Is there a way to convert staging back to the original polygon that described the space?

I've started using the create stage tool under event design in Spotlight. I can create a stage but if I want to go back to the original polygon and try a different configuration of platform sizes I can not see a way to do that.

Is it possible to go backwards other than using CTRL-Z to get back to where I started (and as a side effect undo changes I want to keep)?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hmm, good question, I don't think this is possible as create stage creates individual plugs and decks. If it created  a plug in object like the seating section tool then you would be able to edit the boundary and copy and paste the original shape. 

It is a single executable command. If you want to be a bit more free form consider just using an extrude and then edit with the pushpull tool.

If you need the 2d shpe back to create a floor or whatever here is a workaround...

• 2 weeks later...