Creation of a custom structural member

Hi,

I am having an issue with the creation of bespoke sized structural members that I hope somone may be able to assit with.

We utalise bespoke girder plate beams (75mm x 200mm x Length), which I am attempting to add as a custom structural member. I can select 'Member Type: Custom' and see a set of pre-filled material sizes, but cannot for the life of me work out how to edit these or import a custom shape with these dimentions?

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Callum

On 7/1/2022 at 4:27 AM, clewy said:

Hi,

I am having an issue with the creation of bespoke sized structural members that I hope somone may be able to assit with.

We utalise bespoke girder plate beams (75mm x 200mm x Length), which I am attempting to add as a custom structural member. I can select 'Member Type: Custom' and see a set of pre-filled material sizes, but cannot for the life of me work out how to edit these or import a custom shape with these dimentions?

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Callum

Draw a rectangle at 75x200 and save as a symbol. Select "member type :custom" in the framing tool, scroll down to the bottom of the OIP. "Choose Profile Symbol" navigate in the resources that come up to your current open file where that symbol of 75x200 is and select it. 👍🏻

Edited by blanger
  • Like 3
  • 1 month later...