All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. C. Andrew Dunning

Parametric theater flat?

LOL!
  3. ASagatovVW

Older versions of VW on older OSX

@Jim Smith Vectorworks 2008 was last officially supported on 10.6. Vectorworks 12 was last officially supported on 10.5; however, we had reports of it running on 10.6 without significant issues.
  4. loretta.at.large

Callouts with Multiple Leader Lines - Line Thickness Issue

Hi @RGyori I currently have mine set to "Good Performance and Compatibility." So far, changing this setting hasn't seemed to help. You can see my specs below. We use VWX Landmark in our office.
  5. _James

"Layers from selection not found" Error

Great - that sorted it out! All sheet layers have kept their names now. Sadly this still persists - not the end of the world but it's quite annoying.
  6. Jim W

new macbook pro Hardware advice

So it worked REALLY well on a MBP if the GPU the MBP had included was already weak like the Intel options the 13" models had. But I saw very little change in actual performace when i added an external GPU to a MBP that had a decent GPU already inside it. The detriment you get to performance over thunderbolt 3 is minimal compared to older cords, but it still existed. Also, High sierra eGPU support is really rough, a LOT of manual poking can get you there if youre persistant, but it was a headache. Mojave compatibility was basically plug and play, but came with the limit to AMD cards only, and even then a small selection of them. That said, the new 15" MBPs have solid graphics choices for a laptop honestly, bringing in the 8core CPUs finally is a nice change as well. My work now has me on windows-only, but I still plan to keep an eye on the Silver Side.
  7. Nikolay Zhelyazkov

- merge is recommended - This should not be the case. If I manage to reproduce this I will be able to see what is causing this, but without being able to reproduce it, I am not sure what could be causing it.
  8. Jim W

The public chart, but it doesnt go back far enough: This will give you a list of the macs and OS versions that work together: https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility Tech support has an official chart with the results that they tested directly, they can give you specifics about the older versions. I'm fairly certain 12.5.3 was compatible with the last PowerPC CPus but I cannot recall. (Old habits die hard, lol)
  9. _James

Service Pack 3 also - strange! I am going to try and replicate it again. When prompted with a resource name confilct "Title block sheet data" do you replace the format or merge formats? This works (thank you!) but when I close the file and VW and reopen, I have to do the same thing again. Will I have to do this every time I open the file or is something still wrong?
  10. michaelk

Parametric theater flat?

Has anyone created a parametric theater flat object? Seems like something @C. Andrew Dunning might have done while waiting for a plane to board.
  11. Andrew Mac

lighting for interior rooms

Thought this might be the best place to go for lighting ideas- I am creating lighting fixtures for an interior room- It is a chandelier with 8 downlights- What is the best way to represent this? Do I use spot, point light or directional light and typically what level would I use?
  12. Nikolay Zhelyazkov

I am not able to reproduce this in VW2019 Service Pack 3. Which service pack of VW2019 are you using?
  13. Nikolay Zhelyazkov

@_James, Maybe you do not have the desired layers selected? Try this: 1) Open Title Block Manager 2) Open Select Sheets to Use and select the files and layers you wish to work with from the TBManager 3) Close the Manager with OK to save the selection change 4) Open the Manager again and you should not see this dialog unless you have renamed/deleted any of the layers/files from the selection
  14. _James

Version 2016 file attached - although it's not really the problem i'm trying to solve. 086.300_2016.vwx But my workflow for this happening was: - Open 2016 file in 2019 and convert - Convert 'old' title block to new one - Open title block manager and batch change title block by selecting all sheets to use and selecting different style at the top of the window to our newly made title block (completely made from scratch in 2019)
  15. Today
  16. _James

Hi @Nikolay Zhelyazkov, I know, but i'm getting the same error message where the layers are not found, see below: Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated!
  17. Cory Pattak

NEW- Vision online training seminar

I agree. I actually had no idea this was happening, didn't get any kind of email or anything. Since it seems to just have been announced Tuesday, I assume most people will want/need to watch on demand. Hopefully that can be possible. But 2.5 hours on Vision sounds like a great chunk of time to go through things. Excited to watch. Cory
  18. Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hello @_James, - This was specifically for Svinder. I do not see this in the file you have attached. As for the losing of Sheet Titles, could you attach the initial v2016 file that you started with so that I could try to reproduce the losing of Sheet Titles and see what has caused it? I see nothing wrong in your Title Block and that is why I am not sure what could have caused the losing of Sheet Titles. Best Regards, Nikolay Zhelyazkov
  19. Jim Smith

Thanks @Mark Mosher , I use a 3yro MacBook Pro running 10.13.6 & VW 2019 right now for 99% of my work. The older macbook is to open older files in their original format. I also have a client (a millwork shop) who asks me from time to time to give him files in Vectorworks 10 (I know, perhaps he should also update from Windows 98!). Not being able to use most websites from the old MacBook is a bit of a pain, so I was thinking of updated the OS, but the idea of losing the ability to run some older versions of VW has me on the horns of a dilemma.
  20. Simple request... If in the Navigation Palette, I opt to sort layers by name, it would be incredibly useful if cmd up/down arrow scrolled through the layers as listed and not by stacking order.
  21. _James

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov , could you elaborate on this a little please? I'm having the same issue but i'm not sure what you mean by "you have Title Block Border object inside the layout of another Title Block Border object, which is not recommended at all. You should simply put text block objects in the layout and link them to the title block data." We have at title block border that contains only 'text in title block' objects and some lines. The file is converted from VW2016 and we've made a new title block rather than convert the old one. The new titleblock is on all the sheets in the drawing - sadly the sheet titles were lost during this process though and now all have the same name! TEST FILE_TBB.vwx
  22. Lightwright

Position Summary / Minimum Circuits needed

Lightwright can do it, under Reports, choose "Minimum qty of circuits needed in each Position". If you want to put it on the VW drawing, either send it to the clipboard or send it to the Report window and then copy that window's contents, then paste into a text object in Vectorworks.
  23. Markvl

Custom Titleblocks

Wow at first glance this looks great @Andy Broomell. I'll dig into it when I got some time. Thanks.
  24. Andrew Mac

Using light in light fixtures

I am trying to create multi-light fixtures for a room something with 5 arms and have a downlight for each of the 5 pendants. Not sure what type of light to use to get the best effect. Any suggestion for adding light to a light fixtures to get realistic scenery
  25. mjm

Cutting in to a Solid Subtraction

Anyone know when this change occured?
  26. Judy Cosgrove

Custom Titleblocks

YAY! thanks Andy!
  27. RGyori

Callouts with Multiple Leader Lines - Line Thickness Issue

Hmmm... might it be related to the old go-to: VW Preferences > Display > Navigation Graphics setting?
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.