All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Is there an easy way to add the selected object to the current active class? I'm looking at my workflow and there are times when I bring in lots of things from the resource browser, or copy/paste, and I want the object in my OIP to take the current active class.
  3. Today
  4. @Kevin McAllister No doubt, but why deploy something that was only half finished? I don't know the mac/win breakdown for VW and I know it started as a Mac program but why have half? (40%?) of the users squinting at the icons? And that's assuming all Mac users will want switch to dark mode. Even here in this thread there are examples of how dark mode isn't fully thought through. Again the issue wasn't the icons. Here is the top comment on the VW Architect 2020 Promo video on YouTube... (Notice I have my YouTube in dark mode 😉
  5. in my case ccmcache folder exclusion made a lot of progress and moving the installer to root folder
  6. ^ I believe the change in icons is directly related to implementing dark mode on a Mac (and perhaps allowing for dark mode on PCs in the near future). KM
  7. Thanks for taking the time to follow up. I'm not having any problems with AV or the detection method. In your original post, it was just not installing/timeout. Do you think its moving the installer location that fixed this? Or something else?
  8. Hello @David Bailey, What version of Vectorworks are you trying to export from? Are you on Mac or Windows? If you private message me over your file, I can try the export and let you know my findings / send you the DWG if possible.
  9. @Tessa Arnold You should be all set. Let me know if you are having any issues. @leos Sorry, I missed your post! I double checked your account, and it appears you were approved back around your forum post. Let me know if you have any outstanding problems.
  10. I did below changes and seems working my VectWrk 2020 deployment as required deployment. give a try and let me know if its helps. I have added the exclusion of below folders in my Antivirus exclusion path settings. I did move the installer from resources\installer to root folder and run the install from there using script. Powershell script I use .\Install-Vectorworks2020.exe --mode unattended --unattendedmodeui none --UserName "xxxx" --CompName "xxxx" --Serial "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" --installdir "C:\Program Files\Vectorworks 2020" |Out-Null Start-Sleep -Seconds 300 Detection method I used in my environment
  11. One procedure that I saw in a webinar is to create 3d loci or stakes with the heights of the contours and then distribute those elements in the lines that you imported using the "Duplicate along path" (https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2018/eng/VW2018_Guide/Objects_edit1/Duplicating_Objects_Along_a_Path.htm). In that way you reduce the vertex number to be included in the new site model, making it much more lighter to work with. With the Existing Site Model created, you'll include the Site Modifiers to get to the final grading that you desire and you'll get the values.
  12. Hello all, I am a previous CC user and just got transferred over to the new VW license today. Has anyone ran into an issue of not being able to move the cable type tag away from the device? On the "source" side it gives me the move option to move the text out. However on the "destination" side I am not getting an option to do so (typically the little blue box pops up). Thank you in advance!
  13. Yes, just changed the height of the wall with 1900m to 3,048m and the result is like this:
  14. Hey i put all of my information that i needed to have the license.. and i did it before it expired and it seems like its showing up as nothing was ever submitted/not approved. how long would it take to get it approved or get an extension??
  15. I think this may have been and attempt to "upgrade the UI." I've been watching and posting in the new features request topic thread for years. We've been talking about the need for a GUI upgrade for a long time. Esp as the new release videos come out and we all get excited by how cool the marketing dept makes it look in the commercial and then we get the new version....! And we open it....! And... its... the same. BUT! I don't ever recall anybody complaining about the icons. I want to see upgrades to operation windows so you don't have to hunt around with the HUD help to figure out what you're supposed to do. "oh! I'm supposed to click on the word in the list until the thing I want comes up!" More cursor tip commands (this has been getting better) maybe pie menus? What about smart pop ups that don't just appear right in the middle of the screen on top of what you're working on but are "selected object sensitive" and put themselves somewhere else on the screen? The stuff of Si-fi I know, but how cool would that be? And my all time #1 request universal XYZ/local locks! But I can imagine it would be a lot of work to go back and fix all those old windows and palettes. But this is not the first thread with people complaining about the icons. Hopefully they will get the message and just give us an option to revert. Or use the old icons in a custom work-space like we can add back in legacy tools. At least until there is an actual serious overhaul of the GUI.
  16. Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I need a file converting to DWG for a sub-contract designer working in AutoCAD. The system keeps crashing whenever i try to convert. Thank you in advance.
  17. 100% agree. Then I open my Auto CAD and I get a nice flashback to 1995. Revit looks like you're drawing in a little window inside an Excell sheet. I think the recent versions of Maya and Blender have the right balance. No nonsense, clear, high contrast, easy on the eyes. I wish they'd go in that direction. But don't fix what ain't broke. Last year I would have said, "I got 99 problems with Vectorworks but the icons ain't one." Now I have 100 problems.
  18. We have created a copy of interior elevations from a referenced file. We would like to relocate the section line but cannot navigate to it. It is not on the reference file as I think by importing the viewports new sections were created. Can anyone help us with this problem?
  19. Thanks Grant. Good info!
  20. I ended up getting a wqhd (2k) screen, 32" for my main screen. I was scared off of 4k by reports that the OS has trouble scaling with that resolution. I love the resolution, VW is very crisp and clean and I don't need to zoom around so much. My secondary monitor is my old 27" HD monitor, so the palettes are a little larger naturally, which helps out as well. Very happy with my choice.
  21. Because of my region i'm still on SP1.... Hopefuly they pull finger soon 🙂 SP1 is a bit... unpredictable in areas 🙂
  22. Curious about this as well. I have a 3K, 2000x3000, 13" screen on a Microsoft Surface Book. My eyes aren't great now, but the clarity is really good and makes up for the small screen. I'm amazed how well I can work on it - almost as easily as my 1.9K, 1200 x 1920 , 24" monitor. I'm guessing a 4K, 24" or larger monitor would be better than my current monitor. Hoping someone with real world experience chimes in.
  23. Ok, so I read through all these and my particular problem is not addressed but ill add it here anyway and maybe it'll get some attention. I just moved over to 2020 and when I go to place a note form the data base i am not getting the buttons that allow you to add the note to the list to be displayed. Do i not have some kind of preference checked? ive looked with no luck.
  24. Perhaps a related issue: If page settings print scale is set to anything other than 100% then sometimes hatches will change their scale. eg we have our page set up for A1 but typically print to A3. Hatches will sometimes show twice the size they should. I need to use the attribute mapping tool to rescale hatches x 0.5 to get it to show at the correct size. This is the case at least for world based hatche - not sure about page base. We are on PCs. This may not happen on macs.
  25. Same problem with Vectorworks 2020. Application installs silently when using Software Center. When doing a required deployment, it starts but times out after 2 hours. The devs need to test and fix the silent installer when running under the "SYSTEM" account.
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.