All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. When copying one database header row to another row, the data in the columns are shifted to the right by one row. See the image: - Row 2 is copied/pasted to row 5 using cmd+c and cmd+v - Data from column A is shifted to B, B -> C, etc... However, if the row is copied by option dragging, then the columns stay in place.
  3. Seems my organization's server is blocking this. What is the website so that I can fix this with my IT people?
  4. The other day, a friend hit me up for some set design ideas (not my field of expertise) – nothing too fancy, just throwing around some concepts. I figured it was the perfect opportunity to give this new AI a whirl. With ChatGPT's help, we quickly brainstormed some decent prompts to get the creative juices flowing. Here's how it went down: started with basic graphics, think lions and sunsets, then imagined them on a small theater stage. Sure, there's tons more that could jazz up the set, but these initial ideas got the ball rolling. How about you? Any cool experiences mixing AI into your creative process?
  5. Oh interesting!! I'm glad you found a work around. If you could post a VWX that demonstrates the issue with schematic views, that would be much appreciated!
  6. So I managed to make the required file size and accompanying high res image but when I upload them to VW for the icon it shows up as a red x. It no longer shows the error of wrong file size but accepts the image and fails to show it.
  7. I see it in both Re-position + Translate + Rotate modes. Can't recall if bug has already been filed
  8. Actually if you change modes while the dragger is set to Re-position mode it happens for me too. Move it off reposition mode and it resets (graphic attached. reposition mode is the one with the arrow, move it to the other one). Definitely a bug. Kevin
  9. What OS and Vectorworks version are you using? It looks like a bug. I'm on a Mac (current versions of both) and don't see the same behaviour. The only difference I can see is you've dismissed the interactive scaling warning dialog (see attached). Kevin
  10. In Vectorworks 2023, is there a way to adjust a texture map in one direction only? For example, if a map shows an oval instead of a circle it would be simple to stretch the map in one direction. Other 3D apps I work with have this fundamental feature, but it seems to be missing from Vectorworks. It is crazy that I can't do it. Am I missing something simple? Thanks, MHBrown
  11. Today
  12. Thanks for the answer. In this case I would have to convert a large amount of objects into lines and then check each line with each line of every other object. I'm not an expert at programming but that sounds like it would take even longer than creating the intersection object and deleting it again. It would be great if Vectorworks could add a command that just checks for the intersection.
  13. I think I saw posts about this but can't find them now. I think it just affects Disabled Interactive Scaling Mode (i.e. the 3D Dragger is only present when it's not meant to be in this mode). It is a bug but I only use Unrestricted Interactive Scaling Mode so have never experienced it myself.
  14. Hi @Letti R, Of course your folders are nested. Why would life be easy? The way to get the first folder is to look at everything in the Symbol Library and skip the symbols. Here are two Pascal routines that will return a handle to the First SymFolder. Hopefully you can convert them to Python easily. If not, write back and I can help. function FSymFolder :Handle; { Get a handle to the First Symbol Folder in the Symbol Library. } { 19 Apr 2024 - Raymond Mullin } Const SymFolderType = 92; Var SymHnd :Handle; Begin SymHnd := FSymDef; { Symbol or Folder } if (SymHnd <> nil) then while (GetTypeN(SymHnd) <> SymFolderType) do SymHnd := NextObj(SymHnd); FSymFolder := SymHnd; End; { FSymFolder } The same routine using ForEachObjectInList(). function FSymFolder :Handle; { Return a handle to the First Symbol Folder in the Symbol Library if one exists, otherwise return NIL. } { 19 Apr 2024 - Raymond Mullin } Const SymFolderType = 92; Var FldrHnd :Handle; function isFolder(H :Handle) :Boolean; Begin if (GetTypeN(H) = SymFolderType) then FldrHnd := H; isFolder := FldrHnd <> nil; { return True to stop } End; { isFolder } Begin { FSymFolder } FldrHnd := nil; { Folder handle } ForEachObjectInList(isFolder, 0, 0, FSymDef); { All objects, Shallow } FSymFolder := FldrHnd; End; { FSymFolder } Finding the Next Symbol Folder is similar to finding the first, but you start looking using a handle to the next object after the first Symbol Folder. Raymond
  15. Can y'all explain this behavior then? Why does part of the mode bar change? And then never go back? And why does the gray handle never disappear after I go to the transform mode once, but isn't present initially? New error.mov
  16. In the Graphical Calculation section of the VS Function Reference there are a number of intersect functions (Line-Line, Line-Circle, Line-Elipse, ellipse-elipse). Convert a copy of your objects to lines and then check if any of the lines intersect.
