All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Chris Burton

getting started...

Alternatively, aside from the BW webinar that starts with the demonstration of how to link truss pieces, are there any other Braceworks-specific training videos?
  3. Today
  4. Yesterday
  5. Dick Bailey

convert vectorworks to sketchup

I Googled, "VW file viewer" and found the viewer so I was able to use it to review the files and I found I only need one 59,659 KB file which contains the following objects shown in the organisation dialog box. Can this be converted?
  6. Neil Barman

wall recess shows filled wall in plan

Hi @Christian Fekete, If you select the Wall Recess that is currently shown as a solid (where you want to see the opening), the OIP will give you a field to set the Cut Plane height. If you set it to a height that is within the actual Wall Recess height, the opening will show. I hope this helps. Wall recess cut plane height.mp4
  7. Dick Bailey

Thanks for your reply. Edit. I do need the basic Walls, windows, doors, floors, stairs, ceilings and Roof, but it would also be good if the other items in the file were included. As you'll see from my second reply below I've discovered one file contains everything.
  8. Is there a comprehensive listing of these somewhere? I would like to create a data tag to label the slab style applied to a hardscape. I'm not sure if this is possible, but don't know why it wouldn't be? I'm not sure which category it would fit in I think I looked through them all, but search here would be helpful?
  9. zoomer

Roof help: parapets and shed

With the rotation tool and autoplane activated to get a temporary coordinate system in yz or xz plane, when you hover over a suitable face. And moving the same way in suitable z direction. Aligning back in xy plan in a top plan view is easier.
  10. barkest

For the conversion idea do you need all of the files and of the files you do need is it just the basic Walls, windows, doors, floors and ceilings you need and finally did she have the floorplans for your house?
  11. creatrix

Greenhorn is perfectly titled for me! I am not figuring out how to get the extruded wall shape vertical?
  12. KarynT

Massed plantings lose interior line work

Tony, The purpose is to add a little more graphic definition than an empty shape with the tick box inside the plant shape. Tight outline is okay, but if I'm planting a large group, the graphics get a bit boring. Think of this as adding a hint of stippling to a lawn area to convey the feel of hand rendering. BTW - I tried making a new class, sending it to the top of the plants-component-outline & the plant graphic is still in charge of itself. Karyn 2019/MacBook Pro - mid 2012
  13. Tamsin Slatter

The effect of Massing is to hide everything but the rearmost polygon within the 2D graphics of the plant symbol. If you want to retain the different elements of the symbol, the symbols provided with the software are already set up to do this with classes. To try this, place a few plants, using any of the standard symbols that come with Vectorworks Landmark. Now, instead of using the Mass Plants option, review the classes available in the document. Each element of the plant symbol has been classed for you, so you can show and hide things. So, you can remove the color fill, or the canopy, or the outline (but leave the sketchy or tight outline). Very flexible.
  14. Tony Kostreski

Hi @KarynT, I'm curious to know what it is you are trying to accomplish. Can you elaborate? The purpose of plant massing checkbox is to remove interior linework though you can keep tick marks if desired. If your goal is to have a thicker line that encompasses the plant grouping but interior linework remains I would suggest unchecking plant massing and setting the 2D attributes of the plant object to a thicker line. I recommend setting this by class...one set for trees and another for shrubs/perennials. Just make sure that under Visualization in the Object Info Palette that you have the appropriate Mass Outline selected (i.e. Tight Outline). Hope this helps! -Tony
  15. Is there a way to keep some/all interior lifework on plants when the massed option is selected? Just because we plant a grouping shouldn't remove the interior branchings. If no, can I then create a new class to the VWX standards for a plant record that would replicate the original lines, but remain after massing?
  16. milezee

Nomad App PDF android issue

@inikolova excellent ūüĎć
  17. creatrix

Working on this. Have made the shape and extruded but wondering if there is a way to include the "L" part of the wall since those two walls actually sit forward of the wall with the 6040 SL on it.
  18. inikolova

Yes, this is definitely high on our list of priorities!
  19. A fully functional, or even just a VW reader (or VW Lite) running on our iPad's - allowing us to use VW in the field on our iPads would be useful. Being able to markup VW files with the stylus would be very useful. And now, being able to use iPad's with the coming "Sidecar" capabilities in MacOS Catalina - could be intriguing for VW users.
  20. BG

HVAC Ducting to Interior Model

VectorMEP looks amazing. Be great if that was included in VW. Actually, there seems to be a lot of really useful tools being created by third party vendors that would be incredibly beneficial to have included as standard in VW.
  21. creatrix

OK I've got to catch up since I know nothing about 3D solids. I'm watching the tutorial on the steel bracket because I don't have a clue how to do what you're suggesting. Will get back to you.
  22. milezee

@inikolova ok i see, I hope you guys can sort a solution as this makes the AR viewer completely useless for any of the interior scenes we work on
  23. JBenghiat

Frame Script

Sure ‚ÄĒ create extrude representing the negative space of the holes, and subtract solids.
  24. Just pasting my response to the other thread here to keep everyone in the loop.
  25. Vectorworks, Inc. has released Service Pack 4 (SP4) for the Vectorworks¬ģ 2019 product line. This service pack includes multiple fixes and improvements in the following areas: Fixed numerous issuesImplemented various corrections for with cropped bitmaps Numerous stability enhancements in areas such as Viewports, Section Viewports, Selecting Walls, Roofs, Extrude Along Path, Project Sharing and more Improved DWG import, IFC Export and export PDF performance This Service Pack is available as a downloadable updater for all U.S. English-based versions of Vectorworks 2019. To install the Service Pack, please select "Check for Updates" from the Vectorworks menu (Mac) or Help menu (Windows). For a full list of improvements in the 2019 SP4 update, please visit this page. Please note this Service Pack is currently available for all non-localized English versions. Contact us at tech@vectorworks.net if you have any technical questions or problems during this process.
  26. josue Corona

Frame Script

I got this 3D Script that makes a frame like the one in the picture. This script changes the size of this frame and even adds material that would skin the frame with. My question would be if possible to make an upgrade on the script by having the frame have holes that I could change its location in a given frame size . If its possible I can provide the script and also it comes with parameters. Thanks .
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

√ó