RenderWorks and VW9.01

What exactly is it not doing. Is the "Final Renderworks" mode available or greyed out. Do you have the option to create new textures. Be sure you have Renderworks installed properly. I use a windows machine at home and I have to say the installation procedure is a little confusing. You need to make sure you install Renderworks inside your VW9 folder for all the pieces to be put in the right place for Renderworks to operate. Also install the newest versions of QuickTime (from Apple) and Open GL (on the VW installation disk as a seperate installation)

If you have RW installed properly, the phrase "RENDERWORKS INSTALLED" should appeare on the splash screen when you lauch the program

Good Luck

quote:

Originally posted by MikeB:

What exactly is it not doing. Is the "Final Renderworks" mode available or greyed out. Do you have the option to create new textures. Be sure you have Renderworks installed properly. I use a windows machine at home and I have to say the installation procedure is a little confusing. You need to make sure you install Renderworks inside your VW9 folder for all the pieces to be put in the right place for Renderworks to operate. Also install the newest versions of QuickTime (from Apple) and Open GL (on the VW installation disk as a seperate installation)

If you have RW installed properly, the phrase "RENDERWORKS INSTALLED" should appeare on the splash screen when you lauch the program

Good Luck

Thanks Mike

I tried what you said but still did not work. I reinstalled VW9.0 and it works well.On RenderWorks 9.0 it shows "RENDERWORKS INSTALLED" whereas on 9.0.1 nothing is shown.

In VW 9.0.1 all the RW mode is greyed out.

All I can suggest is that you reinstall 9.0.1 and be sure you install RW into the VW 9.0.1 folder. I had to install it twice to get it right. Also make sure your not installing into one of the subfolders inside the VW 9.0.1 folder. If that dosen't work call Tech support.

Mike

I have read and performed your instructions below and the installation says that it is complete but when I open Vectorworks Spotlight 9, there is not sign of Renderworks. It never even asks for a serial #.

Any other ideas.

Thanks

Lonnie

quote:

Originally posted by MikeB:

Good Luck

quote:

Originally posted by lalcaraz:

Mike

I have read and performed your instructions below and the installation says that it is complete but when I open Vectorworks Spotlight 9, there is not sign of Renderworks. It never even asks for a serial #.

Any other ideas.

Thanks

Lonnie

I must first thank Mike for the above information, however, what he did not say was that even when VW9.0 is uninstalled and VW9.0.1 installed, a version of VW9.0 is reinstalled and that is where RW9.0 finds itself as the default program to attach to. In order for RW9.0 to work on VW9.0.1 you must tell it to install in VW9.0.1 during your reinstallation.

Thanks again Mike and goodluck Lonnie.

I had a very similar situation when I installed RW. I originally installed VW, and when I put the disk in to install RW it automatically ran to install, but did not ask for my information, so it did not complete installation. The only thing that worked for me was to completely uninstall both from my harddrive (all folders) and reinstall. I think I had to do it twice before it succeeded.

• 2 weeks later...

The real problem here is that version 9.0.1 has a different default install location than 9.0.0 did. The RenderWorks installer defaults to c:\program files\vectorworks 9\, it need to be installed to the same location as VectorWorks 9.0.1 is, which now defaults to c:\program files\vectorworks 9.0.1.

When you install RenderWorks, at some point you will prompted to tell it where to install to, and there will be a browse button to the right. Click browse and navigate to the 9.0.1 directory. Please note, you must actually navigate to inside the 9.0.1 folder. You will know you are in the right place when you hit ok and the area to the left of the browse button reads the 9.0.1 instead of 9.

The other possible cause of the problem you describe is that there is no OpenGL IDC installed by the OS or your graphics card. The only version of windows that this is likely to happen is Windows 95, OEM release 1. The solution to this is to download Microsoft's software OpenGL ICD from microsoft.com, or to install an updated graphics driver from your card's manufacturer.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by Heather Francis:

I had a very similar situation when I installed RW. I originally installed VW, and when I put the disk in to install RW it automatically ran to install, but did not ask for my information, so it did not complete installation. The only thing that worked for me was to completely uninstall both from my harddrive (all folders) and reinstall. I think I had to do it twice before it succeeded.