Aidan

Aidan

While I doubt you will find much information about how to draw a Helix in AutoCADD, I can tell you how to draw one in VectorWorks.

Start with a cross section of the end of each side. First draw a line that will be the length of the separation between the two sides. Then use the circle tool to draw a circle around each end point. Place a locus point in the center of the line.

Next, select both the locus point and one of the circles and use the sweep command from the model menu. Set as many degrees of revolution as you want, and use the pitch field to adjust how it sweeps into the z-axis.

Draw another locus point on the middle of the line and sweep out the second circle.

Now all you have to do is use the 3D drawing tools to connect the two sides at the points you want.

If you want I can email you a file which has this broken down into steps. All I need would be your email address.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by Aidan:

I am having trouble getting Auto Cad 2000 to draw a Helix. could someone explain.

[This message has been edited by Matthew Giampapa (edited 10-08-2001).]