Landscape area as texture bed turns whole site model to landscape area texture.

Question

As in title.

I have this happen often and then spend to much time undoing and redrawing the landscape areas.

My gut is that it has something to do with landscape areas that are fine to be sharing a border, but texture beds acting as sit modifiers not liking to share border lines?

Thoughts on what is happening here?

Screen recording:

When I "un-texture bed" landscape areas I will eventually find the offending object and can try and unstyle it or redraw it or just use it as a polygon only.

This doesn't happen for every landscape area -- and doesn't seem consistent (except that it always happens right before a screen share meeting with clients....) 

3 answers to this question

Just an additional note:

In the above file when I then tried again the texture covered the whole site model - unfortunately as expected.

BUT when I deleted the landscape area to redraw, the site model STAYED TEXTURED!

I had to delete every landscape area one by one and update the site model until it finally reset.

So it was the last landscape area that started the issue, but the site model kept displaying incorrectly until I have removed 4 additional landscape areas.

This obviously isn't a workflow that is even remotely efficient....

• Like 1

@hollister design Studio I have seen something similar, but in simpler file. Switching the LA to 3d Poly Instead of Texture  Bed made the terrain maintain its own texture. But, this is probably more of a workaround than a solution. 

Your idea that conflicting site mods is cause has some merit. I tried shrinking the LA. Just a little offset did not resolve. But shrinking to 75% or so made things behave. Obviously not a workable process, but illustrated a potential cause. 

Ultimately I could not track it further and went for the 3D poly mode. That said, I’m not sure why the Tbed is important when the poly mode accepts the texture.  Difference seems to be only that the 2D representation provides a fill. Or? 

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
Thumbs vs mouse
  • Like 1