All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello @DBruhnke, I am sorry to hear that the provided example did not help. I do not know of any other way to get better results. You could ungroup the result from the file I have sent you and delete the parts that you do not need, such as texts. Better results could be given with a clearer scheme with higher quality and maybe less details. Best Regards, Nikolay Zhelyazkov
  3. @Art V, There should be an option within the advanced options called download update (when holding Alt). You can then use the downloaded file to do the offline update. If for whatever reason, the download update option isn't listed, you can use the attached documents to use the Mac terminal or the Windows command prompt to download the update files. You can either download a general update or a targeted update to get the desired result. Offline update [Mac].zip Offline update [Windows].zip
  4. Greetings. I am having the following problem. With Vision 2020, Grandma does not appear to me as a DMX provider. But when I use vision 2019, it seems and works perfect. Both versions work with Arnet. I have the vision dongle, I have the plug in the grandma for vision. I have installed and uninstalled vision 2020 and the plug in and the problem continues. Any ideas? From already thank you very much.
  5. @Nikolay Zhelyazkov Upon further review... While the conversion is better with fewer anomalies, for the most part, this type of conversion for raster PDF files is not much use. None of the lines are really usable. Perhaps there is another solution in the works in lieu of the enhanced Trace Bitmap?
  6. You bet... Here's one: Building with Storeys.vwx Thank you!
  7. I am not sure that the offline updaters are to be publicly available. However they constitute a fallback level for support.
  8. It even allows for downloading the SP updater for offline updating. I've been wondering for a while where to get the offline updaters that you could download directly from the website in the past, at least now I know. Would it be possible to mention this in the VW help? If it is already mentioned somewhere it is not easy to find as even the search for offline update does revert back to the few standard options within the advanced menu but does not mention how to get the files for an offline update.
  9. I posted this within the site design forum but perhaps it is better suited here. Hello everyone I started having an interesting challenge on Friday with a small site model and a curved retaining wall site modifier that was inserted. I've never experienced this issue and hope others might see an easy fix. To clarify: I have a small site model (under 1/2 acre) that was created using survey 3d polygons. All the polygons have low numbers of vertices so the model itself seems stable and easy to move around. In this design we are placing a new retaining wall that curves across the rear landscape. The file is not huge 120+ mb It appears that when one creates a retaining wall site modifier in a curved shape that the results can cause severe slow downs and crashes in this file. If you take a look at the second image I attached you'll see countless lines coming from the site model and running behind the retaining wall, this is where I think the issue is If I delete the retaining wall site modifier the file behaves itself, when it's present I have to wait several minutes for the site model to update and for the open GL to render. Even then the open GL looks poor regardless of settings. This has never happened to me on my current computer. When I change the retaining wall shape and reduce the curves, add a new retaining wall site modifier makes for a more stable file. I can conclude that these curves are causing some issues with the site model and making the file un-workable even with a robust computer. Has anyone noticed this limitation before? It's not great for us as we often work with organic shapes. I've attached the file having removed everything but the site model, the wall, retaining wall site modifier and a small pad in front. No modifier conflicts are reported. I would love to hear peoples comments on this. Thanks for any thoughts you might have. Site model.vwx
  10. Updated Mouldings Plugins IV Manual (version 4.1) Now including new texture controls paragraph, as well as the new Frames (array) object suitable for complex wainscoting. More info on the Mouldings Plugins package here: Mouldings by Paolo Marcuccetti©2010-2020 Mouldings Plugins IV Manual direct download: Download PDF [2.5 Mb] Download EPUB [12.2 Mb]
  11. If you have VSS something else you could do as is to wait for a few days after a Service Pack comes out and then download the VW install program from your VSS portal, it will contain the then latest SP. If you do this every time a new SP comes out and keep all the installers (e.g. store them in separate folders labelled with the SP number) you will then have an option to revert to any previous SP in case something breaks in the latest SP that is essential for your work. This would even allow you to get an SP but not install it until a project is finished and then install it at your own leisure, one by one if if you want in case two SP's have come out in a relatively short time. Edit: just tried the VW updater method mentioned above and noticed it also allows you to download the individual SP updaters as well so that you don't have to download everything again when updating on your second computer. It would be really nice if this feature would be mentioned in the help because now it is not mentioned in the updates information section, only the standard options.
  12. While I think I understand, I still feel a bit confused. That said, I often wish there was a way to copy some settings from texture to texture, OR have a 'master' shader applied to multiple textures. Particularly true of transparency and bump
  13. Today
  14. It is always advisable to keep a local backup of files stored in any cloud service. Even though VW most likely has redudancy built into there system to safeguard against data loss you don't want to get into a situation where something goes wrong (fire, hackers, bankruptcy (not likely with VW) or whatever else) and you have very limited time to download your files or lose them after all. Even if it is just as a safeguard against temporary unavailability so that you can at least continue to work on you files (This has e.g. happened with Amazon's AWS last year or two years ago when a considerable part of their cloud was not available for several days for some of their clients, regardless of whether they were using Amazon AWS directly or indirectly because their (software) provider was using AWS for their cloud environment).
