All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The closed checkbox in the OIP was exactly what I needed. Thanks!
  3. The OP needs to explain more clearly what their question is.
  4. I think there are two different things going on here. The OP was talking about resizing the outer frame which isn't an EAP because the top rail + stile are different profiles: But the inner moulding is no doubt an EAP in which case you have options for editing the profile as @VIRTUALENVIRONS demonstrates or the path if you want to resize the object:
  5. Today
  6. I don't know why the cuts across the top of the object aren't working. Is it the same if you draw a much larger cut i.e. from above the object to below the object? You don't need to click from edge to edge. The fill-at-an-odd-angle thing is happening because when you cut a polygon in half it goes from being a single closed object to two 'unclosed'/open objects. See the 'Closed' checkbox in the OIP. After making each cut you need to 'close' the objects by checking this box in the OIP. I don't know if there's a setting somewhere that makes the cut objects closed by default as it's a bit of a pain forever checking this box... I assume you're using the second mode of the tool: the tool bar is off-screen in the video.
  7. also if we could ref in symbols right to the sheet layer then we would need the Resource Manager have the ability to have folders that are more like playlists vs folders where a symbol can only be in one folder.
  8. I do not know Spotlight, but that looks like Z-fighting — where you have two 3D objects occupying the exact same space.
  9. Using VW 2024, update 4. Let me start with I went through the split tool video on VW University and the behavior I'm getting is totally different. I have a simple poly shape and am trying to split the shape where I have drawn red lines. I was some how able to get 1 split action to work correctly on the right side but cannot get that action to reproduce. I show in the short screen recording attached that nothing happens on the top of my poly when I use the split tool, and even more odd is on the left side when I use the split tool, it adds a fill at an odd angle in the empty space in the middle of the poly. I found a work around using the split option with the clip tool, but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong here. Split Tool.mp4
  10. Need some help, how to fix this? I am new to Vectorworks. The screen has a gray shade when using a 3d view.
  11. We are visiting our son this weekend on east coast, so only have basic tools. Made this video that explains what I said in an earlier post. I think this is what you are interested in.
  12. so the above approach would allow a "team" of detail makers to control the quality of all details as they have them all on various design layers but their end product for the office is 2d Detail Symbols that anyone can get and drop right onto the Sheet Layers.... This removes the whole "I-have-to-first-place-it-on-a-Design-Layer-then-make-a-VP-of-it-to-place-on-a-Sheet-Layer" maze.
  13. Great ! And good to know. But when you do some VW changes and try an Exchange by send to C4D, I assume C4D won't react again. So at least, by your last experiment, it looks like the C4D File version that VW up to 2024 exports, is still compatible with my old C4D R21. Which is great. But why at all doesn't VW/C4D Exchange work anymore. And why do we both seem to be the only persons on earth experiencing this problem ?
  14. I've been out of doing Architectural cad for some time. the following approach is working however the location of the 2d details is the problem as I reference these by way of vps to the sheet layer then crop...everything works...but if I reorg the details on the design layer then all my sheets get messed up. Maybe the details themselves need to be symbols then we just need to be able to place symbols right on the sheet layer. this way there is a disconnect between the location of something drawn on a design layer and a sheet layer. put another way. we need to "cut out the middle man" (ie design layer) and have the ability to draw details as symbols (sure you can still have your library on a design layer BUT you would place the symbol detail right on the sheet layer.
  15. @zoomer amazing c4d export from vwx24 works fine in c4d r21 🙂
  16. Thank you very much for testing. But would VW 2022 work with R23 ? (In case R21 was too old for me)
  17. But please also try to export as C4D. I am pretty sure that should work. But it would be interesting to know if not. (Beside, VW's FBX is pretty good and works great for imports in a lot of 3D Apps. Also I never noticed much if any quality difference between c4d or fbx exports to C4D)
  18. @zoomer Still no effect, when i've recently opened VWX2022 with C4D R21 and tried again... Let me check thread you've sent before
  19. I am not sure, but it is likely that I tested my VW file in an earlier VW than 2022 at that time. And can't remember that I had ever managed to run Exchange on Windows again.
  20. @VIRTUALENVIRONSapologies, did not get it 🙂 . Okay, so will try it now manually. thank you!
  21. Does this on the other side mean that R21 can still read/exchange with VW 2024's C4D exports ? And on another thread I can see you are using Windows, not Mac. As said, VW 2022 and C4D R21 worked, at least on Mac. If C4D too outdated for VW'S exports ... and that manifests on Windows a year earlier than on Mac !? If C4D R21 does no more work with VW 2022 for me, maybe it makes "sense" that R23 does also no more work with VW 2024 for you ?
  22. If it works then good stuff. FYI, the "Send to C4D only" command was based on the steps that I posted.
  23. @zoomer @VIRTUALENVIRONS Guys, thanks for the asnwers. Currently i use Vectorworks 2024 SP4 Windows 10 x64 Cinema4D R21, R23 @VIRTUALENVIRONS instead of this attempt i usually use fbx export to import it into c4d.
  24. Oh, yes. Reshape Tool. The call it "Modifizieren Werkzeug" on the german forum ....
  25. Do you mean the Reshape Tool? Yes, I use this most times as well for resizing/reshaping things.
  1. Load more activity