make Data Tag text width adjustable using the handle (blue dot)

yasin2ray

Question

I have two reasons for this request:

1. I am trying to get my data tags that have a "horizontal position" to the Left to have the text be aligned to the right. The only way I can see to do this is to edit each Data Tag individually within the Settings. That's a lot of slow, inefficient work. I could instead adjust the alignment a bit using the width handle if it were possible.

2. I want to be able to adjust the overall width of the tag text to keep it on the sheet and adjust the number of lines of wrapped text.

[If you like this request, or any other, be sure to click the Vote icon, not the Like icon!]

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but for your number 1, why can't you just set the placeholder text inside the Data Tag definition to be Right Justified? What does that not give you? In the below sample, I put the right edge of the text where I wanted it to be and set the text block to be Right Justified.

image.png.4136435433f5afac5d5f29629c55f8d0.png

Because I don't want to have two of every Data Tag, one that has text right-justified and the other left-justified.

Edited by yasin2ray