Strange Rendering Problems

grundy

Hi guys.

I'm a student in Australia, I'm at school right now, and I'm having a strange problem with rendering.

I have a 3D Manager object in VW 9.0.1 and I have a plain coloured texture on the object, the texture also has plain transperancy and a low reflection. The problem is that when I render, strange blobs of unwanted colour show up on the model. I found that when we dissable the transperancy the problenm dissapears. But I dont want to have to do this. Can anyone help?

• 3 weeks later...

You may want to check with Julian Carr concerning 3D Manager Objects and texture maps - have you coverted the 3D Mgr object to mesh and then mapped the texture to the object?

You'll get better control over placement etc...

Does the 3D Mgr object have a wall thickness or is it solid? This can effect the object

You may also want to try and tweak (adjust & move) your lights - I've also had this problem - RW 9.0.1 fixed it however...

Insted of one single intense light source - I used a ring of lights at a low percentage - no spots of color...

-TPW

[This message has been edited by troypwms (edited 09-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by troypwms (edited 09-05-2001).]

I've noticed that under certain circumstances the combination of transparency and mirror reflectivity can cause the problem you are describing. They are really bright CMYK values. I still haven't submitted it to bug submit because I'm not sure how to reproduce it, but it does happen from time to time.

Try just useing the glass reflectivity. it allows you to set the transparency within the reflectivity setting, so you don't need the plain transparency.

If you can reproduce it send it to NNA for evaluation.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen this before in documents converted from 8 or that have had version 8 textures applied to them.

In your document, open the resources pallet and at the top pull down menu select your current document. Now double click on the texture in question to edit it. Once you are in the edit texture dialog box, check each click to open each of the shaders to see what the numerical value is. If the phong value is set to 65555 or some other absurd value try resetting it.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by grundy:

Hi guys.

I'm a student in Australia, I'm at school right now, and I'm having a strange problem with rendering.

I have a 3D Manager object in VW 9.0.1 and I have a plain coloured texture on the object, the texture also has plain transperancy and a low reflection. The problem is that when I render, strange blobs of unwanted colour show up on the model. I found that when we dissable the transperancy the problenm dissapears. But I dont want to have to do this. Can anyone help?