How to hide NonPlot Class in the printing

Hi all,

How do you all do when you want to have some guide lines and not print these? 

The only workaround I've been doing is the creating the NonPlot class give it some strange colours so we can know it's visible and then before printing turn off the class, but is there any other way?

(eg. when working in Autocad you could change the in the layer to not be printable even though the line was active and in the print area, is something like this possible?)

@FBernardo I use the method you describe, but with a design layer called "layout" that I send to the back of the stack typically.  I just turn that design layer off myself in the viewport.  My graphics on the "layout" design layer also use funky colors and thin lineweights, so if I forget to turn it off it doesn't create a significant issue.  Since it's at the bottom of the stack, my other geometry mostly covers things up if I forget to turn it off.

Having a 'defpoints' class has been a long asked for feature in Vectorworks that seems to have gone unsatisfied for over a decade.

Some methods people on Vectorworks use is the Guides feature found in the Modify menu.  Hide/Show guides as needed, which just turns off the created Guides class.

Another option is to set up your template with viewports and/or saved views having class settings with certain things turned off.

A more complicated means to achieve this is to use specific class names and then script turning them off with a custom print command.

I just trust myself to do the necessary rather than make it overly complicated until Vectorworks provides a better way...

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, jeff prince said:

@FBernardo I use the method you describe, but with a design layer called "layout" that I send to the back of the stack typically.  I just turn that design layer off myself in the viewport.  My graphics on the "layout" design layer also use funky colors and thin lineweights, so if I forget to turn it off it doesn't create a significant issue.  Since it's at the bottom of the stack, my other geometry mostly covers things up if I forget to turn it off.

Having a 'defpoints' class has been a long asked for feature in Vectorworks that seems to have gone unsatisfied for over a decade.

Some methods people on Vectorworks use is the Guides feature found in the Modify menu.  Hide/Show guides as needed, which just turns off the created Guides class.

Another option is to set up your template with viewports and/or saved views having class settings with certain things turned off.

A more complicated means to achieve this is to use specific class names and then script turning them off with a custom print command.

I just trust myself to do the necessary rather than make it overly complicated until Vectorworks provides a better way...

Thanks for your input. 

In the Design Layer is not my main concern as I can just turn off the class, is usually adding some guides in the sheet layers that worries me, and due to time pressures I've already sent drawings with lines and guides that I have to send revisions for, as we all know when working under pressure usually happens these types of mistakes... 

another suggestion I've seen in the office is changing the background colour to a slighter darker and use the nonplot with White colour but the con side is that it might hurt your eye sight more than is needed... 

1 hour ago, jeff prince said:

Thanks for your input. 

In the Design Layer is not my main concern as I can just turn off the class, is usually adding some guides in the sheet layers that worries me, and due to time pressures I've already sent drawings with lines and guides that I have to send revisions for, as we all know when working under pressure usually happens these types of mistakes... 

another suggestion I've seen in the office is changing the background colour to a slighter darker and use the nonplot with White colour but the con side is that it might hurt your eye sight more than is needed... 

EDIT: There is a post already in the WISHLIST highlighting this request, for those who want to have a look

• Like 3