Did the construction business stopped using Nails ??

Hi all,

I have been doing some 1:5 details and I've found myself using loads of screws from the toolsets (architecture) but I cannot for the life of me find Nails, so I'm guessing that the industry left the nails in the bin and stopped using them or just Vectorworks doesn't like nails?? 

I use the screw tool to simulate the nail but never gives the proper look of a nail I know you can make your own symbol but is it that hard to give also the option to make the Nail part of those same tools as the screws??

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I prefer to think of VWX as a big picture tool. Rather than drawing screws and nails you would have to include adhesives. I keep that stuff in the notes if needed. I also have a long standing policy to insist that the contractor take responsibility for their work. and if a roofer wants to a hammer and another wants a nail gun then OK. Just do-it the best way.

In any case if you built files and included nails you would need a super computer to work with the files.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, rjtiedeman said:

I prefer to think of VWX as a big picture tool. Rather than drawing screws and nails you would have to include adhesives. I keep that stuff in the notes if needed. I also have a long standing policy to insist that the contractor take responsibility for their work. and if a roofer wants to a hammer and another wants a nail gun then OK. Just do-it the best way.

In any case if you built files and included nails you would need a super computer to work with the files.

While true, i'm not talking about the nails in 3D i'm talking about the tool that provides the screws in 2D, and just saying that it could have the option for nails which was and still is the most common used. 

Although as everything in VW you design your own and keep it in the vectorworks personal/company library.

I have built 3D proof of concept mockups that included screws. When the 3D stereolithography models came back we used real screws to assemble the parts. The 3D fakes were used to get quotes from vendors and discuss assembly issues with the team. It was one product not a building. We would never waste our budget on building unnecessary parts into our drawings.

• Like 2