Vectorworks Remote on iPad

markymarc

Question

16 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Oaktown

Please unzip the attached file and drag its contents into the Vectorworks Plug-Ins folder, replacing the existing ones. This should be able to fix the Remote crash.

Note, you need to run the Quarantine command as follows:

-In Terminal type:     xattr -d com.apple.quarantine     make sure there is a space, after ‘quarantine’, then drag the attached .zip file into the Terminal window and press <return>

-Unzip the file using the Mac operating system's decompression option, do not use another decompression utility.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

Remote plugin M1 fix.zip

• Like 1

@Oaktown,

I am sorry you are having difficulties making it work.

I suspect it's returning "No such xattr: com.apple.quarantine" because the quarantine has already been removed.

Please make sure you are correctly replacing the current files in the Vectorworks installation folder with the ones provided in the zip.

Vectorworks Remote.vwlibrary should go to: Plug-ins

The contents of the VWRemoteServer.framework folder should replace the contents of the Plug-ins/VWRemoteServer.framework folder

Make sure the old ones are completely removed from the Vectorworks installation folder.

We tried this .zip on a few machines and it worked on all of them, so I really hope it will work for yours too. By the way, these are for Vectorworks 2023. Are you trying with a prior version by any chance?

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

• Like 1
On 12/19/2022 at 4:22 PM, inikolova said:

@Oaktown

Please unzip the attached file and drag its contents into the Vectorworks Plug-Ins folder, replacing the existing ones. This should be able to fix the Remote crash.

Note, you need to run the Quarantine command as follows:

-In Terminal type:     xattr -d com.apple.quarantine     make sure there is a space, after ‘quarantine’, then drag the attached .zip file into the Terminal window and press <return>

-Unzip the file using the Mac operating system's decompression option, do not use another decompression utility.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

Remote plugin M1 fix.zip 21.94 MB · 12 downloads

This under the hood process was still required for M1 MAX on VWX2023 SP3 on March 9th, 2023.

Followed step by step and it worked.

Happy to have use of VWX Remote App again. Would love to see updates to this app.

5 hours ago, Anders Blomberg said:

is there a reason why

There are reasons. Many reasons. Vectorworks is a very complicated piece of software and we are always looking for ways to accelerate these updates. That is why we just increased the update (SP) frequency. In a sense there are no "minor" bug fixes. We need to take time to build confidence that any particular fix does not introduce a step backwards. 

• Like 3

@Dave Donley @SteveJ @inikolova The remote seems broken again with V2024 and it stalls "Initializing the connection...".  Is there a new work around to get it working?

I tried using the work around as last time but that didn't work and I have the same issue on the iPad and iPhone apps in automatic or manual connection mode. 

Frédéric "Oaktown"

Edited by Oaktown

Hi @Oaktown,

I just tested Vectorworks remote on both Windows and Mac, and I did not have any issue connecting. Please check this article, it contains a lot of information on how to troubleshoot an inability to connect.

https://cloud.vectorworks.net/products/remote/connection_guide/

If you are still unable to connect, I can work with you via personal messages to try to figure it out.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova