All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. bgoff

2020 GIS Location

are you connected to the internet? PC or Mac? Also try to search Globaly not from user location.
  3. Eric Gilbey, PLA

Using GIS in your workflows?

Hello Site Design forum members. Have you been implementing any workflows which integrate with GIS data, imagery and/or geometry? If so, please reach out to us at landmark@vectorworks.net . As many of you know, we have recently joined Esri's partnership program as a Silver Tier Partner. Through this, we have several opportunities to reach other design professionals like you who are looking to improve their site analysis and planning workflows, but less aware of how GIS and related geospatial resources enable them to do that within Vectorworks. We believe that sharing your workflow examples could inspire them to do just that. The recent release of Vectorworks Landmark, Architect and Designer 2020 introduced new GIS integration features, such as Geolocate and Geoimage, which can save a great amount of time in providing georeferencing to a file, or in adding visual context for the planning work you are including as part of your project deliverables. Prior to this year's release, and still certainly available, is the ability to import georeferenced shapefile (SHP) data and georeferenced image files, such as GeoTIFF, TFW, JGW, BPW, etc.. Designers using Vectorworks could not only import those files, but they could modify them in 2D visualizations and in 3D models, allowing them to quickly add context into the projects which they are designing. So, whether you have some examples to share from the workflows we have offered before the 2020 release, or perhaps you have already been putting the 2020 new features to use, please let us know by emailing us by this Friday, October 18, and we will follow up with some communication about the potential of showing off your expertise and improved workflows. Thank you for your time in considering this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Best regards, Eric Eric Gilbey, PLA Product Marketing Manager
  4. Eric Gilbey, PLA

Using GIS in your workflows?

Hello Architect forum members. Have you been implementing any workflows which integrate with GIS data, imagery and/or geometry? If so, please reach out to us at landmark@vectorworks.net . As many of you know, we have recently joined Esri's partnership program as a Silver Tier Partner. Through this, we have several opportunities to reach other design professionals like you who are looking to improve their site analysis and planning workflows, but less aware of how GIS and related geospatial resources enable them to do that within Vectorworks. We believe that sharing your workflow examples could inspire them to do just that. The recent release of Vectorworks Landmark, Architect and Designer 2020 introduced new GIS integration features, such as Geolocate and Geoimage, which can save a great amount of time in providing georeferencing to a file, or in adding visual context for the planning work you are including as part of your project deliverables. Prior to this year's release, and still certainly available, is the ability to import georeferenced shapefile (SHP) data and georeferenced image files, such as GeoTIFF, TFW, JGW, BPW, etc.. Designers using Vectorworks could not only import those files, but they could modify them in 2D visualizations and in 3D models, allowing them to quickly add context into the projects which they are designing. So, whether you have some examples to share from the workflows we have offered before the 2020 release, or perhaps you have already been putting the 2020 new features to use, please let us know by emailing us by this Friday, October 18, and we will follow up with some communication about the potential of showing off your expertise and improved workflows. Thank you for your time in considering this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Best regards, Eric Eric Gilbey, PLA Product Marketing Manager
  5. Hello fellow forum members. Have you been implementing any workflows which integrate with GIS data, imagery and/or geometry? If so, please reach out to us at landmark@vectorworks.net . As many of you know, we have recently joined Esri's partnership program as a Silver Tier Partner. Through this, we have several opportunities to reach other design professionals like you who are looking to improve their site analysis and planning workflows, but less aware of how GIS and related geospatial resources enable them to do that within Vectorworks. We believe that sharing your workflow examples could inspire them to do just that. The recent release of Vectorworks Landmark, Architect and Designer 2020 introduced new GIS integration features, such as Geolocate and Geoimage, which can save a great amount of time in providing georeferencing to a file, or in adding visual context for the planning work you are including as part of your project deliverables. Prior to this year's release, and still certainly available, is the ability to import georeferenced shapefile (SHP) data and georeferenced image files, such as GeoTIFF, TFW, JGW, BPW, etc.. Designers using Vectorworks could not only import those files, but they could modify them in 2D visualizations and in 3D models, allowing them to quickly add context into the projects which they are designing. So, whether you have some examples to share from the workflows we have offered before the 2020 release, or perhaps you have already been putting the 2020 new features to use, please let us know by emailing us by this Friday, October 18, and we will follow up with some communication about the potential of showing off your expertise and improved workflows. Thank you for your time in considering this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Best regards, Eric Eric Gilbey, PLA Product Marketing Manager
  6. Dave Donley

Spot spot spot spot...

Q: What does the rendering look like with indirect lighting turned off? The glazing texture on the windows should have its Indirect Lighting Options set to Use Portal. That will help the renderer sample the light from the direction of the windows. Some of the splotches will improve with higher indirect lighting quality setting but it should be reduced with some investigation of these things which may help it a lot. I am wondering if some of this is coming from the rough reflective floor texture.
  7. Today
  8. milezee

Repeat Last Command Shortcut?

yep, definitely needed 👍
  9. ford519

Repeat Last Command Shortcut?

I need this as well. Using the Combine Into Surface command a million times to create some graphics, and it's NO FUN pulling down the menu every time. Also, I'm trying to create a shortcut for this command and I just noticed we can ONLY use CTRL, or CTRL + ALT, or CTRL + ALT + SHIFT as modifier keys... why not SHIFT alone or ALT or ALT + SHIFT? As a c4d user, it would be really cool to see the breakout palette idea used as well.. both the split-off window and the "U" or "M" breakout menus. It creates a ton of possibilities for shortcuts when you only have a certain number of keys available.
  10. James H.

Spot spot spot spot...

Holy spots Batman! Hey all, I'm having difficulty rendering a gallery space... It's a space with a big window wall at one end so unfortunatly @Luis M Ruiz 'build a box' option isn't going to work for this one (RW background is HDRI Day currently). I tried removing the reflection value from all the textures and still didn't see much of an improvement... Any suggestions here? Chandelier and pendant "bulbs" have glow textures (125% glow) and point light sources with falloff set to 'realistic'... Renderworks Style was a gift from the great @PVA - Jim during the last VW Design Summit (🙏🏻!!! in case you're still prowling around here sir). RWS settings are as follows:
  11. I'm pretty much completely baffled about what the 'degree' setting on NURBS curves actually does. Here's what teh VW help guide says: Here's what happens when I try various things: (when I write "created with" I mean the number I put in the "curve degree" box of the NURBS tool settings) Each of those shapes is created by clicking on the same 4 points in the same sequence. Here are some questions for starters: "Interpolation mode" 1) Contrary to what VW help says, changing the 'degree' in the NURBS tool settings doesn't affect the number of vertices. It does seem to result in a slightly different shape though. So what does it do? 2) If I change the 'degree' number in the OIP, what exactly determines the number of vertices I end up with? 3) If I change the 'degree' number in the OIP, why does a line with degree 3 end up with *more* vertices than a line with degree 4? 4) Is it intended behaviour that changing the 'degree' number in the OIP flips an "interpolation mode" NURBS into being a "control point mode" NURBS? "Control point mode" 5) Why does the OIP tell me the NURBS has a different degree from the one I created it with? 6) Why does a created-as degree 3 or 4 NURBS have fewer vertices than a created-as degree 2 NURBS? 7) Why does on 'degree 4' NURBS have a different number of vertices compared to another 'degree 4' NURBS (and same applies to the two degree 5 NURBS)? 8 ) Why does one of the degree 5 NURBS have fewer vertices than one of the degree 4 NURBS? Final question: is it user error, bugs in the software, or bad documentation that's causing the confusion here? (I've attached the file below) NURBS.vwx
  12. Nurbs curves don't extrude and you need more than one nurbs curve to do a loft. But good on 'ya for jumping into nurbs curves! If you create two or more nurbs curves that are like section cuts for the solid you want to create you run the loft tool in the first mode. If you create a nurbs curve that is a path (called a "rail" in VW) and one or more profile nurbs curves you use the second mode If you create 2 nurbs curves to be the outside edge rails and a nurbs curve to be the profile that gets stretched and squished between the rails you use the 3rd mode. Post back if that doesn't make sense :-).
  13. E|FA

VW2020 Logo

Agreed
  14. JuanP

VW 2020 Download-License issue

@dixonator810 the file not been recognized, it might be due to the download file not completing. Please try to download the file again using the following LINK if the problem persists please contact our tech support team.
  15. ericjhberg

VW2020 Logo

I figured out a way to do the same on PC though... create a shortcut for the application to the desktop Edit the properties of the shortcut Choose Change Icon... Browse and load the .ico file of your choosing Thanks for the help...this works as a temp fix, but I hope VW takes this very minor request into consideration in future SP of 2020
  16. JuanP

Serial Number Difficulties (URGENT)

@Carsonunfortunately, I can't seem to find your account using your forum email address. Please contact our tech support team at 443-542-0411 to help you further.
  17. drelARCH

Editing Modes

+1 I am definitely with this one.
  18. ericjhberg

VW2020 Logo

Thanks, but we use PC. Shouldn't have to customize an application's logo, but in the event the VW doesn't, I guess we don't have another option.
  19. E|FA

VW2020 Logo

For Mac OS you can update the logo manually: 1. Create any icon you want. I am attaching a file with an inverted B&W option. 2. Copy the image. 3. Select the VW application file in the Finder 4. Choose File -> Get Info 5. Select the icon in the top left corner of the info window. 6. Paste the image. 7. Close the Info window. If you have VW permanently in the Dock, you will need to remove it, launch VW, then add it back to "Keep in Dock" I'm guessing there's a similar option for Windows VW Logo Inverted.ico
  20. Why, when we are editing the boundary of a slab, can we not see the rest of the file even when we activate 'Show Objects while in editing mode'?
  21. Phil hunt

ceiling grid tool

thanks wes.....found it......thanks
  22. TKA

font managment

I am sure someone asked about it before, is there a way to have VW not display all available fonts? On OSX is there a way to limit the list or divide it into "user" fonts and general fonts? Or may be convert the last used fonts (at the beginning of the list) to favorite fonts?
  23. Yes, it is surely tricky. May-be users having migrated from AFP to SMB can give you tipps. (I can only re-iterate the theory... like a parrot. 😉)
  24. @Nicolas Goutte I see, this is a tricky one, as we are a relatively large office with 100 people the majority on Mac's (which benefits from AFP, like colour coding folders etc), and moving all users over to SMB might cause issues. Thank you so much for the feedback, we will have a think of how best to proceed. kind regards a
  25. ericjhberg

VW2020 Logo

Please make updates to the logo in the next service pack! For users still using the older versions of the software, this is essential in identifying which application is which.
  26. It has little to do with project or non-project VW files. The root problem is the different lock types between SMB and AFP. Of course, as you are supposed to share project-type VW files, the risk to have a real damage is higher. That is why the "one protocol only" way is recommended, for all VW files.
  27. MaltbyDesign

Doors with Sidelights Width Determination

@Wes Gardner Thanks very much! Is it possible to do something similar for transom lights as well? When matching windows with transoms and doors with transoms, using the same rise height doesn't present the same results. Once again it falls to trial and error to get them to match. When you sent the head height of the window and then add a transom, the head of the transom sits under that head height, rather than above it. Ideally, the window head would sit at the defined head height and the transom would extend above that, as they do for transoms applied over doors.
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.