All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Sally yang

Plant elevation figure (2D symbols) are not showing

@Boh Thank you! I just checked that's the problem indeed! I didn't expect the imported figure is on a new class created on its own and default as not visible...
  3. Have you checked all your classes are on? maybe the symbol is using class(es) that aren't visible?
  4. Hi all, I have downloaded some 2D plant elevation figures (dwg format), and I make individual one as symbol and exported. I want to use them in my elevation drawing. However, even though all the figures are showing properly in resource management, when I place them in my elevation drawing there's nothing showing. I had similar problem with symbols that I created and exported. Are there any way to solve this problem? I have attached an image to show what's like in resource management. The blue dot show where I import the tree figure (but nothing shows up...) Also, I can only find 2D plants elevation in photorealistic or artistic version. I would like to see if there are some 2D geometric based plant figures that ready to use. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks
  5. Yesterday
  6. MullinRJ

convert vwx to dwg

Simon, I opened your file in VW 2014 and exported from there. I hope all of the pieces made it through. It looked pretty good when viewed in eDrawings, but check it carefully if you can. If you need a PDF to compare it to, just ask. 30710-A- Topographic Survey-Dwyer v2014.zip Raymond
  7. Jordan

joining lines & arcs

Thank you @JustinVH I am importing lines from Rhino. I am having to convert these lines into polygons to activate the option to "close" them. Before converting to polygons this "closed" box was not appearing. I had to find another thread to learn about line types. LOL
  8. mgries

Use marionette to create parameters on object

@Pat Stanford, This thread caught my attention, but didn't go where I was hoping it would. I'd like to control the display of parameters relating to objects that all share the same record(s). I think VectorScripts or Marionnette might be able to help... Currently when doing a site plan, I use a few custom records to track polygons that represent various types of site planning areas. These relate to zoning designations, planning tabulations, storm water coverages, etc. It's basically a catch-all system for identifying and tracking any areas relevant to site planning and fit studies. In other words, it's become a site plan version of the space tool for me. The problem I'm running into is that the record is getting bloated, and so I would like to add conditional formatting to it. Is it possible to filter or funnel an object's pop-up options based on some primary selections? Example: Project proposes a Commercial building. Property belongs to a zone that represents a sub-designation belonging to all Commercial zones (i.e.- "C-1") All other Zoning options (Agriculture, Residential, Industrial, etc.) are non-applicable. Currently, if I were to attach the building footprint to this zoning/planning record, it would show the selection related to Commercial\C-1, and then maintain a bunch of "n/a" selections related to the other zone groups. The object would have to carry around all this "n/a" data, which then makes it overly complicated to apply worksheets and data tags to these objects (which is the whole point). What I'd like to have happen is to select Commercial from a list of major category designations, and have this filter out all other lists of minor zone designations, so that I can then select from a filtered list of sub-categories only related to Commercial. This might seem trivial, but without this capability, it's a lot harder to make useful and simple "Project Info." worksheets, as well as a small and simple set of data tags. So filtering the data is a critical first step in an overall attempt to track and document project info. The attached screenshots show this issue in a simple zoning record. Keep in mind I have other records containing many more parameters than this one. The need to filter the OIP using conditional forms becomes more apparent the greater the record becomes. I hope this makes sense! Thanks, Matt
  9. JustinVH

joining lines & arcs

@Jordan Here is a screenshot, this should help you out.
  10. Bob Griffith

Shop using SW 2019 cannot 3D render DXF export.

Jim -- They seem to like AutoCad 2000 and can do IGES (which doesn't re-import back into VW cleanly for me), Step & X_T -- and of course SW native.. Kevin -- I'll try all, one at a time. Expecially the 3D view (your online help ticket guy also recommends that). Thanks guys. Let you know. Bob
  11. Jordan

joining lines & arcs

Where is this box??
  12. Simon Carroll

convert vwx to dwg

30710-A- Topographic Survey-Dwyer v2014.vwx I would be very grateful if someone could convert this file to a dwg one. Really appreciate your help. Thanks, Simon
  13. Kevin McAllister

A couple of thoughts - - try exporting while your file is in a 3d view, not top/plan view. - use the newest export version possible (for VW 2008 it should be newer than DXF 2000 / 2000i / 2002). - use DWG instead of DXF if at all possible. Kevin
  14. @technical_pro I have 2019, but you can download earlier versions (2011–2018) from Service Select, using the serial number. I have the serial numbers for 2015–2019, under my VW license.
  15. Hi All, I most likely missing a trick, but I can't seem to find how/where I can export my proposed model as a data set to provide to an earthworks contractor. At this stage I'm not sure what format the contractor would need, but I'm presuming something along the lines of an XYZ for them to load into their plant and merrily mound up to the required heights. My existing model was created from a topo survey at a 10m grid and the proposed model created from a series of dashed linear modifiers with z-levels set 1m, 2m, 3m etc above grade to sculpt the landscape as required. The resultant 3D of the proposed looks roughly as it should. I just need to extract it out in a format a contractor might use (waiting to hear, thought I'd tackle the problem from this end too). Any help would be greatly appreciated. D
  16. Jim W

