3D NPT threads

Since version 2021 or 2022: if you make a symbol of the 'hole - tapped' object then you can change al the made subtractions by editing the symbol. Ideal because you cant forget one. (Instead of going into the different solid substractions and having to edit them one by one)

Edited by Bas Vellekoop
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 12:34 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Take a look at the Hole Tapped (3D) in the Detailing Palette. It is accessed by Clicking and Holding on the Hole - Drilled menu option.

image.png.2ccf1b3a4880897ef0690051a74ff1a5.png

Pat - That's would be awesome if I could locate the HOLE-Tapped tool.   I doesn't appear in my tool sets.  Further when I go in to edit tool sets, I can't seem to locate that tool there either.  Can you point me in the right direction please?

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 10.35.35 AM.png

Edited by h2oRuler
Typo and addition of a file

Look in the Detailing Palette, not the BIM palette. If you are using a custom workspace you probably need to edit your workspace and add the tool.

Just took another look. It look like you are using the Architect-BIM workspace and the Hole-Drilled are not included in that workspace. Switch to the Architect or Designer workspace, it is there. If this is something you will need often and you like the BIM workspace, then go to the Workspace Editor and add Hole-Drilled to your workspace. 

While you are at it take a look at the other tools available in the standard Architect workspace and see if you want to add some of them also.