All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I did a reinstall for 3.1. I noticed the progress bar was stuck on 11 % for the update....I thought. I left it and it eventually completed it task, but the progress bar never changed from 11 % to complete.
  3. Hello @Jacob@tangably.com, Is there a specific reason you would want to downgrade to Update 3.1? Before making the move can you make sure troubleshooting steps provided here can solve your problem? Technically we do not support update 3.1 or older anymore and except from some issues that will be resolved as soon as possible to do with the GenerateImage.vlb file Update 4 should be great. Some new features as well as general improvements.
  4. it would appear to me that like windows and doors, etc, there needs to be the option to 'offset' components within a wall. You can set top and bottom offset, i.e. the z value, but not the offset in the X or Y of the component from it's resting position within a wall or from the centre line of the wall or from the control line of the wall.
  5. Thanks Peter for pointing us toward how to actually see previous Updates to download. I was successful in downloading but not downgrading Sadly, I attempted to go back to SP3 or 3.1 via the Vectorworks Updater application. After downloading the updates, closing the updater app, then opening the update packages, which opens the updater app again, the progress bar just sits at 0. No progress regressing to previous SP
  6. I'm wondering what's next as well. I attempted to go back to SP3 or 3.1 via the Vectorworks Updater application. After downloading the updates, closing the updater app, then opening the update packages directly from Finder, which opens the updater app again, the progress bar just sits at 0. No progress regressing to previous SP
  7. How did you go back to V3? I attempted to go back to SP3 or 3.1 via the Vectorworks Updater application. After downloading the updates, closing the updater app, then opening the update packages, which opens the updater app again, the progress bar just sits at 0. No progress regressing to previous SP
  8. You can use color as a negative prompt.
  9. I attempted to go back to SP3 or 3.1 via the Vectorworks Updater application. After downloading the updates, closing the updater app, then opening the update packages, which opens the updater app again, the progress bar just sits at 0. No progress regressing to previous SP
  10. Today
  11. I'm learning 3D as a furniture maker, and have drawn an extruded frame (kitchen cabinet front frame) and added an internal moulding with the extrude along path tool. I use the reshape tool to alter 2D frame widths without it rescaling the frame widths, but I can't work out how to do that in 3D. The basis is I need to change the overall widths on doors and frames without the sections (ie the 25mm side rail width) being scaled up or down with the overall size. Also, can I combine the frame and internal moulding to be as one? Thanks in advance, Andy
  12. Thanks Kevin, I think I understand here. Can you advise the best way to make this work in the drawing? As I need to be able to show both 3D isos and also plan views with the symbols in place. If I trace the symbol outline now to add 2D geometry to it so that it shows in the plan view, that would then show up as lines on the floor in the iso view. Can you advise how I achieve my aim without these lines? Weirdly with this symbol I can't edit the individual bits of it's geometry, I'm not quite sure why?
  13. I think with a database report you will need to use one of the Plant user fields or other existing data field for your notes (or attach a custom record) + get your report to return that field.
  14. Thanks Tamsin - I will have a go with these tools. Kind regards, Jack
  15. Hi, You could enter the dimensions in the space "A", or you can click "B" to translate the linear descritor to numbers. Here is the link of IC2023 manual: https://icmanual.scrollhelp.site/im/2023.a/division-tab Hopefully it helps. Regards, Nap
  16. Something like this ? Note that water is highly reflective and does not have a color of it's own. The color comes from the surroundings like the sky, clouds, land in the background, objects in the water, depth of the wet and from the water itself if it's polluted by something. The main feature of a water consist of being very shiny and some degree of bump map, but no texture picture like for example wood or stone. The bump map can probably be reduced in size and file format (sorry but I usually need very high quality texture maps in my work). Water 2009 v2024.vwx
  17. Does the AI "understand" the 3d geometry of the VW model at all or is it simply looking at a 2d image of it and doing its stuff from there?
  18. Thanks Pat, I'll look into this option as well. And yes, I'll probably start from scratch with this workbook.
  19. VW 2024 I have a VW worksheet plantlist separate species. I am trying to add in some remarks on the worksheet itself as these are pertinent to just this project and particular plant selection. I highlight the cell and type in the remarks but they are invisible. Also while I am here, is it possible to create my own work sheet from an existing VW one. I find the height of the rows do not suit my images and I have to reformat with every new project. Thanks
  20. I think it's quite possible with the tools we have in Vectorworks. I used the Deform tool with Taper Solid mode. Should be pretty close to what you need @Brandon Kleiman Skew.mp4
  21. @Brandon Kleiman @Jeff Prince has it correctly re skewing 3d models similar to video in your link. Buuuht . . You might be able to get close with the shear tool. Only works on 2d objects, or groups of them. So, no PIOs for walls, windows, etc. End result is polylines, or group thereof, which can be extruded or otherwise modified. For scenery, perhaps this is enough for layout and fab work? -B Shear(1).mov
  22. You need to use three separate Walls one on top of the other. You can't do this with a single Wall
  23. I'm trying to model an existing warehouse building whose 20' tall exterior wall construction varies by height. The first 16' is 12" thick concrete. A 36" tall 8" CMU wall is set atop the concrete wall with the west faces aligned. Finally there is a 12" tall x 4" thick insulated metal sandwich panel set atop the CMU wall. The west faces of all three sections are aligned (so the east faces step back 4" as each material ends and the next begins. Can this wall be modeled as a single style? I've tried but I can't seem to get the 3 walls to be aligned atop one another. Instead of a wall that is 12" thick at the bottom, 8" thick in the middle section and 4 " thick at the top - BUT only 12" thick at it's thickest point - I get a wall that is 24" thick in plan view. The three components are the correct thickness and located at the correct height but they are not vertically aligned but rather staggered. How can I get the three sections aligned?
  24. Hi @Dave Donley, I just took a peek at the file you uploaded today. It opens in VW 2024, but there is nothing showing. The Resource Manager has 10 LineStyles, and two Textures (Water Bright, and Water Dark.) Also, there is one Design Layer, visible, and two Classes (None and Dimension), both visible. Would you please verify on you end? Thank you, Raymond
  25. These are interesting. I played a bit with a set design in a theatre and AI Visualizations. The visualizer seems to think stage or theatre lighting means colours 😊 Kevin
  1. Load more activity