Window Wall Rendering

Kevin

I have a model with both curved glass windows and curved glass railings. The windows are created with the "Window Wall Tool". The curved glass railings are created witht the "Curved Wall Tool" I have assigned a glass texture to both.

When rendered, the glass railing looks as it should. However the curved glass windows are semi-opaque and speckeled.

I notice that in wireframe the two appear different as well. The window wall is full of vertical lines. The curved glass rail has no lines at all.

Rendering the Window Wall in glass is unacceptable. For now I have it render as a solid color which is a shame since the straight doors and windows look great in transparent glass.

Any ideas?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Kevin:

Are you rendering in a RW mode with NURBS turned on (Final RW or Custom with NURBS option checked)? There is a known bug where NURBS surfaces with reflective or transparent textures on them will render speckly. The workaround is to not use NURBS rendering when you are rendering these reflective or transparent objects. This bug will be fixed in a future version.

Hi Dave;

I had NURBS turned off. This is not the issue of dark speckles on a chrome sphere. There are multiple vertical elements showing. From my perspective it appears to be related to the appearance differences in wireframe mode.

In wireframe the Window Wall has hundreds of vertical lines. In contrast, a curved wall has none. The curved wall renders fine, but the Window Wall does not.

Thank you for your help.