  17. I found the problem. Schematic views are ceating this bug. To fix the bug you need to have the schematic view in a closed design layer. Do you think this can be fixed ? I have schematic view in all my drawings for vertical position. Thanks
  18. I’ve been using this program since 2016. I think there have been 3 significant graphic overhauls in that time. This latest one is the most disruptive with the least upside. It’s the equivalent of turning half the light switches in your home upside down and then reassigning half of those to unrelated functions. You can still turn the lights on, but every time you do it you have to think about how to use the ubiquitous switch for its unique situation. Sometimes up turns on the light, sometimes down. In one room, the switch turns on the air conditioning, in another it opens the garage door. The last time I protested is when they updated the icons to have an overly 3D look. Now the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction to the point of making them even harder to distinguish. That’s a lot of changes to icons in very few years. That makes it hard for people to learn the program and antiquated training materials. I don’t mean to be overly critical, but this doesn’t appear to be the work of an experienced UI designer. The human interaction side of things has seemingly been ignored. Hard to see, hard to find, increased movement needed to access common tools are not improvements. A few releases ago, the redesign of the Color Selector to eliminate the color wheel is simply criminal. To be fair, the creation of the Smart Options a while back is a great example of good UI design. we get it, software changes over time, but a lot of these changes in recent years feel like introducing a new color to an old jalopy that really needs a new motor.
  19. Thank you both for the excellent suggestions. @BartHays I would need to go to VW remedial summer school (not a bad idea....) to be able to make something useful with Marionette. @VIRTUALENVIRONS, I will use your excellent model in the meantime. -C
  20. Hello In layer organisation and layer definition mask there is a new option to enable and set georeference. When importing geo-referenced esri shape data the layer to which the data is imported is set to be geo-referenced. Assigning by vectorscript (python) objects from the shape import to newly created destination layers - layers also created by vectorscript those newly created destination layers are not geo-referenced. I can check if the source layer is geo-referenced by vs.IsGeoreferenced(layer_handle) but I am not able to set/enable the newly created destination layers to be geo-referenced. It seems that the the function vs.SetGISLayer(layer_new_handle) does "nothing". Maybe vs.SetGISLayer is not the correct function, but I can not find any other function or Layer-Settings-Option/Selectors that would accomplish this. Many thanks for any idea.
  21. click the calculator looking icon first !!
  22. If ESC file is also not working for you, I would suggest posting your VWX here for us to investigate. In the meantime, you can focus them inside of Vision itself. I find the arrow key workflow to be the easiest. Just make sure the "focus" is in the view pane so that the arrow keys aren't navigating the Properties / Scene Graph Palettes. https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2024/Vision/2024_Vision/Vision/Focusing_conventional_lighting_devices.htm
  23. I think the point is two fold, the evolution from MiniCAD 1.0 was most just that 'evolutionary.' I think there was one other major exception. The other thing I point out is that one of the key sales points for VWX is that it is very customizable. The new GUI is not. The users asked for incremental change and got revolutionary change. I have been using the new GUI since the first beta. Maybe even an alpha version.I still hunt for things and find some of the icons inscrutable. I am frustrated with some of the placements. I have all of the typographic controls turned off, but that leaves unused real estate and I can't move things I use around. It can only get better and hopefully it will
  24. The new cabinet tool does not allow customization of component heights. See image. I have 3 elements in a tall cabinet and I am unable to control the height of them. I am only able to have an equal height for all. How do I change this?
  25. Like this, screenshots from a phone video. The black "curtain" travels down the screen a few times before crash. Both different Intel and AMD machines and Win 10/11 OS's. This is a bit rarer than the sudden exit crash, though.
  1. Load more activity