What other formats will they accept than DXF? STL may work depending on the kind of shape and type of machining they're doing.
  17. Hi @Pat Stanford, This just caught my eye, because I never knew we could control the logical connective between database criteria. The default is always '&', correct? Is the only way to create an "or" connection between criteria to overwrite the formula in the formula bar? Is there any sort of white paper or forum post listing ALL the ways to manipulate the logical connections in the formula bar? I would like make use of this hidden functionality! Also, YES, PLEASE!...we should add the ability to delete a criteria row without the need for workaround!! It is unbelievable that this is not a rudimentary part of the edit criteria interface... Thanks, Matt
  18. Still using pre-parasolid VW 2008. Do both architecture and mechanical, but infrequently. Possible first 3D submittal from VW to CAM via Solidworks 2019 front end at CAM shop. Sample top/plan dxf conversion file submitted below. Pict of export panel also submitted below. Problem: Solidworks import sees top/plan as static 2D view without any apparent 3D properties. Meanwhile, this file imports back into a newly launched VW fully 3D functional. Please advise. Appreciatively, Bob 480-456-4049 grifco.slider.01.dxf
  19. Thought for the day: It was surprising to have lost the often used shortcut (M) for the Unconstrained Dimension Tool to the Multiple View Panes. One I would use hundreds of times a day - the other perhaps 10 at most. I remapped M back where it was and the Multiple View Panes to opt+M. Merging the 2 dimension Tools would also be a good idea.
  20. bcd

Display Flashing and Changing Colours

Check the cable to the computer /monitor. Sometimes just re-plugging it helps to stabilize things.
  21. Benson Shaw

Referenced in models not displaying correctly.

@Josh-gsy Just looked closer at that overhead Site screenshot. Looks like view is nearly 22000m from drawing origin. Vectorworks looses, um clarity?, when objects are far from origin - things disappear, planes twist off axis, etc. To test if this is the issue: Create a new blank file. Create a new DVLP referencing one of the house blocks. In Top/Plan, move the DVLP so it's at the drawing origin. Render OpenGL and examine with flyover tool. If everything is as expected, then, I think the fix is to move the User Origin of the Master Site Drawing near the site objects. Or, relocate the Site objects and the DVLPs to the drawing origin. Others here on forum may have best practices advice. Also check the house drawings for proximity to origin. The screenshots show them pretty close, I think. Post back if this is not it. -B
  22. @mike d do you have to sell 2019 or also older versions ?!
  23. Hi @abrewin I just updated my post -- Still available-- Two current Vectorworks Architect licenses up for sale that we had bought during a 50% off promotion. I am not looking to mark up the price I paid. I believe transferring the Serial Number to another person is pretty straightforward. Please email me if you're interested. Thanks, Mike md_archit@yahoo.com
  24. Wes Gardner

Slab not below walls

I'll need to make a couple of assumptions here...assuming you've used the wall tool to create your plan, it's a simple matter to include "Layer Wall Height" in your Layer set-up, then, in your wall style(s), include "Layer Wall Height" as the top bounding condition and "Layer Elevation" as the bottom bounding condition. You can then just introduce those bounding conditions to your already-drawn walls in 2D and you'll get 3D walls at the proper height. It's then a matter of creating viewports and placing the various views (plans, sections, elevations) on sheet layers. But wait, there's more....don't forget, in your wall styles, to include any necessary offsets for the various wall components as well as setting everything to be "by Class" so you can control and over ride line weights. etc in your viewports. I highly recommend taking a bit of time to thoroughly understand what bounding conditions, layer wall heights, etc, etc mean and how they come together to create a building information model. This is explained in the instructions. I'm at wgardner@vectorworks.net or here on the Community Board Wes
  25. creatrix

Slab not below walls

😪@Wes Gardner I've asked Benson this question but will ask you too. I'm going through your thread (🙏) and wondering since I have done the entire plan in 2D mode, what is the best way to merge my exterior wall and slab creation with all that I have on my plan (dimensions, notes, interior walls, roof, windows and doors)? I am reading all the way through and maybe getting ahead of myself but I am needing to make some money and stop benefitting HFH at my expense! (yes, I know, whoa is me😪 and my whining!)
  26. Nomi

Extract Profile of Wall

Hi all, I'm trying to extract the outline of a wall (including window opening). Ideally I would then have a polygon in the shape of the wall elevation on which I could explore different facade designs. I'm new to Marionette, particularly with regards to pulling BIM object attributes into a script - any help appreciated! Thanks!
  27. Hi, do you have to sell older versions of VW for Windows !?
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.