All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's how it works currently. Symbols export as nested blocks. Hardscapes export as blocks composed of a hatch, a hatch polyline boundary, and an object polyline boundary... all of which is classed. You can get rid of the extra polyline boundary by deleting the objects on that class. Of course you need to be organized in Vectorworks in regards to how you use classes for this to be a quick and easy process. You probably want groups and symbols to convert to blocks. The first level of block is named "parametric object..." You can filter a selection set in AutoCAD for blocks named "Parametric object*" to select them all and then explode. Plant export first into containers named "parametric object...", once you explode them to their nested block, it is named after the plant. Most objects follow the same logic. So, exploding that first level container symbol is a one step process for you entire drawing. The next step in AutoCAD is to simply filter for objects the container class(es) for your hardscapes and delete that. You will then be left with an outline and hatch for your hardscapes. It's like a 2 minute process for the largest of drawings, when you have an organized class system in Vectorworks.
  3. So, I take it there are no plans to make Vectorworks 2022 compatible with Sonoma? Software is only 2 years old and no longer supported?
  4. Another vote for stacked wall components. I have to create this wall condition in VW... Thanks, Rudy Beuc
  5. I assume a GPU or GPU driver issue ? I only tried to scan more than one room at a time with Room Plan Mode and was disappointed. I do not understand why it lost the angle. All Walls should have been perpendicular but Room Plan was about 15° off. I think Nomad needs more artificial or better human intelligence. This is all great @michaelk That was new to me. It does. But I do not get where Nomad takes the angle from. It is neither true north angle nor did I find any possibility to control this in any way, like starting perpendicular to a Wall. I already tried to mimic that manually but did not find any benefit. I assume negative floor height level comes from iPhone to Floor distance (?) Looks like you made a secret from the most important 6. point ......
  6. I see what's going on. You have two exactly coincident rectangles on a 3D plane that are very very very large. 6.5862060122072e192' x 6.5862060122072e192' That's big. VW has issues rendering when objects are more than 4 KM from the origin. This object is way way way beyond that. Delete those two rectangles and the file renders properly.
  7. There only are if they have developed them themselves based on some need in their localized content. Anyone can extend Vectorscript by writing a VWLibrary extension. How you would do that beyond the fact that I believe it requires SDK programming is beyond me. There is a CWLibraryUniversal1.vwlibrary that is included in my version of VW. Probably due to the fact that the the Stair tool (and others) are actually CW code that has been licensed back to VW for inclusion in the base version of VW.
  8. The length is stored in the Channel record. ='Channel - 3D'.'Length' The default Length, Width, Height worksheet functions will give you the orthogonal distances. Length is the X dimension, Width is Y and Height is Z. They will report on almost any object, but if the object is not aligned with the axis, it probably won't provide useful data.
  9. Ran into this issue today as well, following for updates I have a file I'm working in where I placed Equipment Summaries in a Title Block style and only had the issue when I started editing the new summaries. The Equipment Summaries imported to the sheet layers correctly but once I started editing them this issue occurred. I've attached the file I'm working on to hopefully help. SOWA - Heading Home Gala.vwx
  10. Okay that's very interesting, I was not aware that there are different Functions depending on the distributor.
  11. I do not see those items in the stock VW2024. In the Miscellaneous category of the Script Editor window I do see a number of CW_ functions, but none related to matrices. I know the Computerworks (the German distributor) often prefixes their commands CW_ My guess is the CE_ is something similar and is not provided by Vectorworks directly but rather by the localizer or some other other source. CE_ may very well be Computer Express who I believe is the Swiss distributor. There is not a Miscellaneous category in the stock Function Reference documentation.
  12. Today
  13. Hi, Our office mainly provide our files to other designers etc. as dwg files. The dream file for sharing would have symbols as blocks, then surface borders as polylines and surface areas as hatches. When we export Hardscape- and Landscape-objects into dwg-files, they convert into blocks. We would definitely prefer that they would convert to polylines and hatches. Because the file includes a lot of different blocks, the process of exploding all the hard- and landscape-areas takes time. Which settings should we use that they don't convert into Blocks? It is a huge problem when the objects are not converted in the right way into dwg and consumes our time when we clean the files in autocad before sending!
  14. Normally when I duplicate them, the data gets updated. Today this did not seem to be happening, and I assumed it was because I'd made them not active (because ticking the box fixed it). But maybe it is unrelated.
  15. Thanks @michaelk some good tips there. I think shaded view makes it a little more punchy. I definitely will do it room by room next time. I can also imagine that a tripod would make it much better - kind of more like a proper fixed point cloud device. The Nomad instructions just said start it up and walk around - so that is what I did. @Tom W. I was hoping that the weird tartan pattern was something easily fixed - like a grid setting I don't know about that can just be toggled off. As I said, I'm new to VW so what is obvious to seasoned users might be completely unknown to me. It seems a little more useable now though, so I will persevere and see if I can translate this into a serviceable plan.
  16. - The Sheet Number/Title coordination is not related to the active state of the TBB. If you just move the TBB to get it to reset it will correctly update its sheet data. So you have found a bug that on layer duplicate the TBBs do not get reset and therefore do not get their sheet data updated. I will log a bug about this and will work on a fix. Best Regards, Nikolay Zhelyazkov
  17. DEG cabinet areas Copy 1.vwx I checked both my OS on the laptop and my desktop. My desktop was still on the previous service pack and was having the same challenge. I'm not sure if it's something in the file that's corrupting. File attached Thanks
  18. Have come across a small issue. My drawing register is set up, as per @Nikolay Zhelyazkov's suggestion above, so that only title blocks where I've ticked "activate title block" are included in the register. That's fine - I can have various drawing sheets that are works-in-progress and choose not to have them included in the register until they are actually ready to be issued. However, if I duplicate an existing sheet layer, which has that box unticked, then the new sheet layer is given a new sheet number, but that number is not reflected in its title block. So for example I have sheet number 250, and duplicate it, and VW automatically numbers the duplicated version 251 (which is what I want) but sheet 251's title block still has 250 as its sheet number. I have to tick and then untick the "activate title block" box in order to get it to display the correct number. Is this intended behaviour?
  19. You are the best, thank you. I'll try and PM you in a day or two. Thank you, Dave
  20. I have also been a puzzled as to why this happens when you transform a polyline into a polygon/hardscape. This also happens with 3d contours, making the proliferation of vertices an issue.
  21. Still looking for some help on this. Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall vwx cloud services?
  22. Tom, Yes, I am aware of Version 2024 cabinet improvements. Want to see what else will be brought to the table.
  23. You know there was a big update to Cabinets in VW2024 if you have access to it? Countertops will be VW2025 I think...
  24. Tom, Thank you. Waiting to see what version 2025 brings, especially cabinets and countertops.
  25. You could use a Structural Member to represent a LVL beam but you won't be able to style it in VW2019...
  26. Tom, Thank you for the reply. Think built up beam or girder for residential construction. Say (3) 2x10. 2x12 or LVL. Sorry, need to update my page. Currently using 2019 Architect.
  1. Load more activity