All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I just uploaded Vecorworks 24, and am unable to change the paper size when trying to print. There is only an option to Microsoft Print to PDF, and it will not allow anything larger than a tabloid. Am I missising an acrobat print to pdf aplication? If I try to change the printable size area, the pages don't stay at one page. Any help appreciated!
  3. Today
  4. Nope. VW lacks this functionality. Many of us have made many requests for a very many needed improvements in texture mapping controls.
  5. Yes, sort of. The dragger remains, or reappears, if Mode changes from #4 to #1. But if mode is toggled from #1 to #2 (or #3), then back to #1, the dragger disapparates (nod to H. Potter & Co.) Still a bug, but can workaround easily. -B
  6. Yesterday
  7. This isn’t in a viewport, it’s directly around the hardscape object in the design layer.
  8. @Cody Worthmanˆif you mean the red diagonal striped box, that tells you the state of that viewport needs refreshing
  9. How do I turn off the candy cane stripe? It's not related to updating the site model. I unchecked show slope A. & slope B, but I am still getting the box around the object.
  10. Hello Raymond! What I want to do is: I have a selection of 2D-Objects. Each Object will get a shadow-Polygone. If these Polygons overlap they should be combined into one polygone. So I apply the AddSurface() Function to each combination of objects. To ease the process I skip Objects that have already been merged. And I believe to be able to keep track of the handle of the merged objects I have to only apply the AddSurface() Function when the objects actually intersect. This is what that part of the code looks like: FOR iOBJ:= 1 TO totalOBJ DO IF NOT ( shadeOBJ[iOBJ] = NIL ) THEN FOR iOBJn:= 1 TO totalOBJ DO IF NOT ( shadeOBJ[iOBJ] = shadeOBJ[iOBJn] ) THEN BEGIN temphandle:= IntersectSurface(shadeOBJ[iOBJ],shadeOBJ[iOBJn]); IF NOT ( temphandle = NIL ) THEN BEGIN DelObject(temphandle); shadeOBJ[iOBJ]:= AddSurface(shadeOBJ[iOBJ],shadeOBJ[iOBJn]); shadeOBJ[iOBJn]:= NIL; END; END; I'm not a professional programmer and there are probably much more efficient ways to do this. I guess I could separate the Objects into chunks first.
  11. Correct. We have our own and unique building act, building code and regulatory system. We share some standards with Australia, but that's it. Our code clauses quite often modify these standards to make them relevant to our conditions. Sapphire has been regionalised so it outputs loading code compliance to AS/NZS1170, Framecad was developed here to provide steel framing to our standards - the NASH steel framing manual is basically a steel frame version of our standard for timber framed buildings - NZS3604:2011. The date is pertinent as it was revised after the Canterbury earthquakes. In terms of outputting loading codes; NZS3604 is basically a dummies guide to building a house that automatically complies with AS/NZS1170. I.e. floor joist is this long, has a roof load = use this size timber at this spacing. Buildings out of scope with this standard is when engineering is needed. The calcs must be signed off by a chartered professional engineer - this is enshrined in legislation through the building act an the chartered professional engineers act. This is just our rules in a little country at the bottom of the world. I can only image that's it's just as unique and complex in other countries or even between states.
  12. Whether you do it, or the engineers in the Mothership do it, it could potentially take a very long time to execute. For objects that have multiple intersection points, returning the answer(s) could also be quite unwieldy. Can you describe more specifically what you are trying to achieve? Some problems are much easier to solve than others. Trying to solve all possible combinations of all possible intersections is usually reason for finding a workaround or another approach. All the best, Raymond
  13. Now I see it! I didn't realize you were copying to an already existing database row. I'll write up a bug report. Until it gets fixed (no guarantee when that will be) you'll have to first right click on the row header, choose spreadsheet, then paste.
  14. If you clear the content of those new database header rows, and now try to copy the first row into those empty database header rows, it will start offsetting.
  15. I wonder if this is another Mac OS update issue. Can you post a file to test?
  16. It works correctly if you copy it to a new empty cell. It doesn't work if you copy it to an existing database header cell.
  17. Hello all, I'm having an issue with a recent project. I've drawn everything in 3d wireframe with Solid fills turned on in the object attributes. Recently, my files have started glitching when switching between views - shaded, wireframe, etc. I've restarted both the program and my macbook a few times and the issue keeps coming back Any thoughts on a solve? Macbook Pro 2021 Mac OS 14.2.1 VW 2024 with design suite, renderworks: SP4.1
  18. it's been like this already for good few years 🙁 ... at least that is our experience
  19. They should get rid of that. When editing I can't add any additional elements to the cabinet unless I reselect that icon. seems like a lot of steps for such a simple tool.
  20. Here's the file. I am just copying the one database header row and pasting it into another (blank) database header row that's already created. test 1.vwx
  21. I believe that countries other than the U.S. (and it’s territories) do not use the IBC (or IRC), at least according to the ICC. ICC Overview of the International Building Code So, no there is not one ‘international’ building code — despite the name.
  1. Load more activity