renderworks :(

Jershaun

Hi

The only important and notable problem I had with VW/RW 10.0.1 was that I was getting hard edged shadows (ray traced shadows) using ?mapped shadows? when I turned ?use transparency? on. This is the only bug fix I cared about. I did not notice a bug fix in the 10.1 list. [Mad] Please correct me if I am wrong.

I waited patiently for the bug fix while I listened to excuses in the forums. Other programs using the LightWorks rendering engine don?t seem to have this amount of problems. In fact TurboCAD, which uses more or less the same engine has more control of shadows than VW/RW.

NNA seems to have taken the core VW package close to the limit (2D and 3D) however they got a LONG, LONG, LONG way to go with the rendering capabilities. More engineering time should be devoted to enhancing that part of the program, which is extremely lacking.

Could someone at NNA tell me if renderworks is going to stagnate in the future or are there MAJOR improvements ahead? I don?t need details I just need to know whether I should wait or move onto other programs that can give me better results. [Confused]

Thanking you kindly.

Shaun