All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hi, Our office mainly provide our files to other designers etc. as dwg files. The dream file for sharing would have symbols as blocks, then surface borders as polylines and surface areas as hatches. When we export Hardscape- and Landscape-objects into dwg-files, they convert into blocks. We would definitely prefer that they would convert to polylines and hatches. Because the file includes a lot of different blocks, the process of exploding all the hard- and landscape-areas takes time. Which settings should we use that they don't convert into Blocks? It is a huge problem when the objects are not converted in the right way into dwg and consumes our time when we clean the files in autocad before sending!
  3. Normally when I duplicate them, the data gets updated. Today this did not seem to be happening, and I assumed it was because I'd made them not active (because ticking the box fixed it). But maybe it is unrelated.
  4. Thanks @michaelk some good tips there. I think shaded view makes it a little more punchy. I definitely will do it room by room next time. I can also imagine that a tripod would make it much better - kind of more like a proper fixed point cloud device. The Nomad instructions just said start it up and walk around - so that is what I did. @Tom W. I was hoping that the weird tartan pattern was something easily fixed - like a grid setting I don't know about that can just be toggled off. As I said, I'm new to VW so what is obvious to seasoned users might be completely unknown to me. It seems a little more useable now though, so I will persevere and see if I can translate this into a serviceable plan.
  5. Today
  6. - The Sheet Number/Title coordination is not related to the active state of the TBB. If you just move the TBB to get it to reset it will correctly update its sheet data. So you have found a bug that on layer duplicate the TBBs do not get reset and therefore do not get their sheet data updated. I will log a bug about this and will work on a fix. Best Regards, Nikolay Zhelyazkov
  7. DEG cabinet areas Copy 1.vwx I checked both my OS on the laptop and my desktop. My desktop was still on the previous service pack and was having the same challenge. I'm not sure if it's something in the file that's corrupting. File attached Thanks
  8. Have come across a small issue. My drawing register is set up, as per @Nikolay Zhelyazkov's suggestion above, so that only title blocks where I've ticked "activate title block" are included in the register. That's fine - I can have various drawing sheets that are works-in-progress and choose not to have them included in the register until they are actually ready to be issued. However, if I duplicate an existing sheet layer, which has that box unticked, then the new sheet layer is given a new sheet number, but that number is not reflected in its title block. So for example I have sheet number 250, and duplicate it, and VW automatically numbers the duplicated version 251 (which is what I want) but sheet 251's title block still has 250 as its sheet number. I have to tick and then untick the "activate title block" box in order to get it to display the correct number. Is this intended behaviour?
  9. You are the best, thank you. I'll try and PM you in a day or two. Thank you, Dave
  10. I have also been a puzzled as to why this happens when you transform a polyline into a polygon/hardscape. This also happens with 3d contours, making the proliferation of vertices an issue.
  11. Still looking for some help on this. Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall vwx cloud services?
  12. Tom, Yes, I am aware of Version 2024 cabinet improvements. Want to see what else will be brought to the table.
  13. You know there was a big update to Cabinets in VW2024 if you have access to it? Countertops will be VW2025 I think...
  14. Tom, Thank you. Waiting to see what version 2025 brings, especially cabinets and countertops.
  15. You could use a Structural Member to represent a LVL beam but you won't be able to style it in VW2019...
  16. Tom, Thank you for the reply. Think built up beam or girder for residential construction. Say (3) 2x10. 2x12 or LVL. Sorry, need to update my page. Currently using 2019 Architect.
  17. Not sure what you mean by a 'Beam'. You can create Structural Member styles since VW2023 (I think) if that's any use? Your signature says you're using VW2012 + VW2013 which is presumably out of date...?
  18. Hi, for a partlist I created a record -> worksheet that lists dimensions for extrudes by =LENGTH, =WIDTH and =HEIGHT perfectly. For =OBJECTTYPENAME Channel - 3D there is value 0 (zero) with this function. I tried to find a function reference and tested =OBJECTDATA(SEL; 'cover physical length') but the result is #OPCODE?. The length value I want to list in the worksheet (or spreadsheet?) is the one in the Object Info - Shape window of the Detailing -> Channel - 3D object. This length value is not part of the record. I just want to avoid to add the length manually to the record... What did I wrong? Is there an easy way? Thanks for help! Peter VW2022 SP3.
  19. Is there a way to create different Beam Styles like we do for walls and slabs?
  20. Sorry for the delay, missed the notification for your answer. I checked your file and there are no issues there. Try this. 1) Open TBManager 2) Optionally, select which sheets to edit 3) Go to Issue Data pane and click on Add and enter the Issue data 4) Go to Project Revision History pane and make sure you have selected to create/update this report 5) Close the manager with OK 6) Find the worksheet in the resource manager and notice how there is 1 issue added in it as the last column with the data that you have entered + some of the rows have a revision number - the current revision for that issue of the sheet
  21. LOL love the playlist! Agree, Vw has come a long way in those 9 yrs. I just don't want them to rest on their laurels here.
  22. hello. I'm tryind to adjust the door already 40 min, this is crazy, every action, starting from opening the dialog window is very slow, every change tooks minutes, even just tyiping in the numbers. Moving the door also took 30+ seconds. It is not possible to work like that. Is it possible to do smth with that? VW 24 update 4
  23. It's Shift-Option-8 on a Mac. Don't know about Windows. °
  24. Is there a way to type a degree angle symbol, the little 'o' above a number? There obviously is one as it appears on angular dimensions but I just want to add it to call out text... TIA
  25. Please see attached a test file, I deleted the information from the design layer because the file was quite heavy but I didnt change anything else. Thanks1683_300_ EDW 240402 Test file no info.vwx1683_300_ EDW 240402 Test file no info.vwx 1683_300_ EDW 240402 Test file no info.vwx
  1. Load more activity