2 images to an object?

AndyM

I am trying to put a graphic on a half barrel shaped sign that will hang over a trade show booth. The graphic needs to be on both sides of the object. Is there a way to apply 2 images to an object? I would like to avoid having to make one graphic showing both sides as is is difficult to get the spacing right.

Have you tried making the graphic a symbol? If not, select the graphic and choose Create Symbol from the Organize menu. Then you can place the symbol twice in your drawing, once on each side of the sign. If you need to edit the graphic/symbol, the changes will appear in both instances in your drawing.

Good luck,Raymond Mullin

I was applying the graphic as a texture. Is there a way to make the graphic conform to the curvature of the object without applying it as a texture? I guess I could make another object that has the same curve but then you could see the edges of the new object.

Andy,

As far as I know, the only objects that can have more than one texture are walls. What may be simpler in your case, is to convert your 3D object to polygons or a mesh. You can then but the object in half and assign a texture to each part.

As long as they are touching each other, you should not see a seam when viewed in a rendered mode (Aside from where the texture changes)

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

quote:

Originally posted by AndyM7777:
I was applying the graphic as a texture. Is there a way to make the graphic conform to the curvature of the object without applying it as a texture? I guess I could make another object that has the same curve but then you could see the edges of the new object.