glass/plexi

csherpa

Using a powerbook g4. vw8/rw8. I am creating a display case with glass. The glass I've tried so far distorts the inside of the case dramatically . Clear plexiglass I 've tried is too foggy. Do you have any suggestions for a nice undistorted clear medium? Thanks

Thanks to you both. I have thought about the hole idea as a last resort but it's not quite the look I was going for, looks like somethings missing. I also have adjusted the transparency and shininess but again I haven't found what I'm looking for, Just a hint of glass. It's either coke bottles or milk so far. I'll keep trying...

Well, this may be cheating, but it may be the most direct solution if you are familiar with Photoshop: Create your display case without any glass element as has been suggested. Then export your rendering as a Photoshop image of desired quality/resolution. Open the image in PS, create a new layer, and using the 'pen' tool, carefully create a marquee around the case window where the glass would be. When you get it just right, save it as a path so that you don't have to keep re-drawing it. Then with the new path selected, use the airbrush tool with white (or whatever color is appropriate) to zip a few diagonal strokes across the case. You can erase, adjust for blur, opacity, and so on, so that the look is right. What is good about this method is that while it has to be done on a case-by-case basis (no pun intended) you have the control of not obscuring the view of some feature of the case interior, and you can make the effect very subtle but still effective. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...