Subtracted solids render funny in 9.0.1

MikeB

Some of the subtracted solids I have created in RW9.0.1 will render darker than other extrudes in the same file, with the same orientation, same texture map and the same light sources. If I convert this to a mesh or 3-D polygons it will render correctly but then I cant edit the solid subtraction any more.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

G4 733 382 Mb ram 150 Mb to VW 9.0.1/Rw 9.0.1

quote:

Originally posted by MikeB:

....Has anyone else seen this problem?

G4 733 382 Mb ram 150 Mb to VW 9.0.1/Rw 9.0.1

Yep! same here on Win 2000, VW-RW 9.0.1

Just today i wasted hours with this behaviour, i encountered following:

This happens with solid substractions and sweeps. They won't receive any light except the >layer ambiente<.

AFAIK it happens only with textures based on large images. Say you use a large image and set the texture size to maybe 1500 mm you will get this outcome.

If you use the same texture and set the texture size to something about 10 ( i think the values alter with the size of the image)

and scale up the Texture in the object's texture mapping dialog it renders right.

This happend also in RW 8, i submitted the bug a while ago.

Kind Regards,

Hannes

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect this is a problem which has been fixed in 9.5, assuming its the large image size texture problem.

If changing your texture size to something smaller than 12 inches does not resolve this please let us know at Tech@nemetschek.net and well will research this further.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by Hannes:

Yep! same here on Win 2000, VW-RW 9.0.1

Just today i wasted hours with this behaviour, i encountered following:

This happens with solid substractions and sweeps. They won't receive any light except the >layer ambiente<.

AFAIK it happens only with textures based on large images. Say you use a large image and set the texture size to maybe 1500 mm you will get this outcome.

If you use the same texture and set the texture size to something about 10 ( i think the values alter with the size of the image)

and scale up the Texture in the object's texture mapping dialog it renders right.

This happend also in RW 8, i submitted the bug a while ago.

Kind Regards,

Hannes

Yes this has been fixed in the 9.5 release.

Matt

quote:

Originally posted by Matthew Giampapa:

I suspect this is a problem which has been fixed in 9.5, assuming its the large image size texture problem.

If changing your texture size to something smaller than 12 inches does not resolve this please let us know at Tech@nemetschek.net and well will research this further.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

• 1 month later...