Custom RW bug?

Marc

I just realized in order for custom RW to work I first have to render in final RW and then go to custom.

If I go directly to custom RW it gives me the results of final. If I do a save sheet it will render only in final RW. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Anyone else with the same problemo?

M

I just figured "something" out. CUSTOM RENDERWORKS can't deal with ANTI ALIASING and NURBS. Also if I make any changes to Custom RW i have to render in final quality and then go back to custom this is disappointing.If I have AA on in Custom then I get the right rendering in Final Quality but the Custom RW gives me something that looks like RW w/sahdows. In order to get the correct rendering I have to flip back and forth between FQ and Custom about a million times until finally something gives and I get the right rendering.

Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on and how all this works.

[ 10-05-2002, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Marc ]

Marc,

Custom RenderWorks default settings are set to Final RW settings.

If you go to View>rendering>Custom RenderWorks Options, you can change these settings such as anti-aliasing and nurbs, etc.

You can also change this in Doc preferences.

Please refer to the RenderWorks User's Guide on pages 2-5 and 6-3 for more information about Custom RenderWorks.

[ 10-07-2002, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Thanks for the quick reply Katie but , I know that I can set crw settings and that's what I'm talking about.

Can you please tell me why CRW can't deal with nurbs or anti aliasing and why I have to go through a cycle of CRW-FRW-CRW-FRW to finally get the render I need? Why when I have nurbs or anti aliasing or both on in CRW, FRW gives me a different rendering than when I have nurbs and anti aliasing or both off in CRW? Shouldn't FRW be consistent?

Also I've gone through the manual and there are no page numbers so .....

This is RW 9.? I'm refering to btw.

The lower right hand and lower left hand corners of the manual should have page numbers. You can also look in the help menu - RW help for Custom RenderWOrks.

In the CRW settings, you should have a checkmark box for Nurbs and Anti-Aliasing. Do you not?

You shouldn't have to go thru all of that to get what you want in rendering. The CRW should allow you to do all of what FQRW does, and change some of the settings.

I was refering to the pdf Help for RW as far as page numbers.

Yes I have the check boxes but.... something is definitely not functioning right.

I'm supper busy right now. I'll post some images up later today or tomorrow and try to show you what be happnin.

Again thanks for the quick replies.

M