All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks Wes. Might be a document specific problem. I’ll. Test it out when I’m back at my computer.
  3. Anna Guzman

DIMENSION AND TEXT SCALE

@Tamsin Slatter THANK YOU! Good thing I asked before setting all of my dimensions!
  4. josue Corona

3d Rotate

I see Cberg, you did explain it well to understand. Thanks for the screen record thats basically what I do and it does find all plane on my drawing expect the ones I highlighted on my screen shot , but I think its something wrong with my geometric so I am just remaking it again. thanks.
  5. Tamsin Slatter

DIMENSION AND TEXT SCALE

P.S. If you've already spent hours of your life adding dimensions to the design layer, you can select the Viewport, click on the Advanced Properties and increase the text scale. But my recommendation above is my preferred suggestion.
  6. Tamsin Slatter

DIMENSION AND TEXT SCALE

Hi and welcome to Vectorworks! I recommend that instead of putting the text and dimensions on the design layer, you add them to the annotation space within the Viewport on the Sheet. This way, you can ensure consistent text size across multiple viewports, regardless of their scale. Double-click the viewport and choose Annotations. Then add dimensions, callouts and text to your heart's desire. Click Exit Viewport Annotations when done. Enjoy!
  7. Anna Guzman

DIMENSION AND TEXT SCALE

Hello, newbie at Vectorworks and still transitioning from Autocad. I have a street plan drawn on my design layers, and I just created a new sheet layer to print my drawings. This is my plan on design layer: But I have issues with text sizes and dimension sizes. On my design layer I work on a 1:1 scale, so I have to set my text size to almost 2,000 points in order to see them. Is there a way to change this and make it more efficient? Also on my sheet I set my drawing at 1:500 for it to fit on the page, and I can't see my texts or dimensions. Is there something I need to set somewhere to be able to see dimensions? That red line that crosses my street section are the dimensions but I can't see anything. Thank you.
  8. A.D.K.

Label Legend Rotation

No worries, thanks! Helps if I understand what "expected behaviour" is so I can eliminate the possibility I'm just breaking it somehow. Cheers.
  9. markdd

Label Legend Rotation

No, the insertion points of the text will always "hug" the instrument they are attached to unless you have set them to non-rotating. If you are rotating your viewports the label legend text will stay relative to the instrument they are assigned to. Sorry to disappoint. Maybe someone else has a workaround for you....
  10. @ASagatovVW Aren't you glad you came and tried to help me with my chaos... I promise I'll stop @ summoning you soon. Colleague right next to me just had the ghosting issue with some dimensions, thought I'd ping you some screenshots just to demonstrate it's not specifically a callout problem.
  11. A.D.K.

Label Legend Rotation

If I rotate a viewport say 90 degrees, the label legends that read right to left in the design layer are now rotated 90 degrees as well. Surely there is a way to have the text stay upright and/or rotate contrary to the viewport rotation. The "right-reading" and "non-rotating" options in the Label Legend "Edit Fields" pane do not achieve this. Ideally it would be by fixture, but knowing Spotlight you'd have to make a whole new legend to do it. I just can't figure it out. EDIT: Screenshots attached
  12. Today
  13. markdd

Label Legend Rotation

Can you explain a little more....
  14. Will poke around a little more and submit, thank you.
  15. Never used this function before. I always just duplicate the symbol. I don't think this is working properly though as according to the help file its meant to duplicate the label legend and offer to rename it for you. Will you submit this as a bug?
  16. A.D.K.

Label Legend Rotation

How do you make 2D label legends rotate with viewports? Thanks.
  17. When you duplicate a Label Legend, it duplicates only fields, not layouts. Can we get it to actually duplicate the label legend instead of just the fields pane? Thanks!
  18. @ASagatovVW Here's a new one, with different behaviour. I was making another file to submit with another bug report, and made a special callout class with big text to leave notes for them. The ones I created in class "none", then switched class, took the graphic and text attributes as intended. The ones I created with the intended class active first did not take the text attributes. This is different than what we were experiencing before, so I thought I'd ping you this file in case you want to update the bug reports. There are two classes of callouts in the file attached here: one from the original file for the other bug report (purple), and one for this issue (white). BadCalloutv2_17July.vwx
  19. Pat Stanford

Count truss objects

Unintentional, but still funny now that I think about it. Hope you are well.
  20. C. Andrew Dunning

Count truss objects

Wow...a height joke... ;-)
  21. willofmaine

First Hour with 2019 SP3: Productivity: 0%

Hi @JuanP and @SteveJ, Were you able to take a look at the above file and confirm the described issues? Thanks, Will
  22. Pat Stanford

Count truss objects

You are welcome. I figured the short version answer would be enough for you. 😉
  23. C. Andrew Dunning

Count truss objects

Thanks. I had the right word but wrong syntax...
  24. Kevin McAllister

Disappearing symbols geometry in HSVP (after SP4 update)

Matt, I've had issues with extrudes made from polylines not displaying correctly in section. When I converted the resulting extrude to a generic solid, the issue was resolved. Not sure if its related or not. There is a bug submission with an accompanying file that I submitted under my name if its helpful. Kevin
  25. Latest service pack yes@klinzey . Where do I "send to tech support", please? Edit: never mind, found it.
  26. Pat Stanford

Count truss objects

=Count
  27. Bit of a back to basics question, but are you able to add class overrides to viewports and have them apply to 3d objects? I've clicked around a bit, and I would like to have a hatch overlaid on my 3d objects, but while I've got an over-ride set up it doesn't seem to show in the viewport. Also, note that the fourth coloumn doesn't show an override icon... I don't know if that might be the problem?
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.