3D Car For VW/RW 8.5

Denis O'Reilly

Happy Christmas from Ireland!

I'm desperatly trying to find a european size car for use in a model I am working on, can anyone help? if so I'd be more than happy to share some models of peple and furniture in return for nice models of cars? only thing is I need this urgently! deadlines loom....come on lets all get sharing!

denis@space-int.com

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by Denis O'Reilly:
Happy Christmas from Ireland!

I'm desperatly trying to find a european size car for use in a model I am working on, can anyone help?denis@space-int.com

Have you checked http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/vehicles.asp? They have a fair number of DXFs you could import, including a VW Bug.

Okay, I found it. In VW 8.5.2 go to: TOOLKIT>ARCHITECTURAL>SYMBOLS>02-SiteWork>Cars & Trucks. There is one 3d car symbol. It is probably too long. Put one on your drawing, select it, then go to "Edit Symbol". In the Edit Symbol area you will see that the car is just a group. Pull it to the dimension you want (or make other modifications) and then exit symbol. This ought to give you a reasonable facsimile. If you want a better selection you can purchase lots of symbols, including cars & trucks from imagecels.com. Happy Holidays from Oregon USA PLC