different heliodon times for different viewports?

The way I do it is to have 13 or so Heliodons set to 1.5 hour intervals throughout the day all on a single 'sun' layer then control which one I want to be on in each VP via the 'Visualization' palette. I have this layer as a standard so can import it into any file along with the heliodons

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Here is my personal suggestion. Go ahead and create multiple Heliodon objects, each with different times. Put them in a class for better organization.
Create multiple viewports of your scene. While selecting a viewport, check out your visualization palette. You'll find multiple heliodon objects and from there, just turn off the ones you don't need.  I am attaching an image for clarification. Let us know if this works for you.

Multiple heliodons.jpg

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Kevin Allen said:

would you do this via the Visualization Palette, or by selecting what class is visible in the Viewport using the OIP with the Viewport selected? I would think the latter.

I find the Visualization Palette quicker + easier than doing it by class. I leave all my Heliodons in None as I could see no benefit to assigning them elsewhere but I have them on their own dedicated design layer so I can disable them easily. In fact I tend to have that layer invisible all the time except for in VPs.

• Like 2