. I use two screens with a Nvidia Quadro card. One for drawing, the other for tool palettes, resource managers and layers explorer. At each standby of the screens, the palettes of the secondary screen are found on the main screen and I have to put them back on the second screen. In the long run it's really boring and it takes time every time. If you have the solution, I'm interested. Looking forward to your return. Cordially. Edgar RAMEL
  10. A McDonell

Landmark and site modeling

@Tamsin Slatter Hey, Coupla questions... Is it normal that i need to "force select" anything related to my site model? eg roads, site modifiers (all types) etc..? Is there a simple way to cut pad into a slope with vertical cut faces without disturbing the surrounding gradients? as is commonly required for footings and basements. So far I have experimented with two very clunky work around's. use a two pads, one above and one below the cut face (slightly offset). use a pad with minimally offset grade limiter Why not have an option to use a wall or slab to control a site model? this would be intuitive to use, reflecting real world construction and smooth out workflow when making edits? Appreciate your thoughts Cheers, Andy
  11. Marco Zavagno

We are using VWx Architect 2020... international
  12. halfcouple

@RussU : That looks incredible,- I'm doing exactly the same steps in VW2020 Spotlight and as soon as the line is extruded the fill button in the attributes palette gets deactivated. This only with extrudes from lines, - polygons and rectangles work as usual. So VW2020 Designer is not affected with this bug ????
  13. Mike Wright

Bridle tool problem

It is pretty common tor bridle off a beam or house points parallel to a truss if say you need to distribute your load or avoid HVAC/lower steel work. This would seem to be a pretty big over-site. And if the house points tool doesn't do parallel two leg bridles and you cannot attach a single hoist to it in a striaght drop then what on earth is it for?
  14. Marco Zavagno

Hi RussU, I guess it's a problem of installation at this point... are you using the 2020 version? thx M
  15. RussU

It's just a line.... JustALine.mp4
  16. iborisov

Notes Manager VW2020

@leecalisti Hello, If you tried to add only a Section it will disappear. You need to add at least one note to this section. Please record a short video with steps to reproduce. What VW version do you use?
  17. Frank Schnater

(section)viewports not rendering 2d items

Hello Matt (and others), attached a test with a 'clean' VW2020 file: same results: 2d elements don't display properly in section-viewports. I also include the VW2020 file; maybe I'm just doing something very obvious wrong. (I hope...) Frank test 2020.vwx
  18. Zeno

Spot spot spot spot...

For another time I found this problem. At this time in animation (there is some issue to fix) on a mirror surface. But unfortunately the bug is going to the same "process" (with the same person) where every bug is always moved forward in time. For years, from version to version. It's years I posted bugs and posts about this spot problem. Actually we have a good result from @James H. and I'm happy for him. But sorry.. it's an empty large room. It's easy to fix this. What about hundred of textures, hundred of object? What about if I need the windows glass with a glass reflection and not like a portal? What about a realistic light without ambient windows? I appreciate the workarounds, for little time. I'd like to know if this "spot spot" spot problem will be fixed or not. Maybe I'll start to learn Cinema 4D (but I prefer to stay into rendtrworks, because I like it). I'd like to now something more about the renderworks engine updating. 01_B_720_Render.mov
  19. Pat Stanford

Object not working like an object?

Just to expand on Michael's comments, Image Fills only work with 2D Objects (and probably a few edge cases). For putting images on 3D objects you do need to create Renderworks Textures.
  20. Zeno

Spot spot spot spot...

So the process you used is 1) set portal to windows 2) get out the light from lamps 3) set only glow textures from the lamp? That's all? Right? What happened if you set blurriness to off and disabled "ambient info" from Render Style? Can you post a result whit this 2 changes? Look at the render time too please.
  21. Amorphous - Julian

Problem with 'locked' Project Files and Dropbox?

Hi @Tolu I can't figure out what the issue is then. - Are you on a Mac (we are) - Do you begin with VWX and then 'share' while the VWX is inside the dropbox? Once we 'share' and get the above error message with 'unmarking'. We get a zero KB VWXP file (per post above)
  22. JBenghiat

macOS notarization and VW plug-in development

At the moment, the solution is to use csrutil to disable System Integrity Protection. I’m not sure if there is a longer term fix with adjusting entitlements.
  23. Tolu

I just tried PS and Dropbox on my end here, and everything works correctly. I do not see any problems.
  24. charlottecreature

@michaelk Thank you! I knew that I was missing something 🙂
  25. Amorphous - Julian

We are testing Project Sharing via Dropbox (using LAN sync) When we try to 'share' our VWX file into VWXP Project file, we get the following error. Is anyone else getting this?
  26. michaelk

image fills are for 2D geometry. You're looking for Renderworks textures. If you select a 3D object and click the Texture tab in the Object Info Palette you can apply textures. Check out Renderworks Textures in help or online videos.
  27. charlottecreature

Hi there, I'm relatively new to Vectorworks so this is probably me missing a step. I'm currently having an issue with image fill and an object. I'm able to apply an image fill but it doesn't appear on any of the objects sides. My suspicion is that somehow I haven't classified the object as an object? I mainly think this because when I double click my perfectly working wall I see all of the objects sides as editable. But when I double click on the flats (I'm doing a design for a horror mockumentory) I'm only able to edit the bottom shape that I originally extruded from. Do I need to somehow edit the properties or "Add Surface" I'm not sure how to fix this. I've added pictures of what I mean by the double click not showing the surfaces as editable.
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.