All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Kohli

Japanese Font Issue VW 2019 Mac Version

@Pat Stanford Thanks for the reply Pat. I'm not very familiar with the encoding of fonts and how it works, but if I understand you correctly, the font shouldn't print (or pdf) but on the contrary, I can make a pdf of the single sheet using print command; but it doesn't work for the publishing. Is there a way to define which font should it replace for only unsupported characters, but keep using the same for supported characters. I can, of course, use a different font but that's not what we want to do.
  3. Today
  4. Phileas

Pad Modifiers disappearing

@Mike Lamb yeah right I'm on VW2018 Here's the screen recording showing exactly what I explained. I've already redrawn a few of the modifiers, like the one I show in the beginning that shows the adjustment handles. Problem.mov And here's the file: EXE CR59.vwx
  5. I have a worksheet with a column which has some colored cells (contents are calculated from other areas of worksheet if relevant). Is there a way to use say an IF to test if a cell is a given color and add it to a total? There don't seem to be any functions dealing with accessing worksheets. VW 2012 SP4, Win64
  6. Pat Stanford

Saved View Navigation

Use the PlugIn Editor under the Tools:Plugins menu. Create a new Command. Edit the Script. For the script enter: VRestore('Name of Saved View to Restore'); obviously change the string to be the name of your saved view. Then add that command to your workspace and add a keyboard shortcut using the Workspace editor. Take a look at this thread for more information, and ask again if you need more help.
  7. Jim Smith

Older versions of VW on older OSX

Update: I've just read on an Apple Forum that Power PC applications won't work past OS 10.6 & I assume that older Vectorwoks 12 through VW 2008 or 2009 will not run. Is this correct?
  8. Jim Smith

Older versions of VW on older OSX

I have a 2010 MacBook Pro that runs OSX 10.6.8 that I've been reluctant to update to a newer OS as I don't know if things like VW 2008 or VW 12 will run with a newer OS. My Question is; how "new" an OS can I install and still run these older versions of the software?
  9. I'm trying to create a report - either in VW2019 or LW6 that lists minimum number of circuits per position. It seemed the "insert position summary" in VW would do this, I managed to do it for a position initially, but now all I get is "a script error occured - and the error output says there's a "right bracket expected" If I can format it in a way to position on the plot, I would do it with position summary - if it were working - or a report, or a LW report. What's the best way to do this? I only have channels assigned - no dimmers - trying to save the M.E. some time by giving him a count for what they need for each position.
  10. Jim Smith

THIS SPELL CHECK DOESN'T WORK

@lgoodkind Add this to the wish list, so we can vote this up. I've just re-listed a spelling related issue.
  11. The Spell Check File should be able to be imported from one iteration of the programme to another. With each new iteration of the programme, additions to the spell check need to be re-added to the spell check, not just regional issues such as Colour & Centre but common abbreviations like D1, D2 et cetera, et cetera.
  12. When dealing with files imported from others it would be super handy to have and Edit Class option at the top of the list similar to New Class.
  13. Hi everyone, I'm currently doing planting design and found the figure showing different direction. I've attached a screenview. It only started this morning. The same figure was normal yesterday. Could anyone explain what happened and how to fix? Thank you!
  14. Bex000

Help Needed: Coloured 2D Trees?

Question.. Can you have colour on mass planted trees, when the original symbol came from the Black and White library? Thanks BEX
  15. This continues to be a problem for me. I have an external monitor, and when I disconnect my MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar from that monitor my workspace layout goes away. The only way to get it back is to manually reset the palette locations and sizes. The way Vectorworks manages workspaces is completely opposite of how every other app does this. I want to be able to create a workspace for my "big" monitor, and one for my "small" monitor. I switch back and forth and they stay as I have set them. There should be a modify workspace command, and a "save changes" command.
  16. Yesterday
  17. I've noticed that if I use a callout and then add multiple leader lines.... but then later decide to change the line thickness, only the original leader line thickness changes. The added ones still have the same thickness as when the additional leader line was created. Has anyone else had this issue or noticed it as a problem? Attached is an example. It's not a huge problem, but it's still annoying to have to delete the additional leader lines and then redraw them.
  18. apStudio149

Vectorworks 19 Font List

Thanks for doing that list @KGreenmun nice simple reference, was going to make my own but you saved me the time ūüôā
  19. Is there any chance of this being available 'on demand'? Unfortunately, I'm working all day on the 23rd.
  20. gettinalllandscapey

Circles in Circle

Thanks Marissa, much appreciated!
  21. Mike Lamb

Pad Modifiers disappearing

Hi Phileas, any chance you could attach your file here, and post a short screen capture video of your workflow? You're on 2018, right?
  22. anarablehill

Assign an object values

Thanks for your reply! I created 2D symbols. With your help I was able to do the following: I made a record I can apply to symbols that can automatically assign it to new inserted symbols. Now I'd like to create one sheet to show more than one record. I'd also like to only show the total for the sheet and not each item. (2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc) Do I need to show zero values? I added them so there would be a column whether there is an ingredient value or not since more symbols will be added later.
  23. Boh

I posted it on a similar thread on Tues 21 (maybe 20th for you).
  24. michaelk

Cutting in to a Solid Subtraction

Nope. The 2018 vwx won't open on the professional version either. The .dwf imports as nothing but lines in 3D space.
  25. eary157

Torch123.dwf
  26. eary157

Hope this work better Torch v2018.vwx
  27. lgoodkind

Boh, Could you please send your worksheet? I'd like to know how to get callout content in a worksheet. Thanks
  28. ASagatovVW

Render Texture not showing when in symbol

@Ben Wingrove Any chance I could get a copy of the example file shown in the screenshots? I believe I have created a similar setup on my end, but I am not getting this result. For what its worth, at least in our default Render Style White Model, I don't see textures at all (even if its just on an extrude). I have a feeling that in order to replicate this, I will need a specific texture / render settings.
  1. Load more activity

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

√ó