annimation crashes

Hunter B

I finally just stopped the process... I render as much as it gives me then do it again from the failure point... then I go in and edit the two,three,or four short annmations together... it sure is a pain.

Does anybody from VW know anything else about the problem??

We haven't heard a word from you guys in a couple of weeks...are you guys still trying to solve this??

I read with interest these animation crash problem. Over a year ago I tried to create a reasonably complex animation and I couldn't get it to render more than 16 frames. Imagine my dissapointment when I bought a Dual 1Ghz Power Mac with 1.5Ghz of ram and was getting consistent memory error problems.

I gave the file to a VW beta tester who had comments about object grouping, the amount of lights in the animation, and that the model was simply too complex. (The reason I bought the package was to do complex rendered animations).

Luckily the animation was for my CV and I didn't have a client waiting for a final product.

Anyway it all got too hard.

Now I see that C4D (and plugin) is the proposed animation and rendering solution. It looks like it got too hard for Nemetschek to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There Guys !

I've been reading about your problem and have to say I have the same ? I have rendered some scary designs but have just in the last two weeks run in to the hanging problem ? I do not get any error messages ? VectorWorks 10.2 just hangs on me !

I am from South Africa and $600 is like 6,000 rand in local curency (my months salary) ? so I need VectorWorks to create my animation ? Not another program !

Hoping, No PRAYING for a solution !

Couple thoughts on this - for what they are worth:

Would undo levels have anything to do with this?

Also it sounds like interaction of light sources on the objects is imperitive gauging from the descriptions above. However, if this is not the case, one big breakthrough that occurred to me awhile back is that you have a virtual movie studio with your computer complete with motion control. This enables you to perform several "less complicated" passes that can be composited later in Quicktime Pro.

However, such a solution is not ideal as of yet (at least with Renderworks 9) as no alpha channel can be made requiring the user to use color mattes - which gets tricky. (thumbs up for alpha channels in future versions!)

Granted, only a possible workaround in the least, but thought I'd throw that out.

Continued luck in solving it!

It's been being looked into per my comments on the board.

If it's fixed in VW, it's not going to be a single patch. When it is fixed, it will be in one of the updates for the future.

I can't speculate as to when it will be fixed or in an update until the final version is available to the public.