Backgrounds

Peerman - Try this:

Create a very large sphere, large enough to cover your entire scene like a large dome. Duplicate that same sphere with no offset so the copy is in the exact same position as the original. Make this copy sphere a little smaller than the original. Perform a solid subtraction on the spheres so that the smaller one is subtracted from the larger one thus creating a hollow sphere.

Perform another solid subtraction on your hollow sphere by cutting it in half (use a large cube) so that only one half of the hollow sphere remains thus giving you a shell of sorts.

Invert this "shell" and place it over your scene like a giant dome. You can scale it up if you need to.

Now that you have created a dome, map a cloud image to the inside of the dome and you will have a sky background for 360 degrees.

If your map is too dark on the solid subtraction dome (a mapping bug in Renderworks 9), convert your dome to 3D polys and that should take care of the problem.

I hope I made some sense. This has worked for me.

Good Luck,

Andrej cool.gif" border="0