All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I really was hoping he would have covered creating a custom from scratch title block rather than selecting one that's close-ish to a desired look, then bastardizing the layout to steal the pieces you need. Is that my only option to creating a completely custom layout? I understand that it's outdated, but the practice in the first vectorworks tutorial I shared was exactly what I was looking for.
  3. Today
  4. Hello @Dendecko, Please see if your cloud services app is up to date. To do that you can go to Cloud drop down in the top of the screen and click on About... There it should tell you if your Cloud services app is up to date or not. If you will need to update it - make sure to do that and when its done, please restart Vectorworks. If you will be running into further problems you can launch the Updater tool to repair your Vectorworks, that might sometimes fix it. To do that you can go to the location where Vectorworks is installed and find the exe file for Vectorworks 2024 Updater. Launch it and update if required. After its done please select Advanced Options and choose the Repair command. See if this will fix the problem for you!
  5. I'm attempting to test out the AI visualizer, when I select the menu option under Model/AI Visualizer nothing happens. The application seems to do nothing and continue to run as normal. Anyone had success so far?
  6. To amplify on what Tom says, all data in a Worksheet Database Row has to live somewhere. That somewhere can be a Record.Field combination or as part of some calculation. You can't just type text into a Database cell that is not linked to something to store it. Databases are dynamic. When you add or subtract objects in the file the order of the objects in the database can change. So you must store the text in a Record.Field so it will be "connected" to the object and display on the proper row of the database as things change. You can either use the Plant User Fields, or you can create your own Custom Record and use a field in that for your notes. HTH
  7. @Pat Stanford thank you! I've made one record in resource manager. I've this record attached to some symbols and I made two materials in resource manager. Also attached the record to the materials. Dragging the symbols in drawing, can read in Worksheet. Made an extrusion with a material, can't read the record from the material. If this is achievable with a script can you tell me how? Thanks for quick response!
  8. I've done this sort of thing before with the deform tool. If you want to do a row of buildings, you'll probably need to do them individually. I used some common guidelines to do it, so I had a common origin and common target height. The guidelines were beyond the buildings. Kevin
  9. If you create a database of Materials instead of Objects then you should be able to get the record data from the Materials. Worksheets are not really able to get information about Contained or Container objects (Parents or Children) directly. Only about the object specified directly by the criteria. The possible work around would be to use Worksheet Scripts to get the data.
  10. I've had lots of experience thank you 😆 Will do it now... Thanks for getting back to me.
  11. Got it, I'll go through that now. Thanks.
  12. There is a really fast solution for you. If you double-click your OCCC Chair 24 symbol and select Edit 2D Components, then right-click and select Generate 2D from 3D Component, it will build the 2D components for you. When you exit the symbol edit, it will throw a dialog box saying that the 3D Symbol is now becoming a Hybrid Symbol. Select Yes, as this is what we need. Once you do that, the seating section should work as you want it to.
  13. Hi @Tom W., This is a bug. It should have the same behavior as if you do it from the OIP. Do you know how to log a bug? Thanks! Nick
  14. Is it possible to get record data (free fields) from a material attached to an object. I can get the data from the same record which is attached to a symbol but not from a material.
  15. I was thinking an architect would chime it by now as they would understand your problem better. It appears to be an EAP solution. Question. How did you build these? Was it Extrude Along Path?
  16. I logged an issue with the support desk on this earlier in the week. It only seems to occur when the window is >50% of the length of the wall. It took a couple of goes but support eventually conceded this is a bug.
  17. @Luxedavid The tutorial that you were watching is too old and much has changed since then. You can check for tutorials here https://university.vectorworks.net/course/index.php?mycourses=0&tagfilter[category]=0&tagfilter[type]=0&tagfilter[difficulty]=0&search=title+block&langfilter[]=0#coursestab The Title Block Coffee Break course should be enough as a start I think.
  18. Water may well be the most difficult texture to create. Some programs have a basic water, it is only a start point. As pointed out by Claes, there are so many variables and then there is pond or ocean. Ocean is hard. If you are working with a static image, I would try to find a texture like the one below. It can work in a lot of angles.
  19. Very late reply @Elin as I came across this looking for something else, but you can do this by editing contours in your site model, or by using what is now called the 'open edge line' tool in the site modifiers toolset (previously called the contour tool when you asked this question). Like feature lines in Civil3D, you can set a grade across the entire line/curve/geometry as %, ratio or angle....and also edit individual vertices. You don't get the list of point values as in Civil, but thats not really needed when you can see the object in 3D (which is much more of a pain in C3D).
  20. With this massing model we can see how at 100% creativity the sketch looks a lot better but it becomes someone else's project. By bring it down to 50% I found a happier compromise.
  21. Using 2024 update 4. Worked off of this video as it appeared to be the most recent that shows a full build Here's a short screen recording of the final stage I get stuck at Custom TB Missing.mp4
  22. I have found two ways to solve my problem. Path 1: I execute the command "vs.DSelectAll" before the menu command and then use the menu command with SEL=TRUE - which is somewhat cumbersome. Path 2: Instead of the menu command, I have created a Marionette object from all symbols, with which I can directly switch the views. I have now decided to go with this path...
  23. Yes. It works. I can get things done. I get paid to draw things, not faff around waiting for software to decide whether or not it's going to do what I want.
  24. When you press that "refresh button" behind the scenes is taking a screenshot of the model, pure pixels, that's part of the process to understand, if you take a screenshot of an obscure blob with no edges, creating something from it requires you to type or explain what it is. So, nope, this thing is not smart enough to know automatically what you have on screen is a: kitchen or a skyscraper or a ketchup bottle, it needs some help. A 2d image is valid, a napkin sketch is valid, a massing model is a start, a detailed 3d model helps. I am always on the look out for prompt formulas, I found this recipe that works for architecture, but also applies to other fields.
  25. The images I am posting here are just the few that I felt like I nailed it. Took me more than 20 tries. I found that starting with the creativity slider at 0 sort or matches the lines in the source image (screenshot) but gives no so interesting sketching results, and in many cases adds unwanted heavy lines. Moving the slider to 100% provides super better quality but then it looks nothing like the original model. So, I went down to 60,50,40....but then I thought, since my goal is just to create doodle sketches, no precision is necessary, so raised it up to 60,70 until I got something better.
  1. Load more activity