All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ptoner

macOS Mojave (10.14) Compatibility

And also Network issues with your server. SMB or AFP and the naming of shared folders on the networked drive can also cause you beachballs.
  3. SVA Architects

VW 2019 and Mojave need better graphics and CPU. Beach ball is mainly graphics card related. Close all other windows including Safari, Preview and Mail. Try running no other apps at all apart from VW and it will be somewhat better until you upgrade the Mac
  4. Cadplan Architecture

window sill and glazing bar glitches

We can but live in hope, but time is finite. I'll post about the crappy door tool separately!
  5. Wes Gardner

@Cadplan Architecture, best I can do is submit a bug report and mark it "Priority." I've been told that if users submit bugs it helps to bump them up the list???
  6. Cadplan Architecture

I've tried various settings of the sill, you can get it to extend correctly as yours shows in the wall but if you pull it out then it all goes to pot no matter what you do. It's almost as if there is some association between the sill and the wall. Can we get this looked at as a priority please because after so many pricey upgrades to have something so basic still not working is not good?
  7. Lightwright

Position Summary / Minimum Circuits needed

You're right - Lightwright calculates circuit needs based on the dimmer assigned to each light. With today's proliferation of LEDs, dimmer doubling, and other things that make it all complicated, it is usually more complicated than what you're looking for. No doubt Vectorworks has a better way of doing what you need, though I don't know how it calculates the circuit totals without dimmer numbers.
  8. jblock

Student License Not Activating...

@Amanda B Roberts hmmm, that is very strange. Can you contact our Tech team directly so we can troubleshoot on your machine? tech@vectorworks.net
  9. Today
  10. Wes Gardner

@Cadplan Architecture...wish I had an explanation for you 😞
  11. zoomer

Curtain Wall Tool

You can make one"Horizontal" CW to have only a single field over the whole length, while the "Vertical" CW having only 1 top and 1 bottom bar. De/activate top/bottom/side bars for each CW accordingly to not get duplicate geometry. As long as it is a single field, the horizontal bars will not get interrupted.
  12. TKA

sane set up, I am getting beach balls when selecting drawing label in annotations, also anytime I touch some of the parametric objects like table with chairs getting it to, sometimes I return to viewport and info box is still showing table as seated object. But its not consistent, still trying to figure out what causes it.
  13. Mike Lamb

Pad Modifiers disappearing

I exported it back to 2018 for you. Let me know if this works! EXE CR59 v2018.vwx
  14. Andrew Pollock

I have been running 2019sp3.1 on Mojave for a few weeks. Lately Im getting a lot of beach balls when I'm in the annotation layers on files that have used a lot of transparent objects. This did not happen on the same files before I updated. Has anybody else noticed an issue?
  15. Amanda B Roberts

Hey Joseph. This did not work! So sorry to bug you guys with this...
  16. chrispolo

Sun Path Diagram

Hello everyone, Is it possible to display sun path in 3D?
  17. I've imported some 3D Objects that are set to be used in a project. However, these objects are made off of 23'000 3D Polys, which makes them impossible to use in a VW file. Is there a way you can recommend me in order to clean the geometry up and import a clean volume into the project? I imported the object into a separate blank file to avoid lags.
  18. Cadplan Architecture

Hmm, odd.The sill appears on the brick side same but if you pull it out of the wall the sill flips, the Settings screenshot also shows this.
  19. chrispolo

All 2D and 3D Curved edges are jagged.

Hello Louis, Try this: Go to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > 3D and check the quality of the 3D conversion resolution Also, try to review your graphics card settings there's a thread where you can find the best settings for Nvidia graphics cards.
  20. Amanda B Roberts

I will give it a shot! Thanks Joseph for your time!
  21. JuanP

Site-Protection Server

@designosaur the other users only need to install Vectorworks, using the serial# provided by our UK office.
  22. Wes Gardner

@Cadplan Architecture, typically in the States, casements and awnings open out, hoppers open in. In my sketch above, the sill is on the brick side of the wall, the casements are opening out. Wes
  23. Cadplan Architecture

The sill is not quite right on that Wes as the lip appears to be on the opposite side of the opening casements. Could it be the case that US windows open into the building?
  24. Phileas

Curtain Wall Tool

@Wes Gardner I was thinking of making two separate curtain walls running parallel next to each other, I think that's gonna get me where I want to be. I understand why there is no such "make horizontals continuous" checkbox as that is not the type of thing you'd model in a typical curtain wall, but I'd certainly be an appreciated option! Thanks for you answer 🙂
  25. Wes Gardner

Curtain Wall Tool

@Phileas, yep that's the way the Curtain Wall tool was programmed - to simulate how curtain walls are typically built (with the verticals running continuous and the horizontals broken by the verts...) no way I know to change that (although I have asked for a "Make Horizontals Continuous" button" Dunno if you'll get any joy from the Railing/Fence Tool?? As a workaround, you may be able to do just verticals with the Curtain Wall tool and then go back and "place" horizontally modeled objects on the wall. Wes
  26. Wes Gardner

@Cadplan Architecture, there's a file called "Window Sill test.vwx" in the post regarding sills. Hope that helps. Dunno if this is part of it but I DID set up the sill first BEFORE defining the custom sash's attributes. Wes
  27. JustinVH

CL - B type link bars

@Brent.A Is is possible to post a video so I can see what you are experiencing? You can DM me if you wish.
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.