Sign in to follow this  
Erik Buijs

Isolines in rendered views

Hi, I am doing some simple renderings in VW 9.5.1 on curved surfaces. And I can't get rid of these nasty isolines wich dominate the view. Does anyone know how to reduce the number of lines or better, how to remove them?

VW9.5.1 on PC

What type of curved surface objects are you working with?Are they nurbs surfaces, polygons, extrudes, or solid addition/subtractions?

What rendering mode are you using?

What do you mean by isolines?

Thank you both for answering. Sorry it took so long... work, you know. I will try the plug in gareth advised me. And Katie, when I said isolines, I actually ment the renderlines. I sometimes still use terms of AutoCad! Sorry!

Gareth, I tried to put the file in my menu. Downloading worked fine, however it doesn't work yet. It seems to be a .sit file, can I use that on PC?

Erik;

I was also having this problem and posted to this board on 8/23/02. I was guided to changing the 3d Coversion Resolution setting.

For a solution that does not involve buying the upgrade, try going to File>Preferences>Vectorworks Preferences>3d>3dConversion Resolution. Set to Low and see if this helps. I had this set to high and ended up with hundreds of lines on my curved walls. Setting it to Low solved the problem.

quote:

Originally posted by Erik Buijs:

Gareth, I tried to put the file in my menu. Downloading worked fine, however it doesn't work yet. It seems to be a .sit file, can I use that on PC?

.sit is a StuffIt Archive file. Go to http://www.aladdinsys.com to find a Stuffit decoder, it's a free download.

quote:

Originally posted by Erik Buijs:

And Katie, when I said isolines, I actually ment the renderlines. I sometimes still use terms of AutoCad! Sorry!

Note that isoline is a technically appropriate general term for what you are describing, although a person may need to be reasonably well informed about geometry or topology to know what you mean by it.

In reading the list of new features for VW 10, it appears that this function is now a part of the VW 10 program.