Arraying along a path.

Hi,

I have a rectangle at the start of the line measuring 400mm. I want to array it along that line, around the arc of 628mm and then along the line of 1422mm. How do I go about this?

I've tried using "Edit", "Array along a path", etc... but it's not quite working or I am doing something wrong with it.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Screenshot (35).png

First, make sure that your path is all one object and not a 2 lines and an arc.  Select all of the path components, then go to Modify - Compose.  This will turn the path into a single polyline.  Then you should be able to run the Array Along Path / Duplicate Along Path with these settings (Fixed Distance set to height of rectangle) and get it reasonably done along the path.  You'll likely need to adjust the rectangles along the arc a little, but it's a good start.  After the duplication is complete, you can select the patch and do Modify - Decompose if you need it back to being separate objects for the constrained dimensions.

image.thumb.png.8ec9a9f420c83d2bac12813b81d44f36.png

• Like 1