All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I've noticed that if I use a callout and then add multiple leader lines.... but then later decide to change the line thickness, only the original leader line thickness changes. The added ones still have the same thickness as when the additional leader line was created. Has anyone else had this issue or noticed it as a problem? Attached is an example. It's not a huge problem, but it's still annoying to have to delete the additional leader lines and then redraw them.
  3. apStudio149

Vectorworks 19 Font List

Thanks for doing that list @KGreenmun nice simple reference, was going to make my own but you saved me the time 🙂
  4. Is there any chance of this being available 'on demand'? Unfortunately, I'm working all day on the 23rd.
  5. Today
  6. gettinalllandscapey

Circles in Circle

Thanks Marissa, much appreciated!
  7. Mike Lamb

Pad Modifiers disappearing

Hi Phileas, any chance you could attach your file here, and post a short screen capture video of your workflow? You're on 2018, right?
  8. anarablehill

Assign an object values

Thanks for your reply! I created 2D symbols. With your help I was able to do the following: I made a record I can apply to symbols that can automatically assign it to new inserted symbols. Now I'd like to create one sheet to show more than one record. I'd also like to only show the total for the sheet and not each item. (2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc) Do I need to show zero values? I added them so there would be a column whether there is an ingredient value or not since more symbols will be added later.
  9. Boh

THIS SPELL CHECK DOESN'T WORK

I posted it on a similar thread on Tues 21 (maybe 20th for you).
  10. michaelk

Cutting in to a Solid Subtraction

Nope. The 2018 vwx won't open on the professional version either. The .dwf imports as nothing but lines in 3D space.
  11. eary157

Torch123.dwf
  12. eary157

Hope this work better Torch v2018.vwx
  13. lgoodkind

THIS SPELL CHECK DOESN'T WORK

Boh, Could you please send your worksheet? I'd like to know how to get callout content in a worksheet. Thanks
  14. ASagatovVW

Render Texture not showing when in symbol

@Ben Wingrove Any chance I could get a copy of the example file shown in the screenshots? I believe I have created a similar setup on my end, but I am not getting this result. For what its worth, at least in our default Render Style White Model, I don't see textures at all (even if its just on an extrude). I have a feeling that in order to replicate this, I will need a specific texture / render settings.
  15. Mark Aceto

new macbook pro Hardware advice

I think it's still sinking in for a lot of users that buying the base GPU, and then adding an eGPU is the 2019 version of modular upgradability. They've just moved the guts to the exterior (like it's on life support because it basically is at this point). It feels wrong to buy the cheapest (discreet) GPU in a disposable machine but... That was also the promise of TB3. Cloud storage is another workaround to overpriced SSD upgrades that aren't modular / can't be upgraded.
  16. JuanP

Twinmotion Plugin + Sync

@JRA-Vectorworks-CAD thanks I will reach out to you via PM.
  17. Mark Aceto

new macbook pro Hardware advice

Mojave is trash (in general not just VW). You can add an eGPU to the 13" for the best of both worlds (and have modular upgradability in the future). Plus, if you're running HS, you can use a NVIDIA GPU if you prefer.
  18. zeroInf

Bridle Diagram > Leg Numbering

Hi guys ! I have a simply question probably with a simply response : How can i get Number of Leg of bridle inside diagram ? Thank You
  19. Ben Wingrove

Im using VW2019!
  20. ASagatovVW

@Ben Wingrove To confirm, are you still using VW2016 in this case? I tested this going back to 2017 with my own geometry/textures and it seems to work; however, my current machine won't run 2016 and older. I believe the "Artistic White Model" mode was replaced in 2017 with "Render Style White Model". Any chance you could upload the example document you are showing the screenshots of so I can dig a bit further into this?
  21. jrad

Saved View Navigation

How do I make a Plugin Command?
  22. Cadplan Architecture

window sill and glazing bar glitches

I've tried using a wall style from Vectorworks Wes but the result is the same- the sill is floating in mid air. Would you post your sill settings please?
  23. Cadplan Architecture

Yes that all works fine also!
  24. Cadplan Architecture

That works great, thanks!
  25. until
    Description: As a landscape design professional, you know what it’s like to utilize software that isn’t engineered and designed to work for you. In this webinar, you’ll discover the practical value of industry-specific software that includes tools and features engineered for the landscape design professional. Join Robert Anderson, PLA, ASLA, principal of ROBERT ANDERSON | landscape architect, as he not only discusses best practices for collaborating between Vectorworks Landmark software and AutoCAD, but also illustrates time-saving tips and tricks you need to elevate your business. Attendees will walk away with immersive knowledge on how to employ layers and classes, import and reference files, and much more. Learning Objectives: Observe best practices for importing and referencing DWG files, with an emphasis on similarities to “Xref”s and the use of layers and classes for greater exchange flexibility. Understanding efficiencies found when using saved views for rotating plans, automating plant labels and managing file origins and updates to the referenced file. Explore polygons and polylines, and discuss best practices for using hatches, fills, and images to best represent your designs to clients. Analyze how to successfully integrate blocks, symbols, and hybrid objects into common design processes. Register
  26. administrator

Efficient Project Sharing Methods

until
    Description: Join ourwebinar with Diana Kesselschmidt, lighting designer and technical director, tolearn about the Project Sharing feature in Vectorworks Spotlight. See how you canset up project sharing files to improve your workflows and help keep your teammore organized. Learning Objectives: · Findout about the Project Sharing feature in Vectorworks Spotlight · Learnhow to determine when to best use the Project Sharing feature. · Seehow to set up and use a project sharing file. · Receivebest practices for working with others and troubleshooting. Register
  27. All the above is glorious. Thanks to all who contributed. Anyone exploring TwinMotion for Stage/Event-type cueing, changing lighting states, etc?
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.