Space Object Bug When Created in Rotate Plan View

Ian M.

Question

I am working in a "Rotated Plan" view.  I created a "Space" object, but it sets the label at the original orientation.  Using the "Settings" button in the OIP, I corrected the "Label Angle" to match the rotated plan angle.  This successfully oriented the space label, but it also rotated the space boundary. How can I use the "Space" object so that the boundary sticks in place, but the label orients the way I would like it to?

5 answers to this question

Hmmh,

I think rotated Plan View has to improve in general.

It is not unlikely that a Building, or part of it, needs to be aligned to View Pane.

And it should be easier to make all object creation and editing to align with that

angle abberation.

Maybe it would work if you activate a custom rotated UCS before you place

your Spaces or Annotations (?)

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, zoomer said:

Hmmh,

I think rotated Plan View has to improve in general.

It is not unlikely that a Building, or part of it, needs to be aligned to View Pane.

And it should be easier to make all object creation and editing to align with that

angle abberation.

Maybe it would work if you activate a custom rotated UCS before you place

your Spaces or Annotations (?)

The "Rotate Plan" command has been easy to use, so it is frustrating that there are tools that don't work well in that mode.  I was wondering about a custom UCS, so thank you for confirming that notion for me.  I haven't worked with that very much and I worry that I will screw something else up...

• Like 1