dxf import

nsporleder1

If you are referring to line color, you may have checked the black and white only option in the import dialog box.

If you are referring to obejcts themselves as far as fille, that's another story.

Are the objects 2d or 3d objects?

3D Objects will a solid color will not show thier true color until rendering.

2d objects should show thier color at all times.

What version of VW are you using?

What version dxf file was used for the import ?

Hi Katie,

Thanks for the reply.

I am on VW/RW 9.0.0. I did not check the black and white only option, but when importing the file, at the point where I am asked (when checking the point whether Colors shd be mapped to line weight) to chose a line weight, only colors black/white show up.

I am importing 3D objects.

The objects I download from 3dcafe.com, in this case I tried several cars. All of them just show up as black/white models when rendering. What version the dxf file is, I don't know.

I unstuff the .exe-files with stuffit expander, that does it, but maybe that's the problem, that the file doe not get converted properly...

The problem you are having is more than likely because you are using VW 9.0.0.

You should contact customer service at 888-646-4223 or sales@nemetschek.net to have an update VW 9 CD sent to you.

When importing, there is a dialog box that pops up called DXF DWG Import Options.

Under the second tab, Graphic Attributes, make sure you have map line weights to colors selected and not black and white only.

Also make sure in the first tab you select import 3d only.

If you still have problems, email the file to me at tech@nemetschek.net and put Attn: Katie in the subject line. I'll import it into VW 9.5.3 and email it back to you until you get the VW 9.5.3 install CD.