Insert Symbol Dropdown - Find Symbols With Record Attached in Resource Manager

Looking to replicate the dropdown menu similar to 'Lighting Device' or 'Truss' that searches all symbols in the Resource Manager with corresponding records attached. For those examples I see that there are 2 plugins (a Point Object and a Tool Object). Does anybody know what functions would point me in the right direction. I found CreateThumbnailPopup but I believe I would need to build that into a dialog instead of using the native symbol dropdown in VWX.

Right now I have a working version that prompts a text dropdown where you can select the Symbol name and that is inserted via:

PROCEDURE Symbol(
         symbolName      :STRING;
         pX,pY           :REAL;
         rotationAngle   :REAL);

But I am wanting more of a visible selection menu w/ thumbnails rather than just text.

image.thumb.png.33417ac44996a9688fb8d3dcfc145ea4.png

image.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The resource selector is done strictly using the folder structure, it does not filter external files by looking at the record.
I took a quick look and the resource selector is not currently available as an item you can add to the tool bar in a Vectorscript tool.
All the examples shown are from SDK tools.

• Like 1