  15. Unless there is a specific need to export as EPS you may want to try exporting to DWG and then import that into Illustrator. Chances are you my have better editing functionality as well. Can't you specifiy the scale on import? (i.e. tell Illustrator what the units and scale are of the file you are importing, probably not with EPS but most likely this is possible with the DWG route, it's been a long time since I used Illustrator so things may have changed)
  16. Most of the time I use the export route instead of publish when generating dwg files from VW files and have relevant viewports updated before starting an export. Though publish is convenient when you want to export multiple file formats in one go, the disadvantage is that you have to export everything to the same folder and then redistribute if necessary. If you want to predetermine the save location you'd either have to do multiple publish runs or use export, then there is little difference between the two for when it comes to DWG export in most cases (unless you have different settings for multiple files of the same type, then publish does have some convenience advantage over export when exporting to multiple dwg files one by one). For your usage case export would probably be the better option to use.
  17. I've just tested and the exported EPS from 2020 looks correct in Illustrator 2019
  18. I posted this question on a Facebook group, and it seems a few of us have this problem. Overall, truss corner block snapping seems to be very problematic and not intuitive. There is no direct way to select which face things will snap to. 2 problems I've had: - I was making a 10'x10'x10' cube. I made one face, and attached the horizontal trusses. I duplicated the 1st face, and attempted to attach it to the horizontal trusses. That face wanted to roll, rotate and flip in every direction except the way I wanted it to. - I've had pieces of truss roll so the diagonals on the top/bottom when snapping to a corner block (the structural engineer LOVED that one!) Screen capture movie attached of me struggling to snap truss to a corner block. I was attempting to make a simple up-over-down truss archway, and the horizontal truss wanted to snap to every face of the corner block EXCEPT the one I wanted it to. The only fix I had was to pan the camera at a steeper angle. Potential fix: you can j+left click when attempting to select multiple (stacked) objects. A dropdown lets select which object to select. Can there be a similar function when attaching truss? 2020, but I've had this issue with 2019 as well. truss problem.mov
  19. The issue process is long-winded but most of this would go on in the background of the EDMS, hopefully this will explain how the revision and suitability codes work. Things to remember: 1st, the sequence of suitability codes is just a list, documents do not have to be issued in this sequence and not all codes will be applicable to any one project, some companies chose to only use a sub-set of these codes. 2nd, ISO 19650 assumed that a Electron Document Management System (EDMS) will be used to manage the Common Data Environment (CDE) 3rd, A document to be SHARED cannot have a decimal point revision. Where a new document is initially created in the EDMS it would be assigned: The revision code of: ( P01.00 ) and a suitability code of ( S0 ) The file has never been issued at this point; thus a (decimal revision of .00) and it’s suitability is Work-In-Progress (WIP)… ( S0 ) Example: Two company’s (“A” and “B”) are working on the same project using something like drop box to share and are required to exchange information between them before delivering to the client. Company “A” Creates a new document named: Building Outline – P01.00_S0.vwx The file has never been issued at this point; thus a (decimal revision of .00) and it’s suitability is Work-In-Progress (WIP)… ( S0 ) Company (A) has their first go at defining the building outline and position of doors and windows etc. Once done they save their file as: Building Outline – P01.01_S0.vwx Company “A” now looks at their design and makes comments with other internal team members. Company “A” now updates there design with the comment. Once done they save their file as: Building Outline – P01.02_S0.vwx: (at this point they can continue to progress their design) Company (B) needs to get started on their Landscape design so need to see what Company (A) have defined as there Building Outline. Company “A” gets to a point where it is happy to pass there initial design to Company “B” To ensure Company “A” has traceability of their design the file needs to be SHARED. (For a document to be share the decimal point revision need to be dropped.) As this is the first time the document has been SHARED it will go out as revision: P01 Company “A” needs to select from the available suitability codes one that best fits the purpose for which they are sharing the file, at this stage ( S2 ) (for information) would be a good choice. They save a copy of their file as: Building Outline – P01_S2.vwx This file is then issue to Company “B” Once issued; Company “A” copies their file and updates the revision code to the next in sequence ( P02.01 ) and retune it to Work-In-Progress (WIP) … ( S0 ) The current file is now: Building Outline – P02.01_S0.vwx Revision sequence: Building Outline – P01.00_S0.vwx File created in WIP Building Outline – P01.01_S0.vwx First save point in WIP Building Outline – P01.02_S0.vwx Second save point in WIP Building Outline – P01_S2.vwx SHARED (S2 for information) Building Outline – P02.01_S0.vwx File returned to WIP Company “B” Company “B” received Company “A” file. They create there own file: Landscaping – P01.00_S0.vwx They reference Company “A” file in and add their information. Once they have created there initial design outlines they need to pass there file back to Company “A” so they can see what they are proposing. To ensure Company “A” has traceability of their design the file needs to be SHARED. For a document to be share the decimal point revision need to be dropped. As this is the first time the document has been shared it will go out as: ( P01 ) Company “A” needs to select from the available suitability codes one that best fits the purpose for which they are sharing the file, at this stage ( S2 ) (for information) would be a good choice at this stage. The file would be issued as: Landscaping – P01_S2.vwx Once issued; Company “B” copies their file and updates the revision code to the next in sequence ( P02.01 ) and retuned it to Work-In-Progress (WIP) … ( S0 ) They save the copy as: Landscaping – P02.01_S0.vwx Revision sequence: Landscaping – P01.00_S0.vwx File created in WIP Landscaping – P01.01_S0.vwx First save point in WIP Landscaping – P01_S2.vwx SHARED (S2 for information) Landscaping – P02.01_S0.vwx File returned to WIP Company “A” Company “A” receives the file form Company “B” and can reference this into their file and see what Company “B” propose, Company “A” updates the design within their file: ( Building Outline – P02.01_S0.vwx ) with some changes that affect the Landscaping so need to re-issue their updated file to Company “B”. Company “A” saves a copy of their file as: Building Outline – P02_S0.vwx And issues to Company “B” Once issued; Company “A” copies their file and updates the revision code to the next in sequence ( P03.01 ) and retunes it to Work-In-Progress (WIP) … ( S0 ) so they can continue working on the design in their file. They save the copy as: Building Outline – P03.01_S0.vwx Revision sequence: Building Outline – P01.00_S0.vwx File created in WIP Building Outline – P01.01_S0.vwx First save point in WIP Building Outline – P01.02_S0.vwx Second save point in WIP Building Outline – P01_S2.vwx SHARED (S2 for information) Building Outline – P02.01_S0.vwx File returned to WIP Building Outline – P02_S2.vwx SHARED (S2 for information) Building Outline – P03.01_S0.vwx File returned to WIP Round and round the process goes… as the design progresses the suitability codes of the relevant issues will change and the revision numbers will increase. Only when a document is issued for construction will the revision code change from “Pxx” to “Cxx”; Returning back to “Pxx” should any changes need to be done then re-issued as “Cxx” as needed, see below.
  20. Quite often when refreshing a section view, the elevation in front of the section cut appears behind the section. I have all of the settings correct. I even put 1/8" in the box about showing extent in front of the section line, since saying no to it only made the problem worse. Sometimes I have to refresh 3 or 4 times to make it go away. When will this be fixed because it is a huge time waster for me.
  21. Yes, that's a version of 1192, right? I've been keeping my eye on 1192 too, as it is a little more verbose. But trying to make sense of ISO 19650 in its own right, given that 1192 is superseded.
  22. @RonMan Thank you very much for the help Is there also an official response from Vectorworks/Nemetschek?
  23. I have been consistently using VW2020 Designer on Catalina for weeks. I have found no major problems. I am adding a eGPU and an AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100 to improve performance. My system: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,1 Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i9 Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz is bogging down with this graphics configuration: Radeon Pro 560X: Thunderbolt Display: Display Type: LCD Resolution: 2560 x 1440 (QHD/WQHD - Wide Quad High Definition) UI Looks like: 2560 x 1440 Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010) Thunderbolt Display: Display Type: LCD Resolution: 2560 x 1440 (QHD/WQHD - Wide Quad High Definition) UI Looks like: 2560 x 1440 Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010) The screens will not refresh under load. I have to either force an update by moving the view slightly (I bump the scroll wheel forth and back), or quit VW and wait until GPU memory has been cleaned. That can take 15-20 minutes. I am specific about my configuration because others have had no issues or some minor ones. I believe VW2020 is ready for prime time now. Don't forget to do your updates.
  24. You can convert the files afterwards too. When the files are converted, best is to run the "Update Libraries" in the cog wheel menu of the Resource Manager.
  25. Hi All, One of my colleagues has been having issues with their files - when a section viewport is placed on a design layer (to be drawn over the top of) and then subsequently sent to a sheet layer the "profile line" glitches and moves relative to the section. I might add that the model is being referenced into a plot file - the problem does not seem to occur for sections cut within the same model file. The rest of the drawing is fine it is just the profile line that moves - sometime the shift occurs when we send it to print, other times the shift is visible in the file. Has anyone had any similar issues? Any help would be appreciated! 04 0500-Proposed Section A-A.pdf
  26. I think you have to duplicate and (batch) convert these to VW 2020 Files first (?)
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.